Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:13 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
yup, doesn't look like much but it's light. I could put some 10x4.5 props on it instead of the 8x4.5's and I think it would be more efficient but there's about a 3mm gap between each prop then.
the beauty is in the cheapness I made an "el cheapo" Hcopter with scrap bits of wood, that, with a KK2 on board will take 2 2200mAh 3S batteries and will fly for 14 min
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:28 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Joined Aug 2011
2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
It's an extra battery to charge and means extra complications. Also at the rate I'm drawing it's likely to run down quickly.
It will last longer than you think. And the extra complications that come with regulating power AND it being CLEAN add up to charging a battery being a great solution.

Just sayin'
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:52 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
It's an extra battery to charge and means extra complications. Also at the rate I'm drawing it's likely to run down quickly.
Get all your gear running. Take any 3S lipo. Put a proper ammeter across it and see what your drawing. You can then easily figure out how long a specific battery will last.

If you need a refresher with the math. Here's the sum (not meaning to sound patronising but I need to remind myself of this stuff every now and then).

Ah / A X 60 = time in minuites.

Example: I have a 3600 Mah lipo. That's 3.6Ah.
My motor draws 70A
Times by 60 to get the answer in minuites
3.6/70X60= 3.08 mins

For smaller stuff keep the units
My lipo is a 400Mah
My video gear draws 900mA
So you'd convert them into Ah and A
0.4/0.9X60= 26.6 mins runtime.

Also factor in that you don't really want to fully discharge your lipo or the voltage will drop off and you stand to loose video. So knock off 10% (X0.9)

26.6 X0.9= 24 mins runtime .

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:24 AM
DD FPV is where it's at
Joined Dec 2012
195 Posts
Manned multi

I'm sure this must have been seen before?
Worth another watch though http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=L75ESD9PBOw
Rob UK is offline Find More Posts by Rob UK
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob UK View Post
I'm sure this must have been seen before?
Worth another watch though http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=L75ESD9PBOw
I had always wanted to design something like this I drew up plans and worked out that I needed a lot of money so I left plans in my office a year later I stumbled across that video so gave up and just brought a multirotor to better understand flight ect
The missis was happy as it would have cost thousands and taken up the whole garden
Harry200sx is offline Find More Posts by Harry200sx
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:57 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan111 View Post
Hi guys I was just running through some emails as I'm subscribe to this thread and I see that I have a few guys near by, I'm in Rainham Essex and would love to be part of the Essex meet up if it does come together, I fly multirotors FPV.
Where do you fly ?
Upup is online now Find More Posts by Upup
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:20 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Someone to print :popcorn:

Mission!

Could someone please with a printer fire one of these out for me pretty please?
Let me know how much $

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53688406/Box001.1.stl
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Feb 24, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:22 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,249 Posts
Wing Wing Z-84

Happy to report the Z-84 flies exceptionally well!

Easy hand launch, didn't set up any rates, expo, travel etc.
So very twitchy, but still manageable, bank, yank and turns on a sixpence!
Had some fun chasing seaguls XD Although most just followed!

Power off glides were fine. Had plenty of speed when cranked, although for me could be faster =D
Flown in 12mph winds with 16mpg gusts and handled really well!

Next step is to add weight equivalent of the FPV gear I will be using. If it works well, ill FPV it up =]

As the Phantom is just an enlarged copy, I think it would be ace for FPV!
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:00 AM
Snoopw111 on youtube
Joined Feb 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Where do you fly ?
Hi Upup, I fly at a couple of fields/park area just off the A13/A1306 in Rainham
this is my main flying area

Snoopw111 TESTING MY FPV Y6 WITH CARBON REINFORCE BLADES. (11 min 5 sec)

and this is a new one that I went to last week and love it

FPV, Are you brave enough snoopw111? (10 min 49 sec)

What about yourself, where do you fly?
titan111 is offline Find More Posts by titan111
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:39 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan111 View Post
Hi Upup, I fly at a couple of fields/park area just off the A13/A1306 in Rainham
this is my main flying area

http://youtu.be/_v_rk0qkBBk

and this is a new one that I went to last week and love it

http://youtu.be/nq1LR8YyexU.

What about yourself, where do you fly?
You should have no issues flying through the flood gate, just position yourself so you have a better LOS so further down the stream so you can see through the gate.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:36 PM
Snoopw111 on youtube
Joined Feb 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
You should have no issues flying through the flood gate, just position yourself so you have a better LOS so further down the stream so you can see through the gate.
Thanks for the tip will try that but the light through my FPV cam was not encouraging and I was seeing a kind of double reflection of the water
titan111 is offline Find More Posts by titan111
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
Rsc
Uk, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2003
255 Posts
Kk2

I have a problem with the KK2.. i fly along merily then it suddenly looses power.. this happens very quickly then returns. The effect is that it drops 3-5 foot depending on speed before it recovers! i have changed the receiver (dragonlink) to see if i was getting drop outs, aerials, ive chcked all the wiring, changed batteries to see if it was a dodgy one but still get it..... any ideas??

HT-FPV

regards
Rob
Rsc is offline Find More Posts by Rsc
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,694 Posts
Finally got around to making my FPV Pod V2. Less egg shaped this time and much more versatile.

200mw 5.8Ghz 3.3-5 V mini module with heatsink
Cloverleaf antenna
380mah 1S Lipo
1g 520 tvl cam with wide angle lens from FPV Hobby

Idea being with this one it slots into a plug that gets glued onto the plane using the side rails to guide it in and hold it in place. The multiplex 6 pin plug on the back has the following pins;
Ground (for cam, lipo & VTx)
Positive (3.3-5 V input for Cam & VTx)
Audio in (for VTx)
Video in (for VTx)
Video out (From Cam)
Lipo positive

So depending on the model, I can bridge the lipo and positive pins, and the video in/out pins to use it as a standalone FPV unit.

On bigger models I can use it as a spare cam (using a Video switch) and have a P&T cam on the plane also use the VTx (and a mic or telemetry data if I want). I can power it from the plane or from the internal battery which is good for about 2 and a half hours. Very sturdy. Weighing in at 40.2g. I'm happy

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:38 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc View Post
I have a problem with the KK2.. i fly along merily then it suddenly looses power.. this happens very quickly then returns. The effect is that it drops 3-5 foot depending on speed before it recovers! i have changed the receiver (dragonlink) to see if i was getting drop outs, aerials, ive chcked all the wiring, changed batteries to see if it was a dodgy one but still get it..... any ideas??

HT-FPV

regards
Rob
nope...I would check on the power supply of the KK2 (flight battery OK?). If in doubt, they are cheap enough to buy so get a second one . if the second one works then the first if faulty and it will need a hammer to end it's life if the second one behaves the same way then you have a issue with the wiring or the flight battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Finally got around to making my FPV Pod V2. Less egg shaped this time and much more versatile.

Cloverleaf antenna
380mah 1S Lipo

Idea being with this one it slots into a plug that gets glued onto the plane using the side rails to guide it in and hold it in place. The multiplex 6 pin plug on the back has the following pins;
Audio in (for VTx)
Video in (for VTx)
Video out (From Cam)
Lipo positive

So depending on the model, I can bridge the lipo and positive pins, and the video in/out pins to use it as a standalone FPV unit.

On bigger models I can use it as a spare cam (using a Video switch) and have a P&T cam on the plane also use the VTx (and a mic or telemetry data if I want). I can power it from the plane or from the internal battery which is good for about 2 and a half hours. Very sturdy. Weighing in at 40.2g. I'm happy

CJ
looking good and practical...by the way, my Coota is now FPVed with the same miniature VTX you have
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post

Cloverleaf antenna
380mah 1S Lipo

Audio in (for VTx)
Video in (for VTx)
Video out (From Cam)
Lipo positive

CJ
looks great, super simple to switch between planes too
quick question, where did you get that little 5.8ghz vtx with camera built in which you had at the last bounce? I've just finished building a micro fpv plane and it looks perfect for what I need, I tried using a 10mw 2.4ghz vtx and 35mhz radio gear but my flying field has SOOOOO much inteference on 35mhz can't get 10 meters without the radio losing signal whereas anywhere else it's absolutely fine.
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred