HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW View Post
Been flying FPV for the last couple of years. Live in Crowthorne, Berks. Recently stacked my favourite FPV plane and am in the process of gathering bits for a Trenerka.

Shed- you can't be far from me then?
I also travel past Stealths favoured launching field 2 to 4 times a week!

Gordon
Gordon. Based in Maidenhead, Berks. Where is Stealths launching field then?

Keith
Shed is offline Find More Posts by Shed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:56 AM
UK
Joined Feb 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandavidson99 View Post
Hi munkyboy, I wasn't even aware of the BFPVMFA. I've just looked at their site and they claim "We can provide 5 million public liability insurance cover for all of your flying, FPV or otherwise, at home or in Europe."

For 15/year, that's got to be a bargain!
Damn right! We moved the forum to a nice new server this week too, and the new website design is 90% built and will be finished and live ASAP.

We're fighting with the CAA over the legality of solo FPV as well as being involved in the new Eurocontrol SERA consultation which is the body and the airlaw rules which will supposedly take over from the CAA and their rules in 2012.

We could use your support to keep doing all of this good work.

All the best

Simon Dale
FPV-UK is offline Find More Posts by FPV-UK
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:57 AM
fpvuk.org
UK
Joined Apr 2009
147 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm also a UK FPV'er, I have a simple set up and flying an EasyStar in the Suffolk area. I'm a member of the BFPVMFA and am currently helping to revamping their website.

Cheers

Jay.
Jay28 is offline Find More Posts by Jay28
Last edited by Jay28; Jun 11, 2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:59 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,441 Posts
Near Bristol and been actively flying FPV for probably nearly 18 months now

I live in Siluria , but fly around the Wales and England quite a bit when I come back into the real world!

Mainly fly Twinstar and Tricopter FPV, but also EZstar, Funjet and the HobbyKing Funjet. The HK Funjet is my favourite of all.
Still do a bit of R/C with Extra 300 IC, Funjet and a 2m glider.
In the workshop I have a Sonic Liner, Xeno and Skywalker just waiting for some time....

www.shikra.eu for full info. I'm that sad I have a website....
(I think FPV is slowly turning me into a geek.)
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:31 AM
fpvuk.org
UK
Joined Apr 2009
147 Posts
FPV Video's Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
I just started the British FPV Flyers Group on Vimeo
Here's the link
http://www.vimeo.com/groups/47877

Join or forever be sad

Simon
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some FPV videos to embed on the BFPVMFA website, I wondered if anybody has any nice ones they don't mind being used. They need to be of a legal and sensible nature. If anybody has anything suitable either in above Vimeo group or elsewhere then please send me a PM. Authors will get credit for their video on the website.

Cheers

Jay.
Jay28 is offline Find More Posts by Jay28
Old Jun 11, 2010, 08:02 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
No I don't fly there but in Milton Keynes near Beachampton... Frank is my flying buddy who I refer to in my various adventures on my videos. I collided with him a couple of times, I keep chasing him on the videos and basically I introduced him to the FPV world. I even bought the equipment he has on his behalf from electronicarc.com .
We keep on teasing each other and being adventurous. our next project is FPV aerotow.
we are getting geared up for it

So by that I guess you are one of the two guys that fly at lunchtime near Hanslope and you have a flying wing with eagletree OSD ?
We will have to meet one day
YES! We are both talking about the same Frank! haha. Yes, it's me with the EagleTree gear. Frank was at the field today, showing us his composite glider that he plans to build for tow FPV! Sweet bit of kit! That's one BIG motor going into the front of that - but will certainly serve a purpose.

There are 3 of us now (we have an extra "convert" - plus possibly even a fourth who comes along just to spectate), at our site near MK at lunchtimes.
While it's just myself flying FPV, my 2 colleagues have today ALSO ordered video gear, so soon plan to build their own FPV platforms!

It is good to catchup with Frank and "talk FPV" haha - exchange experiences and advice. He has a decent 'arsenal' of planes too, which are great to watch flying - so he keeps us guessing. Very nice FPV setup too!

Small world! ...this thread has easily proved itself, bringing FPV TYPES together!
Who knows, yes, soon we might all have one big MK FPV party! lol
jetstreaming is offline Find More Posts by jetstreaming
Old Jun 11, 2010, 08:36 AM
NKW
Scotland
Joined Jun 2008
55 Posts
Uk fpv

Alright Chaps,

Good to see a bit of a British focus. (other than BP at the moment)

I'm not a member of any club, just a solo flyer who enjoys FPV. I've just replaced most of my gear as I lost most of my gear a few weeks back. It's all sitting somewhere in Scotland in my old, well used Twinstar II. The GPS froze first, then RC control went and did it's own thing, then the video went after the plane dipped behind some trees. I've looked for days and never found it. Oh well!

Setup No. 2 doesn't have a platform yet. I think I'll make something with a bigger belly out of foamboard and balsa. That way I can get all the gear where I want it and plenty of space between all the parts. Paul Thompson on Vimeo has done some great stuff with his foamboard planes.

