HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:28 PM
Registered User
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
So many interesting points raised.... Not all FPV either lol

Pasty... Youtube Ian Blackett photograpy and look forstreet legal MR2 wheelie in super slo mo... i was commentating at the time that 'sky captin' roy ashby earned his nick name!

Are many of you petrol heads? You would love my life. Well maybe not there are a lot of downsides but I build race cars/ modify calssic vw's in the week and am trackside almost every weekend March till November....

As regards me using my contacts for some kool sites. My mate on the private estate and me have been trading missed calls and answer messages all day. If it all looks good I will post a vague google for you for distance judging. Trust me on the site... Just don't want to shatter the peace of the place, you never know what could happen and I don't want to get anyone into grief.
Second option is sooo much easier as far as arrangements. I have 2 spare rooms and a lounge for 2/3 as well. The wkshop site is within 1 mile los of the bmfa site so those on 35 mhz we would have to make arrangements with... Mind you they are mainly older gentlemen and I haven't seen any action during the week for weeks. FAIR weather flyers only lol. I live next to Grove Airfield (longest grass runway back in WWII apparently and Horsa gliders flew from here for D-Day. The owner flies a spit... But not from here as there is no runway anymore!! There are plenty of bits of tarmac from the dispersals that are not accesible by vehicles still remaining. Only discoveredm them a couple of weeks ago and I've lived round here all my life! And its 300m from my front door!!

last option is possibly the most exciting full stop. Cant believe I hadn't thought about it before... Santa Pod is near Northampton, very central. The place is closed for the winter. I will have a word with the boss tomorrow - everyone was very impressed by my twinstar/ gopro flight above the track. If we can rustle up a bit of cash I might be able to get the shower block opened up along with one of the porta cabins.... And there is broadband on site and I have the wep key.... Live on Justin TV anyone lol!! Might even try to persuade my crew at zeontv to film it as a documentary........

My brain works like this occasionally. Just wish I could focus on the build lol. I'll try to get infront of the pc later and edit dome links into this post to illustrate the above....

paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:37 PM
Registered User
Bandarra's Avatar
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
So many interesting points raised.... Not all FPV either lol

Pasty... Youtube Ian Blackett photograpy and look forstreet legal MR2 wheelie in super slo mo... i was commentating at the time that 'sky captin' roy ashby earned his nick name!

Are many of you petrol heads? You would love my life. Well maybe not there are a lot of downsides but I build race cars/ modify calssic vw's in the week and am trackside almost every weekend March till November....

As regards me using my contacts for some kool sites. My mate on the private estate and me have been trading missed calls and answer messages all day. If it all looks good I will post a vague google for you for distance judging. Trust me on the site... Just don't want to shatter the peace of the place, you never know what could happen and I don't want to get anyone into grief.
Second option is sooo much easier as far as arrangements. I have 2 spare rooms and a lounge for 2/3 as well. The wkshop site is within 1 mile los of the bmfa site so those on 35 mhz we would have to make arrangements with... Mind you they are mainly older gentlemen and I haven't seen any action during the week for weeks. FAIR weather flyers only lol. I live next to Grove Airfield (longest grass runway back in WWII apparently and Horsa gliders flew from here for D-Day. The owner flies a spit... But not from here as there is no runway anymore!! There are plenty of bits of tarmac from the dispersals that are not accesible by vehicles still remaining. Only discoveredm them a couple of weeks ago and I've lived round here all my life! And its 300m from my front door!!

last option is possibly the most exciting full stop. Cant believe I hadn't thought about it before... Santa Pod is near Northampton, very central. The place is closed for the winter. I will have a word with the boss tomorrow - everyone was very impressed by my twinstar/ gopro flight above the track. If we can rustle up a bit of cash I might be able to get the shower block opened up along with one of the porta cabins.... And there is broadband on site and I have the wep key.... Live on Justin TV anyone lol!! Might even try to persuade my crew at zeontv to film it as a documentary........

My brain works like this occasionally. Just wish I could focus on the build lol. I'll try to get infront of the pc later and edit dome links into this post to illustrate the above....

paul

Very interesting stuff Paul

My project before the FPV EZ was a 16v turbo 300bhp golf mk1. My job 6 months ago was design engineer for a F1 exhaust supplier company so I guess we're pretty much on the same page eheheh.


