SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2013, 01:00 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Hey.... Omegoolybird (soz if spellings wrong) are you friends with the Wherethefeckarewe tribe of pygmies who live in the savana with the tall grass or the winkywanky bird that has it's foreskin connected to it's eyelids so that when it winks it wanks and vice versa? Not heard a reference to that tune since I was Yomping with my GPMG in the RAF Regiment!

Seems like the UK FPV scene has exploded in the past few months. Seems like only three years ago there were only 20 of us ( ithink 04/12/10 was the date for FPV Freeze, and I think that was the first time we had a proper nationwide gathering....) The next meet should be huge!

Paul

P.s. do we still have links to the FPV Freeze links, iv'e lostt my bookmarks, would be ace to see the way we used to fly
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
CRASH,LAUGH,GLUE.
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Nov 2013
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
Hey.... Omegoolybird (soz if spellings wrong) are you friends with the Wherethefeckarewe tribe of pygmies who live in the savana with the tall grass or the winkywanky bird that has it's foreskin connected to it's eyelids so that when it winks it wanks and vice versa? Not heard a reference to that tune since I was Yomping with my GPMG in the RAF Regiment!

Seems like the UK FPV scene has exploded in the past few months. Seems like only three years ago there were only 20 of us ( ithink 04/12/10 was the date for FPV Freeze, and I think that was the first time we had a proper nationwide gathering....) The next meet should be huge!

Paul

P.s. do we still have links to the FPV Freeze links, iv'e lostt my bookmarks, would be ace to see the way we used to fly
HAHAHA brilliant, someone who knows the song!! Cant find a good version of it to put on the front of our vids though :-(
OMEGOOLIEBIRD is online now Find More Posts by OMEGOOLIEBIRD
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Jan 2013
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
the winkywanky bird that has it's foreskin connected to it's eyelids so that when it winks it wanks and vice versa?
I'm thoroughly confused!
ezroller is online now Find More Posts by ezroller
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Jan 2013
894 Posts
Ah I see, replied too soon!

That phantom advert is a bit meh... Less enjoy flying more share cool pictures and show off to mates on your phone.

And since when has the fpv lot ever been that attractive.. no offense guys
ezroller is online now Find More Posts by ezroller
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:53 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,391 Posts
that article on the fly away, I was interested that the caa said the plane was a uav not a model. is this because it was not flown los? does this mean if you break the rules of rc you change the kind of plane you are flying?? I would understand if, like the trappy case, it was commercial, but this is different
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:55 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,135 Posts
It looks like the weather is going to play ball this weekend... so.... DD who is flying this weekend ? I will be there both days hopefully !!!
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 14, 2013, 03:00 PM
Rsc
Uk, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2003
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post
Odd...

I Drive a Red VW T4 and i live 3 miles from Westbury White Horse
3 miles from the horse.. I live 4 miles from the horse! we should meet somewhere, somewhere where there is a big land mark where we can FPV... cant think where

Rob
Rsc is offline Find More Posts by Rsc
Old Nov 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
that article on the fly away, I was interested that the caa said the plane was a uav not a model. is this because it was not flown los? does this mean if you break the rules of rc you change the kind of plane you are flying?? I would understand if, like the trappy case, it was commercial, but this is different
Na he would still be in trouble.
He's in the most trouble for flying in a classified airspace which is illegal fpv and los
There are a few differences as to what LOS and FPV can do.
Most notably
FPVers can't fly near buildings, and can't fly within 30m of people.
So yeah, fly your 7kg turbine jet 1m away from people but if you have a video camera on your foamy, don't do it.
Uk flyer is offline Find More Posts by Uk flyer
Old Nov 14, 2013, 03:32 PM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc View Post
3 miles from the horse.. I live 4 miles from the horse! we should meet somewhere, somewhere where there is a big land mark where we can FPV... cant think where

Rob
Slightly insulted Rob I been flying on that slope with you for 10 years lol!
Last I heard gliders was out quads was in? What happened to slope junkies?

You mean fpv like this?

FPV Easy Glider Maiden (3 min 41 sec)
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Old Nov 14, 2013, 03:48 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
It looks like the weather is going to play ball this weekend... so.... DD who is flying this weekend ? I will be there both days hopefully !!!
I might actually be out this weekend, testing my mobius gimbal on my rebuilt lunar lander quad with UHF and a NAZA V2 . All the fixings showed up today so All current orders will be shipped tomorrow or saturday, PM's have been sent.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:31 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Don't think so.
Honestly the guy is not doing himself any favours; the picture the report has posted looks to have been taken from around 1000ft... Also, a plane worth 2k, video downlink, quite obviously FPV.
Ooh. LRS (long wobbly diamond antenna) an a laptop (on top of his car). Allegedly worth 2K and it flew away on it's own? really??
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:33 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk flyer View Post
Na he would still be in trouble.
He's in the most trouble for flying in a classified airspace which is illegal fpv and los
There are a few differences as to what LOS and FPV can do.
Most notably
FPVers can't fly near buildings, and can't fly within 30m of people.
So yeah, fly your 7kg turbine jet 1m away from people but if you have a video camera on your foamy, don't do it.
and that folks.. Just about sums it up!
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:50 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
I might actually be out this weekend, testing my mobius gimbal on my rebuilt lunar lander quad with UHF and a NAZA V2 . All the fixings showed up today so All current orders will be shipped tomorrow or saturday, PM's have been sent.

CJ
Christmas will be coming early.......hope I get my rig all finished before the snow.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:14 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Yep count me in.
I'll be there. Saturday and Sunday, Weather looks great.
Can't wait to get in the air
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:44 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,192 Posts
OOOOPS

Sorry

Must be the 8% Dog Bite beer Laura got me from the gas station earlier 24floz can, 1 and 1/2 pints for a 1. not bad at all.

But will be attempting to FPV tomorrw morning on the farm if weather holds
Not sure if I will try the naza quad or the Bixler 2

oh yes

Hands up who saw two Bald Eagles yesterday
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark