HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:31 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Well I tried my IX quad thingy at Twickers this evening and a brave soul decided to fly along side me. [/url]
Ah damn, was so looking forward to a Depron Shredder Pt.2!
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:38 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,127 Posts
yep great night at Twickers.
I found a new way to crap my pants.
It's called having a drag race with Mitch and his very fast buggy and my Hex Spider.
Oh and try to film the buggy at the same time.
Drag race lasts for less than two seconds as by then you have top suddenly stop before hitting the wall at the other side.

Great fun and no crashes.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:15 AM
Registered User
Upup's Avatar
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Interested as well about this, about to invest in a new 808 cam but not sure if should go for #16 or #18
16 as the file transfer is easier via the the GUI (see tom franks threads) from what I have read the 16 seems more stable

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:30 AM
Registered User
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
16 also has a standard mini USB port, easier for cables.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:04 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,246 Posts
Awesome when having a clear up of the work bench and you find enough parts to build something =P
Just enough to build a Bi-Copter...now..where to start?!
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:19 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Awesome when having a clear up of the work bench and you find enough parts to build something =P
Just enough to build a Bi-Copter...now..where to start?!
OAT design, minimal tail section, COG an inch below the flight axis but central between rotors with no fore/aft bias. Everything else is gravy .

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Last edited by Carlos230023; Feb 03, 2013 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:23 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
OAT design, minimal tail section, COG an inch below the flight axis but central between rotors with to fore/aft bias. Everything else is gravy .

CJ
Yep been looking at the OAT designs, just searching for the layout plans =]
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:52 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Interested as well about this, about to invest in a new 808 cam but not sure if should go for #16 or #18

I though only #18 was the one with live out? I will record a #18 and a normal cam pointing at the TV for speed comparison



Chilternflyer you cost me 60 yesterday. But I have a new temperature controlled soldering iron
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:14 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Bowerz's Avatar
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
I though only #18 was the one with live out? I will record a #18 and a normal cam pointing at the TV for speed comparison



Chilternflyer you cost me 60 yesterday. But I have a new temperature controlled soldering iron
Well this is it, i know #16 is better for video cos i had one, however the possibility ogfvideo out included had me intrigued but wasn't sure about the detriment in video quality
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Well this is it, i know #16 is better for video cos i had one, however the possibility ogfvideo out included had me intrigued but wasn't sure about the detriment in video quality
I think they are the same in quality,
I will have to get a #18 ordered and run some tests =]
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
The #16 v2 has video out. It doesn't have any effect other than slightly reduced battery life.
It uses a micro USB port so making a custom video/charge lead is possible. The 18 uses a custom connector.
Also, the #16 comes with different lenses and you can get an extended one with a long ribbon.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:35 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Chilternflyer you cost me 60 yesterday. But I have a new temperature controlled soldering iron
LOL I'm glad to have helped!
Now you'll need some bits for it:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308279076...84.m1439.l2649
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:37 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
yep great night at Twickers.
I found a new way to crap my pants.
It's called having a drag race with Mitch and his very fast buggy and my Hex Spider.
Oh and try to film the buggy at the same time.
Drag race lasts for less than two seconds as by then you have top suddenly stop before hitting the wall at the other side.

Great fun and no crashes.
I thought it was fun
Top gear all over again; Scary hexacopter vs and 1/8th scale 4WD buggy. I'll put the full 4S in it next time... Then I'll have to watch out for the wall on the other side of the hall!
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:11 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,510 Posts
Picked up my GoPro3 Black today, needs an update out of the box to get the iPhone app to work. While I was at it I updated the GP2 and the hero. Bernie, the Hero is ready for you when ever you want it.

Time to strap one to the Summit and try again...
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:25 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Picked up my GoPro3 Black today, needs an update out of the box to get the iPhone app to work. While I was at it I updated the GP2 and the hero. Bernie, the Hero is ready for you when ever you want it.

Time to strap one to the Summit and try again...
me me me !! i'll have it !
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 6948 Aug 20, 2014 05:39 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 93 May 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM