SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Chiterflyer and I are doing some test flights at our local club Saturday afternoon.
He is testing his first Skywalker.
I'm doing some micro quad and Mini SW fpving leagal like set ups.

Also will be testing my Headplays after Angelos's fix. Got one of the new red protectors for it so now not afraid to use them.

Oh also might get to test my latest Quad set up. Got the new DJI Naza board fitted and should be ready to test if I can figure out how to program it.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,652 Posts
Dont think I posted this video but this is the last flight of the Super Alulah last year

Super Alulah flight in windy conditions. (4 min 19 sec)

This year its all Gopro stuff
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Got the new DJI Naza board fitted and should be ready to test if I can figure out how to program it.
Would love to see a few pictures of that m8.
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:45 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,652 Posts
ohh Naza board, I missed that ... I have one on the way to me ... copter control is going in the junk bin
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by est1976 View Post
ohh Naza board, I missed that ... I have one on the way to me ... copter control is going in the junk bin
If the copter control is going in the junk bin I'll pay postage to me
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Honestly.... some people.

Daz has bailed... 'it's too blooming cold'. Pah. But luckilly he has a very special telly. On channel 8 he will be able to watch live footage of his own roof and chimney!!!

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
Honestly.... some people.

Daz has bailed... 'it's too blooming cold'. Pah. But luckilly he has a very special telly. On channel 8 he will be able to watch live footage of his own roof and chimney!!!

Paul
He'll see himself just before the zagi comes through his window
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Gave myself a great task tonight. To get the Naza board running using a brand new turnigy er9x with the smartiepart board fitted and software upgraded. Well I've only gone and got it working. Please don't asked me how I got the gear switch to work properly on the Naza board. I just pushed some buttons till I got the end points where I needed them. Will put the props on tomorrrow and try not to crash it. I'll try and do a photo but your better going to the ski-hobby web site to check it.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, North Lincolnshire
Joined Nov 2010
42 Posts
Well, Pan/Tilt fitted to the Easy Fly glider, AXN all kitted out, bring on this weekends weather is all I can say
woodss is offline Find More Posts by woodss
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,299 Posts
... a bit more progress on glueing the indoor plane, made new cable to bypass the rubbish BEV 3-way video switch in the BD-5, replaced and wired in a new gel battery in the ground station and posted a DOSD set.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:15 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Well done muddy.

I was only saying to some one this morning that the RC Toy and Serious market has come on more in the last 3 years than it has in the past 30!! In fact its almost like every three months in the Multi Rotor and FPV niche markets.

Dont worry Ghost... If I hit his windows then things have gone so wrong I will simply give up FPV lol.

Two amazing things happened tonight.... Zorba was 16 minutes late (I was expecting news of hell freezing over) and Daz turned up - with a flask of hot chocolate I thought I saw a pig flying past at the same time....

Loads of people have mentioned to both me and Angelos about the spiral dive from a little while back..... So we did the same tonight from a greater hieght... With Daz providing a special light aid

next to zero wind on ground, but around 400m was a different story speed to 4 to 12kph, it was elevator time (as in sky scraper lift) mental.... At one stage the 3 spotters reprted I was shooting up and flying backwards at the same time

ESC blipped and South Paw noticed as I reported that the lights flickered (I need to heat shrink the LED remote switch to strip jst connector) so I bailed at 2300 los even tho I had enough pack and they could still see everything I was doing in the air.

For the 4th time running I have had to wipe the Pussagi dry, lift of the canopy and leave it near the radiator and open up the ground station to dry off !

Paul

p.s. Daz has been nite De-Virginized..... Even landed it himself
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
630 Posts
Not FPV but aviation related... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16452878
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Cheers Yogz and yes it's true I'm 22 today pml. Also yes it's true you do make your own wind and myself as well as many others have been unfortunate to be down wind when your trumping . All excuses aside , next week is on for night flying. I have a couple of good flying sites sorted, just need to sort some landing lights out, hang on I've got an inverter for the car and a 500 w flood light. Hook that to the extension lead and run that to the field and were sorted.
Liam
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:46 AM
Electronics slayer
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Had a good night flying with the boys last night; Daz, Angelos and Johnny Fartpants (or Mr & Mrs T'Greek).

It's funny, it was calm and clear and it had what I thought was the recipe for an excellent flight, but although sill fun, it's better when it's windy and partially cloudy!

I think this image would make a great addition to the Pusagi Paul

SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:04 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
I want in on some night flying fun My Zagi is ready to fly to the moon, well as far as 2x 2200's will take it!
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite