Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:18 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Do you have a lawn now owen sweet garden must be coming along nicely dose this mean next time I come down I won't break my neck getting to you man cave

Mudlark good thinking on te 5.8 I supper that kind of keeps distance down to a reasonable / legal value. I'm in for Fpv holidays boats cars planes tanks? All sounds good to me

RCM if and when I get my mirage going can I pop up to yourclub on the odd ocation as I will need a nice patch of grass to land on it's king of why I haven't finished it as I can't find any where ear me to fly from. I think it would be worth the trip to be able to take off and land on retracts. I'll do poo clearing for you if that gets me in lol

Like the vid pasty nice flying I need to get my act together andget my quad fixed after my first unsuccessful night flying attempt in the back garden last week inbroke an arm when I clipped the shed. I'll watch your vid again tonight and hopefully it will get me motivated to get in the man cave again ( and not drill my thumb this time)
It's getting there. I laid seed down a month or so ago and it's rise up quite well. You won't break your leg in the garden just the garage. I boarded the upstairs and it's full of junk. Needs a sort through. But don't they all....
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:34 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
Frank came round yesterday spent ages trying to get his eagltree osd working ( did mine and nicks in about ten mins flat) no luck, tested the camera fine, vtx fine everything fine plug it in the osd then no go.

He went home and plugged it in and all works fine ??? wierd.
this is Frank we are talking about. It seems to me that the camera was producing this problem . this camera has spent at least 1 hour at the bottom of a river. this was the first time it has been switched on after it's dunking

Other possibility. I think his camera is an NTSC one maybe the display you were using was not ready for these electronic adventures...
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:40 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,658 Posts
You shoulda said you were flying John. I had the last three days off. I was tempted to
Go out for a whizz when the rain cleared up but thought stuff it lol.

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:55 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Cheap FPV setup UK?

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I am a complete newbie to FPV (minus sticking a keychain cam on the nose of my Bixler) and I'd like to give it a try.
Could anyone suggest a good (and preferably cheap) FPV setup for use in the UK?
I know that certain frequencies are illegal etc etc...

Thanks for any help,
Happy flying,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:57 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,658 Posts
Oh Owen. Forgot to package and weigh up the wings. I'll do it tomorrow morning. Good news is the set are only missing one aileron :P.

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
do you have any radio gear already Al?
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:10 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
this is Frank we are talking about. It seems to me that the camera was producing this problem . this camera has spent at least 1 hour at the bottom of a river. this was the first time it has been switched on after it's dunking

Other possibility. I think his camera is an NTSC one maybe the display you were using was not ready for these electronic adventures...
I thought that too but swapped out with my spare cam and still happened
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:13 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
5,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I am a complete newbie to FPV (minus sticking a keychain cam on the nose of my Bixler) and I'd like to give it a try.
Could anyone suggest a good (and preferably cheap) FPV setup for use in the UK?
I know that certain frequencies are illegal etc etc...

Thanks for any help,
Happy flying,
Al
try to catch a bargain http://www.rcgroups.com/fpv-rpv-equi...cles-fs-w-710/
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
Yes snoop!! tried to find one without lots of swearing lol was a mission
Smithers is all about the 80's he has the goonies poster on his bedroom wall.

Cheers mudlark had to go up three times went to the field with one set of batts and forgot to press Rec on the gopro.
Back home to charge and went up 2 more times.

Only prob was lens was fogged up after going through thick clouds gopro and flying cam
Any ideas? Tried a 100 mph dive but didn't do a lot!!
SmithersMK is offline Find More Posts by SmithersMK
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:06 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Mudlark... no worries, I am away for a few days now anyhow :-D

SouthPawPaul... good to meet you :-D hope to see a lot of you, you'll be a great addition to our happy band flying in all our little spots.

Pasty... stunnned! amazing flying (given that I have done a fair bit of proximity I know how much skill you have to do what you have shown us

Owen... huge apologies dude - flights were booked different to what I was told, today has been manic as I am off in the morning, not Sunday as I thought!

Dalibab... very kool vid sir. Go to halfords and buy some Rainex. you will not find a better surfactant based water repellent. Clean your car windscreen, follow the directtions and never use your wiperas again - I kid you not it's that good. and the smallest pot will last for 30 years of FPV/ go pro use!!!!!

So I wonder how many FPV flyers there are in LA? is that where RCPowers are based? see you in a while gang.

:-D I so need this trip, and I was about to give up on Karma.... thankyou to those who shall remain nameless who have donated to make this happpen

Have fun while I'm away chaps, keep doing what you do... safely

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
Mudlark... no worries, I am away for a few days now anyhow :-D

SouthPawPaul... good to meet you :-D hope to see a lot of you, you'll be a great addition to our happy band flying in all our little spots.

Pasty... stunnned! amazing flying (given that I have done a fair bit of proximity I know how much skill you have to do what you have shown us

Owen... huge apologies dude - flights were booked different to what I was told, today has been manic as I am off in the morning, not Sunday as I thought!

Dalibab... very kool vid sir. Go to halfords and buy some Rainex. you will not find a better surfactant based water repellent. Clean your car windscreen, follow the directtions and never use your wiperas again - I kid you not it's that good. and the smallest pot will last for 30 years of FPV/ go pro use!!!!!

So I wonder how many FPV flyers there are in LA? is that where RCPowers are based? see you in a while gang.

:-D I so need this trip, and I was about to give up on Karma.... thankyou to those who shall remain nameless who have donated to make this happpen

Have fun while I'm away chaps, keep doing what you do... safely

Paul
yes remember that from the Gti days. Makes your windscreen seem lke your going to warp
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab
Old Nov 05, 2011, 10:59 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
5,993 Posts
fpv meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCmlN-LztQ

just a few pic I took on the day...dedicated to our friend the park ranger...GOT YOUR NUMBER
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:17 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCmlN-LztQ

just a few pic I took on the day...dedicated to our friend the park ranger...GOT YOUR NUMBER
Just so you know thats not unialfred
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
Haha yeah thats not me..
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Nov 05, 2011, 04:29 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003