Just recieved Thomas Scherrer UHF system and the Dragon Link.
(was using 2.4Ghz Spektrum, but had too many glitches when FPV)
Futaba 9ch 1024
Eagletree Logger, OSD and Eagleyes diversity
1.2Ghz Lawmate 1W TX
KX181 camera
3db rubber and 8db patch on the RX's

I need to suss out how to get the RSSI back to the OSD, so any pointers would be really helpful.

I'm interested in seeing different FPV setups. I'm always amazed at how some chaps manage to everything in an Easystar. I am hugely impressed with this one: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4883

Looking forward to seeing what develops here.

Nige
NKW is offline Find More Posts by NKW
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:01 AM
st.helens, England
Joined Jun 2005
51 Posts
Shame about your Twinstar.. Is your name and address inside it?? If it is, then judging by the recovery rate for lost FPV models on here, theres a chance you might get it back..
My Easystar is crammed full of stuff, makes me wonder how they manage to cram stuff into Multiplex Foxes?? It was hard enough converting it into normal rc.
munkyboy is offline Find More Posts by munkyboy
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
509 Posts
i would be nice to meet up with someone that might be close to lancashire to meet up i dont yet have the gear holiday coming up in august so need the funds but it is priority to get i would love to experience fpv as a passenger bit cheeky i know im even selling my traxass bandit vxl brushless car to part fund it ... sad really it 80mph rocket with lipo back on topic love the whole idea of this fpv uk good do ..
mark the shark is online now Find More Posts by mark the shark
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Coventry
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Another newbie here.

Been into RC for many years mainly trucks & buggy's. Moved into planks & heli's for the past couple of years. Complete newbie at FPV.

Just got myself a Trenerka which I am slowly building as we speak.

The basic setup will be: -

LM 2.4Ghz TX
LM RX
8db Circular Patch
RV Goggles
Futaba 9

Initially built a MPX EZG but found the cockpit too tight for comfortable placement of the kit so moved over to the Trenerka. It payload is huge!

All the best

Peter
pgrange is offline Find More Posts by pgrange
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstreaming View Post
Small world! ...this thread has easily proved itself, bringing FPV TYPES together!
Who knows, yes, soon we might all have one big MK FPV party! lol
Indeed, I will have to catch up with you guys. On thing for sure with Frank...you are never short of some entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrange View Post
Initially built a MPX EZG but found the cockpit too tight for comfortable placement of the kit so moved over to the Trenerka. It payload is huge!

Peter
Peter .... there is NO such thing a comfortable placement with FPV Good luck and have fun
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Coventry
Joined Feb 2008
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Peter .... there is NO such thing a comfortable placement with FPV Good luck and have fun
Thanks Monster! I like the vids you have made. I got a buzz from watching the snow over Milton Keynes. Excellent Stuff
pgrange is offline Find More Posts by pgrange
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:55 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
1,111 Posts
Simon (FPV-UK), do you also run the FirstPersonView uk fpv product (focused) site?

rcmonster - So true! Yet I am impressed with Franks FPV Radian setup.
It is so effortless. Frank literally launched it, then he turned to us, chatting away (as he does ) while the plane just soared around, virtually flying itself! HAHA.

It's a very stable and smooth platform. Now, one of my work colleagues who is also now getting into FPV, plans to buy the Radian, as his FPV platform too.

Compare that to my FPV Flying Wing - definately not as smooth (but I have added Gyros that help), also Im glued to the ground station screen 100% of the time, to ensure it doesnt suddenly do something random, as it requires constant power to cruise, and while it will penetrate wind nicely, it flies a good deal faster, but less stable than Franks Radian!
jetstreaming is offline Find More Posts by jetstreaming
Last edited by jetstreaming; Jun 11, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:58 AM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Just got my Pan and Tilt setup working

Pan and Tilt Demonstration (0 min 45 sec)

No headtracker as i cant afford it and i only have a jr radio which doesnt upport it
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrange View Post
Thanks Monster! I like the vids you have made. I got a buzz from watching the snow over Milton Keynes. Excellent Stuff
Thanks for the kind words Pgrange I must admit, i really enjoyed that one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstreaming View Post
Simon (FPV-UK), do you also run the FirstPersonView uk fpv product (focused) site?

rcmonster - So true! Yet I am impressed with Franks FPV Radian setup.
It is so effortless. Frank literally launched it, then he turned to us, chatting away (as he does ) while the plane just soared around, virtually flying itself! HAHA.

It's a very stable and smooth platform. Now, one of my work colleagues who is also now getting into FPV, plans to buy the Radian, as his FPV platform too.

Compare that to my FPV Flying Wing - definately not as smooth (but I have added Gyros that help), also Im glued to the ground station screen 100% of the time, to ensure it doesnt suddenly do something random, as it requires constant power to cruise, and while it will penetrate wind nicely, it flies a good deal faster, but less stable than Franks Radian!
I also have a flying wing (TELINK TEMPEST) it is smooth and stable with no gyros, but faster and hungrier and, as you say, you have to be on it all the time. With my Radian (I put Frank onto it) I often leave the transmitter on the table and have a drink whilst enjoying the scenery (i know you should not drink and fly ). It is a boring plane to fly but fantastic for FPV. mine has the blackstork OSD on it. I am building the SKYWALKER that I got from China. I just installed the head tracker on it, so that should be another fun experience
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99