SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
so this is what the Mrs made, all ply internals with several velcro straps to fix to the TV, made out of black velvet.
Not bad for a first attempt I thought.

Attachment 5617120
looks like your wife could be in the money
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:13 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,756 Posts
My better half sewed the glove heaters into my Tx mitt the other day. I've even got two bits of elastic for the thermostat control box and another two to keep a 2200 3S in there. Stops them rattling about and stops the heaters from bending up and burning my knuckles .

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:53 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
ScoutBee, Does not get much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
you could try the Ventury by flyingwings. it seems to fly rather well
The Scout does appeal, having flown the Windrider kits before. I just get worried about cutting into the foam haha
And the venturi, a few quid more, looks more complicated to build.

Im just after something fun to FPV at the moment, because my main time flying FPV is spent doing aerial photography =/ So need something I can crank and yank without fear of folding in half =P

Even this beauty looks fun! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:40 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
The Scout does appeal, having flown the Windrider kits before. I just get worried about cutting into the foam haha
And the venturi, a few quid more, looks more complicated to build.

Im just after something fun to FPV at the moment, because my main time flying FPV is spent doing aerial photography =/ So need something I can crank and yank without fear of folding in half =P

Even this beauty looks fun! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
If you don't mind shortish flight times and you have small FPV gear id set yourself up with a V-70. Never smiled so much while flying, even LOS its fantastic. its so fast.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,445 Posts
Have been tempted with the V70

Think i'm just going to stick with the Z-84 for now, and try make it light weight

Can anyone recommend a better point and click camera that is higher resolution than the GoPro but still has a stability feature?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:14 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,424 Posts
probably not a plane you thought of but the skywalker BD-5 is now only $55 at low price RC!

Strongly thinking of buying another one, even though I haven't got the first one flying yet!

http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...l-offer-p-1556

The one I'm building is for pretending to be a pilot, it will have retracts, camera with P&T on top and a pan-only #16 camera underneath with live out on a camera switch so I can watch the gear going up and down!

If I got a second I'd do a lightweight belly landing version
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:38 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
probably not a plane you thought of but the skywalker BD-5 is now only $55 at low price RC!

I might be tempted if it was not for the cheapest shipping option being $43
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:17 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,424 Posts
$43 is "only" 28
or 41 for two delivered. Big box though, customs would likely be interested...

I dunno why this plane isn't popular. loads of space inside, very streamlined fusealge, something different. It just never caught on. There are very few YouTube vids of it flying

Mine went in nose first from about 20' up on the maiden when the dragon link locked out. Don't know what happened but it could have been interference from the cheap servos on the pan/tilt mechanism, a noisy BEC or the uncased pixim camera. Broke the PT and the nosegear steeering mechanism. HAs been cannibalised a bit, but it's definately going to be fixed one day. I have a new rule: no more planes 'till I have the current stock flying!
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,445 Posts
Might keep it on the to buy list.
Currently only got the Bixler which is waiting for the PPM Rx, Z-84 which is about to get hacked apart for FPV and the Tricopter, which is still keeping me smiling! Did a quick weight test using whatever scraps of lead I could find, and lifted 950g no problem.

So methinks it might be time to actually do some flying instead of building all the time haha
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
When we get the weather! I've been building and building as there's no chance to get out flying! On my 3rd scratch built foamie now, Preparing the fourth.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:09 AM
UK, North Down, Bangor
Joined Nov 2009
1,593 Posts
Self flying, cooporating, quad copters.

http://www.ted.com/talks/vijay_kumar...cooperate.html
venquessa is offline Find More Posts by venquessa
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:48 AM
DD FPV is where it's at
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Dec 2012
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venquessa View Post
Self flying, cooporating, quad copters.

http://www.ted.com/talks/vijay_kumar...cooperate.html
Blown away........watch all of it
Rob UK is offline Find More Posts by Rob UK
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,762 Posts
So i did some quad FPV at a local kids (empty) skate park today for the first time

I had loads of fun diving in and out of the bowl, spot landing on the table tops flying under grind rails and generally acting like a big excited kid.
Its such a shame I dot have a DVR or such to show you but the tree in the garden has stopped giving. I'll buy one at some point.

Anyway I was amazed at how this little 450 quad was able to make contact with a wall or ramp and just carry on flying. At one point i know at least two props caught the side of a ramp and after landing i found each motor only had two zip ties holding them on (rather than 4) and it still performed faultlessly.

did anyone else manage to get out in the sunshine??
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post

did anyone else manage to get out in the sunshine??
Lucky sod.
I got the Tri all setup nicely and with new body, did some slight testing and tried out my LCD hood, tried some new shots with the GoPro, then had to stop.. =[
Tomorrow be my day!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,219 Posts
Quote:
did anyone else manage to get out in the sunshine?
Not much sunshine here. It did appear briefly at about 2pm, but by the time I got the car loaded it was overcast again. - Still got a couple of flights in with the Hexa and one with the plane.

Malc
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz