Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:02 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
And I dont think that was Yogz (Paul) either, pretty sure it was Liam
hahaha... I am all mixed up then. I guess I am still troubled by the park ranger's appearance... GOT HIS NUMBER though
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:52 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Yeah that's my handy helper Liam
Rcm, any chance of a copy of that pic
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:36 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Owen im starting to worry about you pml
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,128 Posts
Here's my next fpv machine. Just put it together from 2mm Correx and some old packing foam. Airframe cost less than 3, plus a couple of 3 servos and the motor and prop recovered from the remains of a model I found fly tipped,while out on a recent bike ride!

- I built the fuselage big enough to take the Gopro, but will just fly it with a micro camera and video Tx to start with.

The test flight went well this afternoon. Lovely and quiet as it is a low kv motor and has plenty of prop clearance from the trailing edge. Still has vertical performance though

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:10 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
do you have any radio gear already Al?
Hi unialfred! Thanks for getting back to me. I'm currently using a cheapo HobbyKing 6ch 2.4ghz radio, but I'll soon be using a 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9x if that helps at all?

Thanks,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:43 PM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
well it depends how good long range you want then. if you want to stick with 2.4ghz fdor radio. you would need to buy 5.8ghz video to stay legal. but if you get a long range radio such as this one: http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/rc-...ital-rc-system then you could go with 2.4ghz. or of course you could get a 35mhz radio and use 2.4ghz. of course that is if you wish to stay legal
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:31 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Here's my next fpv machine. Just put it together from 2mm Correx and some old packing foam. Airframe cost less than 3, plus a couple of 3 servos and the motor and prop recovered from the remains of a model I found fly tipped,while out on a recent bike ride!

- I built the fuselage big enough to take the Gopro, but will just fly it with a micro camera and video Tx to start with.

The test flight went well this afternoon. Lovely and quiet as it is a low kv motor and has plenty of prop clearance from the trailing edge. Still has vertical performance though

Malcolm
Thats pretty nice Malcolm, but please make sure your 3 servos are reliable before you trust them with a 250 GoPro
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:39 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,127 Posts
only use metal gear ones now
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:43 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Thats pretty nice Malcolm, but please make sure your 3 servos are reliable before you trust them with a 250 GoPro
Yep - that's the reason for flying it with the basic fpv gear to start with

- Have used the same servos a few times with no problems so far though. (analogue corona metal gear ones from Giant Cod)

- I intend to use this model for more short range proximity flying than anything else - which is why it is cheap and built to bounce a few times..........it may not last long enough to fit the Gopro

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:54 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Cloud tickling (3 min 21 sec)

my skywalker #3 tickling the clouds
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:25 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
I got some testing of my new setup for the mx2 in on saterday and was pleasantly suprised with the results it had a lot mOre power and the new motor has ment I can take the extra lead out of the nose. I still need a lot more practice to smooth out my flying but had a great time chucking it around the sky. The c of g needs a bit of fine tuning and the thrust line on the new Motor mount I made is way off. I think I'm pushing my luck on a 40a esc willhave to upgrade to a 60 a to be on the safe side.
But 4 x good take offs and landings with no bent undercarriage left me feeling rally good about this plane. I'm defanatly taking my fold out chair with me next time some of the spins made me feel a bit wobbaly standing up lol.
emax motor test in mx2 (4 min 29 sec)

Cheers
Nick
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Last edited by fpvnick; Nov 07, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,387 Posts
Nice Nick, keep it up
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:52 AM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
rc monster shame about the song. not that i dont like it but everytime i hear it i think of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9h9v0ikwzY
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:34 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post

Malcolm
Looks nice how about some details size / wing sweep and construction, where did you source the black 2mm correx . Did you have to ballast the nose at all?

I play with correx off and on and I am kinda surprised that we dont use it more. There are several SPAD sites on the web and some really clever guys that fold correx into warbirds models that look as good as balsa.

IE http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445391

My 60 correx wing weighs 1.66 kg flying with 2 x 2200 lipos which it seems is still lighter that a zepher.
I built it by folding the leading edge and a single spar wing tip to tip which makes it surprisingly stiff, can be held from one tip whith no flex
Your looks the same construction method??

Well done nice one

Regards Jeff

PS & keep out of MY skips
Upup is online now Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Nov 07, 2011 at 03:53 AM.