In regards to location all of those sound awesome to me. I was quite local to oxford during my degree and 1st job, but 6 months ago came to sheffield for another job but oxford, northampton etc sounds really good, nice little drive down to a meet. Let us know how it goes
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:38 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Your a f-king star. I knew I was gonna be famous one day. Lol.
Would be a cool documantry, do it before any other country does and sells it back to the uk.

Keep us posted..........
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:40 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
I've got a rare 1984 Adams Rotrax kitcar based on a ford cortina, it's not very fast but looks awesome. The plan was to do it up, but I found fpv so much more fun
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:52 PM
SILURIA / UK
Shikra's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,439 Posts
Cool Owen- I built an Eagle ss kit car good few years back. Cortina running gear with uprated 2.0 pinto engine.
Awesome bird puller - unreal. I'm not joking when I say girls would come and knock on my door. Never gave me the time of day before. My dad would remind me of that bit, but still made the most of it.

Wife and baby forced sale.... :-(
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:03 PM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
714 Posts
Can't find any fireworks vids from you Owen?? You lettin me down dude! Lol did you get up in the end?

Bloody iPad predictive text!
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:16 PM
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
fly in at santa pod sounds good go there every year for bug jam. could we do some 1/4 mile runs see who has the fastest funjet lol Here is my pre fpv project really should get it painted and finished off over the winter.
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:52 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andology View Post
Can't find any fireworks vids from you Owen?? You lettin me down dude! Lol did you get up in the end?

Bloody iPad predictive text!
Yeah I did let the side down, rain stops play on the days fireworks were organised down my way, and other commitments arrrrh.
But the skywalkers ready for a maiden tomorrow so I'm planning a few cool night flights soon.
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:53 PM
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
1,436 Posts
Hi Guys
I've lurked around here for a bit but all this about petrol heeds brought me out from the darkness I built an original westy in the late eighties, went like the proverbial off a shovel, still miss it. Had to get rid - the wife wouldnt get in it (frightend she showed her knickers) had it for 3 or 4 years tho' just a big boys toy
Now hoping to get into FVP without spending an arm & a leg, is this any good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15CH-700MW-Wir...item2c552a5f06 I have both 2.4 and 35 mhz to play with, what do you reckon?

Cheers
Frank
frank48 is online now Find More Posts by frank48
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 06:28 PM
Registered User
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
fly in at santa pod sounds good go there every year for bug jam. could we do some 1/4 mile runs see who has the fastest funjet lol Here is my pre fpv project really should get it painted and finished off over the winter.


You are joking!! I've been to everyone except number 1, (was looking after 200 air cadets in Gibralter) I raced my turbo beetle powered dragster early 90's and I have hosted every Bug Jam since 1997.... so when we all meet up at least you will recognise my voice!

I never knew the Eagle came with ford running gear as well (VW originally) did you every have the 'door' stick on you? :-) !


Anyhow chaps.... Stealthy rang me up and we had a very productive chat. I don't want to promise the earth and fail to deliver (aside of my local sites and my gaff as a abase... thats a ok anytime) so hold fire till I get conformation.... speaking of which just so I can get some idea... how many people are interested? Another chance to flush a few more lurkers out here too...

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 06:34 PM
Registered User
Bandarra's Avatar
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Sweet, this is getting better by the hour =D

Again, want to reconfirm my intest in this and even more the further north it is eheheh. Count me in.

And with this I retread to my bed in a very good mood indeed!
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 06:53 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Funny, I was just gonna say that I wonder how many people are reading this and not writing ( ok lurking )

Nick, Nice car
Frank, hi. My dad built a Caterham super 7 many years ago. Sold it to some guy in Japan.
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2010, 06:58 PM
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
So far I can think of ( in no particular order )
you
me
fpvnick
bandarra
Magnetman
Cadders
Latin105fm
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Last edited by StealthWorkx; Nov 09, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:04 AM
Registered User
Cardiff, S. Wales, UK
Joined Apr 2009
266 Posts
Isn't it strange how certain hobbies seem to go hand in hand, petrol heads & R/C. I'm a biker along with a shed load of guys from my flying club, there's a few into their sports cars too...

I get mine on this -
Jonno271 is offline Find More Posts by Jonno271
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:07 AM
Electronics slayer
SouthPawPaul's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
You guys have got WAY too much money
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 7339 Today 07:57 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 93 May 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM