2,110 Posts
I'm in the Market for a used Suffolk punch lawnmower or similar
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:34 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Do you have a lawn now owen sweet garden must be coming along nicely dose this mean next time I come down I won't break my neck getting to you man cave

Mudlark good thinking on te 5.8 I supper that kind of keeps distance down to a reasonable / legal value. I'm in for Fpv holidays boats cars planes tanks? All sounds good to me

RCM if and when I get my mirage going can I pop up to yourclub on the odd ocation as I will need a nice patch of grass to land on it's king of why I haven't finished it as I can't find any where ear me to fly from. I think it would be worth the trip to be able to take off and land on retracts. I'll do poo clearing for you if that gets me in lol

Like the vid pasty nice flying I need to get my act together andget my quad fixed after my first unsuccessful night flying attempt in the back garden last week inbroke an arm when I clipped the shed. I'll watch your vid again tonight and hopefully it will get me motivated to get in the man cave again ( and not drill my thumb this time)
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:27 AM
Electronics slayer
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
I just wanted to say a public thankyou to Angelos for taking the time to help someone in need.

We didn't get my Vtx working, but that's a reflection on my ability to break things and not Angelos' ability to fix things. In fact he knew what was wrong, we just didn't have the parts to fix it.

Also with Yogz popping over to Spartan HQ I had a very pleasant evening talking models and FPV.

Thanks. You guys are true ambassadors for our hobby.
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:30 AM
Multi Rotors Rule ! ;-)
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2010
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
I here yay

I'm getting engaged in two weeks to my American GF who has moved back to the states.
Looking to move out there in a little under two years and become a farmer.
Who would of thought it. can't wait to go.
Sounds an amazing prospect!?

So do you have a farming or agriculture background, or will pick it up as you move out there, literally jumping in at the deep end?

Plus with all that land - you might get a little lazy and propose you keep check on your livestock via FPV Plane... your FPV possibilities will be endless!

Sometimes one steps back and thinks, is this really what I want to do, such a big change, different country etc, but suppose without making that move, will never find out. Hope it all works out for you both.
SkyEyes is offline Find More Posts by SkyEyes
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:35 AM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
631 Posts
Hi Paul,
you are welcome. It is a pity that we didn't get any video through but there is RF power going to the antenna. FYI the TX module is available from Active Robots (http://www.active-robots.com/radio/d...er-module.html) but I don't think it worth pursuing. A little risky spending 20 on the modules + 3 or so on the replacement SMPS chip etc. Just get one of these little nice units that Yogz has (http://fpvhobby.com/transmitter/12-2...ansmitter.html) plus a regulator to 5V. Or... this other unit from FPV Hobby looks similar but seems to have the regulator on the PCB at the back http://fpvhobby.com/30-4ghz-500mw-transmitter.html But remember to check freq compatibility with your current receiver.

Good to see you anyway and I said last night you should pop over for some flying.

Cheers,
Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:51 AM
Multi Rotors Rule ! ;-)
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2010
879 Posts
Here's a nice 5V Turnigy regulator that I use. Provides a smooth 5V feed with noise reduction (switchable 5V or 6V, dropping down from your source voltage - ie: 11.1V from a standard 3S Lipo)...

http://www.lightningrc.co.uk/index.p...roducts_id=294
SkyEyes is offline Find More Posts by SkyEyes
Old Nov 04, 2011, 12:20 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Clouds at lunchtime..

Some lunchtime cloud flying. (2 min 21 sec)

John.
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab
Old Nov 04, 2011, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
I here yay

I'm getting engaged in two weeks to my American GF who has moved back to the states.
Looking to move out there in a little under two years and become a farmer.
Who would of thought it. can't wait to go.
Nice 1..
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:06 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
Clouds at lunchtime..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJbo_0Dhww

John.
nice video John. Started to make me dizzy
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:12 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,286 Posts
Quote:
nice video John. Started to make me dizzy
yes, it was like Eastenders in reverse and what was that cheezy music ??!?! talk about smithers putting on cheezy music what was that? snoop dog ?
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
yes, it was like Eastenders in reverse and what was that cheezy music ??!?! talk about smithers putting on cheezy music what was that? snoop dog ?
Yes snoop!! tried to find one without lots of swearing lol was a mission
Smithers is all about the 80's he has the goonies poster on his bedroom wall.

Cheers mudlark had to go up three times went to the field with one set of batts and forgot to press Rec on the gopro.
Back home to charge and went up 2 more times.

Only prob was lens was fogged up after going through thick clouds gopro and flying cam
Any ideas? Tried a 100 mph dive but didn't do a lot!!
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:33 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
Yes snoop!! tried to find one without lots of swearing lol was a mission
Smithers is all about the 80's he has the goonies poster on his bedroom wall.

Cheers mudlark had to go up three times went to the field with one set of batts and forgot to press Rec on the gopro.
Back home to charge and went up 2 more times.

Only prob was lens was fogged up after going through thick clouds gopro and flying cam
Any ideas? Tried a 100 mph dive but didn't do a lot!!
There is product called windex that stops the fogging of the lens. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnson-2013...0435108&sr=8-2 rather pricey though.
you could try an old divers trick...smearing spit on the lens,,, (i am not joking it really stops the fogging)
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:01 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
There is product called windex that stops the fogging of the lens. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnson-2013...0435108&sr=8-2 rather pricey though.
you could try an old divers trick...smearing spit on the lens,,, (i am not joking it really stops the fogging)
Forgot about spit works snowboarding too. not sure about up there as its the outside not the inside getting fogged up. will try though.

You flying sunday ? Frank came round yesterday spent ages trying to get his eagltree osd working ( did mine and nicks in about ten mins flat) no luck, tested the camera fine, vtx fine everything fine plug it in the osd then no go.

He went home and plugged it in and all works fine ??? wierd.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:13 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,978 Posts
Quote:

Absolutely spit works, used it all the time on my scuba mask strangely used to wash the spit out of the mask before putting it on, but it never steamed up.

Regards Jeff
Upup is online now Find More Posts by Upup
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Absolutely spit works used it all the time on my scuba mask strangely use to wash out the spit out of the mask before putting it on, but it never steam up

Regards Jeff
But its inside eh.

Ill try though.. Never need an excuse to aim up...