HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:46 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
If your looking for a cheap option I managed to pick up an Archos 705 on eBay for just over 7 delivered.

It has a 7inch screen and for only another 18 I was able to pick up the mobile DVR station, USB charger and a 7inch sun visor.

So for a little over 25 I think I got a really good deal for a screen and DVR. Plus if I get bored I can watch a movie or TV episode.

Most of the time they sell for more on eBay, but if you wait long enough and keep following the auctions you might win one cheap with a bid within the last 5 seconds.
That looks like a very cheap way to get a DVR.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:05 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,691 Posts
I use a 12v 22" Logik, they can be had on ebay for 80ish, I fly from inside the back of my van all year round so no probs with light hitting the screen in summer.

22" Logik TV 12v Blue Screen Test FPV (2 min 9 sec)

Oh BTW nice Hex FPVNick, Im thinking about building my own larger multi this year, maybe a hex or octo. It seems every man and his dog has one now and I don't want to be left out
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
So I'm thinking my VRx to one of those Archos with the matching DVR and then into one of those polaroid 15.6 inc screens......just a thought.
to be fair i'm feeling a little swamped with possibilities at the mo.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen. View Post
I use a 12v 22" Logik, they can be had on ebay for 80ish, I fly from inside the back of my van all year round so no probs with light hitting the screen in summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkWk63rZ2Fk

Oh BTW nice Hex FPVNick, Im thinking about building my own larger multi this year, maybe a hex or octo. It seems every man and his dog has one now and I don't want to be left out
How have you found recording with the Archos? I don't care that it stops showing video when there is static, because I'm using goggles for flying. I just don't want it to stop recording.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,444 Posts
Ooo just checked my AV700, the little magic box as AV in/AVout =P gonna see how it looks on the TV after

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
How have you found recording with the Archos? I don't care that it stops showing video when there is static, because I'm using goggles for flying. I just don't want it to stop recording.
With mine it carries on recording, signal out and everything,
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:46 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,691 Posts
As you see in the video the archos 705 goes into blue screen easily however it records everything no worries, its rock solid GS recording and a decent size in emergencies if main screen goes tits up however the battery is cr@p so I power it from a lipo using a turnigy 3amp ubec. You also need a dvr adaptor, I have the travel dvr adaptor thats the small black thing directly underneath (not the box with the volt display)
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,444 Posts
Quick question,

The Archos has a resolution of 480x234 pixels, would the output match this?
Bear in the mind the AV in and AV out run through a little box first...
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
That's just the screen, not signal resolution from the cam....so as far as I know the signal remains the same.
Oh and before biding on eBay might be an idea to say if you are....wouldn't wanna bid you up.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
This is the one I plan on bidding on http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271142131819
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
This is the one I plan on bidding on http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271142131819
It took me 4 days of watching auctions to pick one up for the price I wanted. They kept going really high, but every so often one went cheap. Avoid the early models because several of them wont take SDHC cards.

I really wanted to buy an Archos 5 or 7 because they are by far the best looking DVR devices Archos made, but unfortunately the DVR dock is very pricey.

Its a real shame that few companies seem to be interested in making portable DVR's.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Jan 2013
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
exactly the one im watching! dont worry I wont be bidding on anything till payday!
ezroller is online now Find More Posts by ezroller
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:52 PM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
806 Posts
Would you believe i just blew up my tv?

Stupidly i plugged it the wrong way round, now it looks like i blew a resistor, but i just soldered on a bit of cable and the power lead gets hot in seconds! Im so mad at myself!!
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:56 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
806 Posts
I unsoldered it all and now seems to come on standby! Anyone know what the resistor is for?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:00 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,628 Posts
Does it say D106 next to it? Prolly a protection diode - seems like it did its job?

:-)
badlands is online now Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:03 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
806 Posts
D906?