HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:04 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,103 Posts
Yeah I'll be there. You know that.
Try stopping me. Not sure what force on this planet will stop me.
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
Nice location!! Your directions are a bit off - Geog not a stong point at school!!

Hopefully I'll be in UK then. Would love to come down and meet up with the guys again. Supposed to be in Canada (-30) then Mexico (+40). Unusually I would prefer to be in the UK.....
Have you won the lottery, your not known for splashing the cash you tight git

If the meet is at the end of the month I should be ok so long as it is west of Newbury, cant be arsed traveling any further
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:21 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Have you won the lottery, your not known for splashing the cash you tight git

If the meet is at the end of the month I should be ok so long as it is west of Newbury, cant be arsed traveling any further

Personally i think its yet another rouse to keep the FPV policeof Garwee's tail. 'NOT NOW KATO!'

Too far for you Simon?
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Last edited by yogz; Feb 07, 2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: forgot the punchline (in bold italics)
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:22 PM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,376 Posts
yep its west of newbury
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,377 Posts
I'm fine for Newbury Paul, about 2 hours for me, far enough to fly a toy plane with a cam attached
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:36 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
Personally i think its yet another rouse to keep the FPV of Garwee's tail. 'NOT NOW KATO!'

Too far for you Simon?
LOL

Unfortunately it's work, but I was wondering if I could squeeze the tri into the luggage. Can't afford hols since starting FPV

Been there at -30 before - so cold it burns. Can't see FPV being much fun!
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
LOL

Unfortunately it's work, but I was wondering if I could squeeze the tri into the luggage. Can't afford hols since starting FPV

Been there at -30 before - so cold it burns. Can't see FPV being much fun!
You got a goggle cable to make before you go anywhere "me old cock sparra"
Oh and the Funjet been ordered
Old Feb 07, 2011, 04:20 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
CJ
I can supply you a Stealthwing54
It has a EPP core with strategically positioned carbon reinforcement pieces.
The kit I supply will include all parts and materials you need to build a 54" bullet proof fpv flying wing. Also the Stealthwing is designed with a cavernous central electronics bay for the fpv gear your heart desires
So for the StealthWing you've got 3 choices

1)Stealthwing Bare bones
2 wing cores
2 carbon strips 
2 carbon rods
Motor plate
Motor bracket 
Correx hatch material
Filament mesh
3m90
Lam
Balsa ailerons
Heavy duty horns
Push rods
Corex wing tips
Cores strips for cable runs. 
£130+shipping

2) StealthWing Delux
all of the above but with esc, motor, servos, prop, hub, stops all made up and supplied
£270+shipping

3) StealthWing RTF
If you want to go this route we would need to talk privatly to get the specs that you want

Owen
thanks for the prices Owen. Am I right in assuming that you manufacture the stealthwing? All up for supporting British business! I'm also a HUGE fan of EPP foam. How is the wing core cut? And what's the span/top payload? I wanna strap one of these suckers on there http://www.globeflight.de/GFK-mount-...D-FPV-camera_1 under a home made clear canopy (as the polycarb gopro HD case doesn't fit in the mount. Just to keep the bugs out and smooth the airflow). All this of course is with infinite disposable income. So it may be a few weeks before I whack in the order. Gotta run it by the boss (fiancé). I'm also working on a mount that would not even need the camera to be outside of the fuse (clever stuff with mirrors so I only need tiny (light) servos to tilt the view).

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 07, 2011, 04:29 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
2,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
thanks for the prices Owen. Am I right in assuming that you manufacture the stealthwing? All up for supporting British business! I'm also a HUGE fan of EPP foam. How is the wing core cut? And what's the span/top payload? I wanna strap one of these suckers on there http://www.globeflight.de/GFK-mount-...D-FPV-camera_1 under a home made clear canopy (as the polycarb gopro HD case doesn't fit in the mount. Just to keep the bugs out and smooth the airflow). All this of course is with infinite disposable income. So it may be a few weeks before I whack in the order. Gotta run it by the boss (fiancé). I'm also working on a mount that would not even need the camera to be outside of the fuse (clever stuff with mirrors so I only need tiny (light) servos to tilt the view).

CJ
I'd be interested to see what you come up with on mirrors. I had been thinking about it too, to get the little (low res) cams out of the airflow and use front surface mirror and a pan assembly... like to see what you can achieve with a gopro!

m.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 07, 2011, 04:47 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,538 Posts
I'll post a pic tomorrow when im on the PC (not my iPhone). It's pretty simple stuff. Mount the cam facing vertically (sat on the pan servo inside the fuse). Strap to the cam (or the block of balsa it's sat on) some CF flat strips to make a square tube (effectively in wireframe) rising up. On top where it pokes out of the fuse. Stick a mirror (@45deg) on a shaft with a servo arm borked to the end of said shaft. And a servo somewhere on the framework. I was even thinking of putting a price of clear Perspex in the frame to protect the cam from anything that bounces off the mirror/stopping wing ripping into the gaping hole in the fuse. Like I say. I'll post a pic tomorrow and build it in the evening. Only drawback I can see is you'd need to flip the camera image. But software can do that for the Go pro and my FPV cam (480 line from DPCAV) has a very good OSD menu in which I can flip and mirror the image. So everything would be normal. Just a thought I'm gonna run with anyways as the fear is my inexperience will nose in the plane at somepoint and the $120 cam will go in the dirt (or the drink if the weather keeps up).

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Jul 2004
490 Posts
Paul, can you count me in...I don't fly GoPro (yet). I hope that wont count against me
Cheers.
Cadders
cadders is offline Find More Posts by cadders
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:33 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,029 Posts
no worries Cadders...

Could well be upwards of 10 Stealthwings all in one place at this rate

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Count me in if possible as well as my Dad. We don't have any FPV vehicles yet but my quadcopter is nearly there but it would be good to come along just to see how the pro's do it and if possible my dad would like to try out some goggles to see if it's worth the investment

Thanks

Brett
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
no worries Cadders...

Could well be upwards of 10 Stealthwings all in one place at this rate

Paul
Stealthwing Combat could be interesting :P
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:45 PM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,376 Posts
combat mmm 360 pan on 600tvl cam should come in handy then and she is going to be all black very stealth wont see me for ****
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick