New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
ecreative is offline
Find More Posts by ecreative
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob UK View Post
Check this out on flea bay, unique heavy lift tri ....... item number 230930810279

I tried flew today V BLUSTERY, just flew LOS to test a friends model (newbie), good to get some thumb twiddling in nevertheless...
That is one scary looking Tri. If I saw that while I was out walking I would s*#t myself
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:28 AM
DodgeRC is offline
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,832 Posts
Anyone selling a mini/micro quad before I look at ordering one from HK,
in the 250-350mm range?
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:08 PM
ecreative is offline
Find More Posts by ecreative
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Anyone selling a mini/micro quad before I look at ordering one from HK,
in the 250-350mm range?
Nope but im looking to build one! Just noticed you're from near Conwy, i'll be up there blasting my FPV Quad next week!
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:14 PM
DodgeRC is offline
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreative View Post
Nope but im looking to build one! Just noticed you're from near Conwy, i'll be up there blasting my FPV Quad next week!
Well it was either build one, or see if ones knocking about haha

Ace! Where abouts you heading?
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 PM
ecreative is offline
Find More Posts by ecreative
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Well it was either build one, or see if ones knocking about haha

Ace! Where abouts you heading?
Yeah making one is much more fun anyway.

I'm actually off to Llandudno Junction, my family live just off a big park so i thought I'd take it up and test the FPV system as so far I haven't gone too far away.

I would love to fly round the Castle in Conwy but I imagine it wouldn't be well received lol
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:46 PM
DodgeRC is offline
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreative View Post
Yeah making one is much more fun anyway.

I'm actually off to Llandudno Junction, my family live just off a big park so i thought I'd take it up and test the FPV system as so far I haven't gone too far away.

I would love to fly round the Castle in Conwy but I imagine it wouldn't be well received lol
Ahh not too far at all then!
from what I can remember there is only really one small part that is grassy and safe to fly from (Safe being; away from public) on the South Side.
I've got a few and no-one said anything, and I was there for a good 40mins

But 5 mins drive and youre on the coast anyway,
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:20 PM
mudlark is offline
Find More Posts by mudlark
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,474 Posts
Great days flying
Gopro video in the sun was great.
Naza GPS was pants today and ended in a crash but a simple repair.
The Spide Hex qith the CC3D flew great and will now be my goto quad to take to the states next month. Time to get it FPV'd up Shame the CC3D doesn't have GPS.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:22 PM
ecreative is offline
Find More Posts by ecreative
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Ahh not too far at all then!
from what I can remember there is only really one small part that is grassy and safe to fly from (Safe being; away from public) on the South Side.
I've got a few and no-one said anything, and I was there for a good 40mins

But 5 mins drive and youre on the coast anyway,
Great Picture!
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:04 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob UK View Post
Check this out on flea bay, unique heavy lift tri ....... item number 230930810279

I tried flew today V BLUSTERY, just flew LOS to test a friends model (newbie), good to get some thumb twiddling in nevertheless...
wicked machine ...props seem small for that beast. I bet the battery life in this IS 3 min
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:25 PM
Rob UK is offline
Find More Posts by Rob UK
DD FPV is where it's at
Rob UK's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Dec 2012
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Great days flying
Gopro video in the sun was great.
Naza GPS was pants today and ended in a crash but a simple repair.
The Spide Hex qith the CC3D flew great and will now be my goto quad to take to the states next month. Time to get it FPV'd up Shame the CC3D doesn't have GPS.


Sounds like you didnt get chance to try the 1900 SW wing??
Rob UK is offline Find More Posts by Rob UK
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
ChilternFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Great days flying
Gopro video in the sun was great.
Naza GPS was pants today and ended in a crash but a simple repair.
The Spide Hex qith the CC3D flew great and will now be my goto quad to take to the states next month. Time to get it FPV'd up Shame the CC3D doesn't have GPS.
Yep! a great day's flying but two of my best flights' videos are corrupt.

I know this has been asked before:-
How do you recover a busted video off a Go Pro??
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:51 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Yep! a great day's flying but two of my best flights' videos are corrupt.

I know this has been asked before:-
How do you recover a busted video off a Go Pro??
from the manual


FilEREpAiR icon on tHE lcD
If you see the File Repair icon, your video file was corrupted during
recording for some reason. Press any button and the camera will
repair the file
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:11 PM
ezroller is offline
Find More Posts by ezroller
ezroller's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Oxfordshire
Joined Jan 2013
981 Posts
Loving the weather, having started flying in november it seems strange to be able to feel my fingers whilst flying. man I cant wait for the summer.

first FPV flights with the axn and already looking into an OSD with home direction and distance from home on it. Im staying very close in a familiar area and it still got quite confusing sometimes. just ended up following the hedgeline in circles but was great fun.

Can anyone recommend an OSD thats fits the bill on a low budget?
ezroller is offline Find More Posts by ezroller
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:32 PM
badlands is offline
Find More Posts by badlands
When in doubt, throttle out...
badlands's Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Yep! a great day's flying but two of my best flights' videos are corrupt.

I know this has been asked before:-
How do you recover a busted video off a Go Pro??
If RCM's way doesnt work try this.

Ive tried many apps that claim to recover GP files but all failed. The above method works a treat - even recovers the audio!
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:34 PM
DodgeRC is offline
Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezroller View Post
Loving the weather, having started flying in november it seems strange to be able to feel my fingers whilst flying. man I cant wait for the summer.

first FPV flights with the axn and already looking into an OSD with home direction and distance from home on it. Im staying very close in a familiar area and it still got quite confusing sometimes. just ended up following the hedgeline in circles but was great fun.

Can anyone recommend an OSD thats fits the bill on a low budget?
Yeh summers great, until you dont realise you've been stood on a nice hill, with a bit of a breeze, and forget how burnt you get! hha

I'm using the Free Bird OSD (previously pigeon OSD), I say using, its currently in a box somewhere. I fly along the beach that has 2 piers, so easy to point where I am haha. yours if you want it for a few bob?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPPO-Easy...p2047675.l2557
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 9941 Today 10:40 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 95 Oct 11, 2014 12:10 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM