HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:46 PM
------------
Wielka Brytania, Anglia, Derbyshire
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Hi.
Im looking for cheap ferrite rings, anyone know where to buy them?
jsxx is offline Find More Posts by jsxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
571 Posts
Hi chaps I'm selling the following vtx below it was sent by bevrc today I ordered the 500 mw one and they have sent me the 1000 mw instead lol..the price is 45 delivered ..this is only 1 day ld its advertised over on fpv UK org classified payment by bank transfer feel free to pm me..PS the reason I'm selling it is his is a bit too much power for me cheers lads...

http://www.bevrc.com/bev-24-1000mw-p...fpv-p-240.html
mark the shark is online now Find More Posts by mark the shark
Old Nov 02, 2011, 04:01 PM
I Love Tea!
North East England
Joined Oct 2009
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Huskey, Your package is in the post
UniAlfieBoy, Your package is in the post
Barney, Nicley done keep up the good work
Liam, Answer your txt's
German guys straping burshless motors to themselves - also nicely done here's a link for ya if you go any higher http://brsparachutes.com/
LOL, sounds like someone is catching up with life
Husky2000 is offline Find More Posts by Husky2000
Old Nov 02, 2011, 04:37 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Hi Paul,
Mine says 336E then 817n3 on the next line
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:13 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawPaul View Post
It seems it's my turn to have angered the VTx gods today. Not sure what I did to make the magic smoke come out as I pulled everything apart in a panic when I heard that dreaded "fssssst" sound.

Anyone with the 500mw Airwaves 2.4ghz Tx take a look at the burnt component in the image I've attached and tell me what it should be. I'm fairly sure it's a capacitor, but it's not a type I've seen before.

looks like a 33uF capacitor, remove it & see if your unit still works, my guess is something else (a diode or regulator) is short too.
badlands is online now Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
it has 336C on the top line of text and 80B31 on the bottom
i like the scar Nick!

hahahaha!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsxx View Post
Hi.
got an old pc mother board? these usually a few on there to rob!

:-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 06:12 PM
Surrey UK
Joined Nov 2005
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsxx View Post
Hi.
Try Giant Cod

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/advanced_s...26832&x=9&y=14

regards

Geoff
Geoff Chapman is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Chapman
Old Nov 02, 2011, 06:55 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,189 Posts
FYI

Mitch (Chiternflyer) and I were asked to attend our flying clubs committy meeting tonight, to answer questions on the the witch craft we perform called FPV.
We were quized on video frequencies and insurance. About the new agreement from the CAA and the FPV insurance.
We explained about our equipment and that flying at the club would be carried out with all the leagal FPV gear in use, where possible.
It got a bit bogged down during all this and as you would expect there were a few of the older members that were totaly fixated on the leagal side.
Then a funny thing happened. They asked us both to be charged with looking after this branch of the hobby as it most surely grows whithin the club.
It'll be our job the educate those interested and to sign off on any model that is to be flown at the club site as a leagal and safe FPV model.

I know it's still pritty lame and far from the freedom we all crave, but baby steps are the way forward
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 03, 2011, 02:24 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Sounds like a move in the right direction mudlark so will you all be using 35 radio gear and 10mw vtx at the club and save your real Fpv planes for out on the open fields?
What was decided about 2.4 video and 2.4 rc clashes then?
I was looking for the new agreement from the CAA and the FPV insurance on Fpv Uk after the meet but could not find anything on it all the legal posts seemed to be old have you got a link what exactly has changed?

Bad lands lol you spotted the thumb

Jsxx I use the giantcod ones as well
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:47 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
FYI

Then a funny thing happened. They asked us both to be charged with looking after this branch of the hobby as it most surely grows whithin the club.
It'll be our job the educate those interested and to sign off on any model that is to be flown at the club site as a leagal and safe FPV model.

I know it's still pritty lame and far from the freedom we all crave, but baby steps are the way forward
Don't want to rain on the apparent acceptance of fpv and any move forward has got to be a good thing, but be careful what responsibility you are accepting may have got this wrong but sounds like if there IS an accident you may be the one that has to explain it.

In some ways the growth of fpv may not be a good thing, we are very much in a minority and still just below the radar but the more it catches on the more probable there will be some skilless inconsiderate numbnut who thinks he can copy say Trappy or Gabrial right out of a RTF box.

It seem we always meet them in the end see the example of hot hatches motor bikes jet skis ect ect.........opps just got injected with Victor Meldrew virus
,best go now

Regards Jeff
Upup is online now Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Nov 03, 2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:54 AM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
630 Posts
Derlin Tricopter

Hey Badlands... can you explain this?

-Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:58 AM
Electronics slayer
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Thanks for all your help guys.

After removing that burnt component (capacitor) the Tx is still dead.

As Badlands pointed out I think that the damage is more than just the burnt component.

Any ideas how I'd identify this component or go about diagnosing the fault or should I just bin it and stump up another 50 Euros and buy another?
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:06 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,610 Posts
Dont bin it - send it Angelos, he has a great track record for bringing things back to life!

Angelos - getting your pee-pee out to drive sales up is a good thing!

haha....
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:19 AM
Multi Rotors Rule ! ;-)
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2010
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
I enquired about the JetLev (water jet pack) early 2009 because my uncle had a water sports business and I thought it would be a good addition. Their exact reply:

> We offer 3 different engine types 150hp=99.000, 220hp=119.000, and 300hp=129.000

IMO they lost the plot! I can understand if the price was twice the cost of a top end jet ski but for that money they will only sell them to very few people that have more money than know what to do with it. And quite frankly there isn't much more hardware in it than a jetski has.

-Angelos
Yes, agree the prices are a little crazy. Plus I'd rather have a 100,000 euro supercar instead.

Perhaps though, now a few years on, their prices have become a little more realistic, now they have had time to come 'back down to earth' after celebrating their brand new invention, therefore you could pick them up at a more reasonable price (or wait til second hand ones come up).

I read quite recently the prices stated to "hire" one for an hour, or afternoon, were silly too!
SkyEyes is offline Find More Posts by SkyEyes