HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
So the Mrs spotted the tricopter all illuminated and now I have a new winter project (well 2 week).....I have to set my little boys ikea kitchen up so that it has a lit oven and microwave and even a under shelf light.....so giant shark just got an order for LEDs and cable and just deciding if I should get a little lipo to power it or just use a 9v bat......and all for xmas day when he gets it

Attachment 5361658
Ahh! Bless.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
So the Mrs spotted the tricopter all illuminated and now I have a new winter project (well 2 week).....I have to set my little boys ikea kitchen up so that it has a lit oven and microwave and even a under shelf light.....so giant shark just got an order for LEDs and cable and just deciding if I should get a little lipo to power it or just use a 9v bat......and all for xmas day when he gets it

Attachment 5361658
you can get reels of the LEDs from ebay and lots come with a controller and mains transformer...I'd personally not let a lipo near my kids as I can't even be trusted with them myself. 9v battery might be the safest!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,637 Posts
What happens when you over discharge a 9v battery, not alot. What happens when you over discharge a lipo... I'd go 9v square cell or mains with a power brick tbh :P.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:59 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
you can get reels of the LEDs from ebay and lots come with a controller and mains transformer...I'd personally not let a lipo near my kids as I can't even be trusted with them myself. 9v battery might be the safest!
Don't feel to bad about it Mike. My brother in-law recently told me that another well known modeler also had a li-po accident and had the fire brigade in attendance.

I bought some li-po sacks after that!
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:27 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,637 Posts
Stuff lipo sacks! Old army ammo cases are the way forward :P. they're cheap too!

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:33 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,107 Posts
9v batt it is then.....just ordered all the switches etc etc....should be fun blinging it out.

And I have an ammo case for all my lipos as well.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Right, finally got some time to try and finish my skywalker and got a slight problem. I'm using the aurora 9 tx (through ezuhf) to a hornet osd and fy31ap in the plane. There is a function to change the screens in the OSD that i've put in channel 8 but it doesnt work. In the manual it says the PWM signal of the 2 way switch is 900us ~ 1200us and 1800us~2100us (the symbol is a u with a longer tail followed by an s) now i've tried every switch and dial in the aurora to no avail, and there is no mention of changing 'us' levels for the switches in the manual. I could run the OSD on the default screen which shows everything, but would rather have the option to change it. There is probably something really obvious that I've overlooked, but after hours of research, trial and error and just plain guess work I can only apologise if the answer is obvious, 'cos i'm stumped! Any advise gratefully received, really want this thing done so I can look at the multicopters that are queing up!
lewpix is offline Find More Posts by lewpix
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewpix View Post
Right, finally got some time to try and finish my skywalker and got a slight problem. I'm using the aurora 9 tx (through ezuhf) to a hornet osd and fy31ap in the plane. There is a function to change the screens in the OSD that i've put in channel 8 but it doesnt work. In the manual it says the PWM signal of the 2 way switch is 900us ~ 1200us and 1800us~2100us (the symbol is a u with a longer tail followed by an s) now i've tried every switch and dial in the aurora to no avail, and there is no mention of changing 'us' levels for the switches in the manual. I could run the OSD on the default screen which shows everything, but would rather have the option to change it. There is probably something really obvious that I've overlooked, but after hours of research, trial and error and just plain guess work I can only apologise if the answer is obvious, 'cos i'm stumped! Any advise gratefully received, really want this thing done so I can look at the multicopters that are queing up!
The microsecond ranges just relate to the full throw positions of the switches. Mid position is usually somewhere around 1500, and the upper and lower ends are 1000 / 2000 (or somewhere close). Try adjusting the travel limits (ATV's) on the channel / switch you want to use.

Malc
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:39 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/faulty-fat...item35c26ba565

Was linked on BMFA classifieds, Anyone on heres?

I know its not mine
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:45 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/faulty-fat...item35c26ba565

Was linked on BMFA classifieds, Anyone on heres?

I know its not mine
not seen it before.
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:25 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
LOL the numb skull didn't even have the sense to unplug the lipo
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Hmmm... it's channel 8 that isn't working, tried every setting before deciding to switch the leads over on the rx and when plugged in to channel 7 it works perfectly. Will try putting it back as it was but swapping the channels over in the tx programming to see if it is the tx, if that doesn't affect it will unplg the rx from the plane and try a firmware update on that, as something on immersion website mentions a problem with channel 8 and a firmware that solves it, however I put the latest version on to the rx before installing it. I think....
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Problem solved, seems immersion must have updated the firmware for the ezuhf since i started the build to solve a channel 8 problem. I had no idea there was a problem until now, PITA as it's now 3.35am but everything now works so I can stick the plane together when I get time.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:17 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
9v batt it is then.....just ordered all the switches etc etc....should be fun blinging it out.

And I have an ammo case for all my lipos as well.
sorry to flog a dead horse but I decided you should get a 12v gel cell that you can recharge and thought you should know
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:19 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Don't feel to bad about it Mike. My brother in-law recently told me that another well known modeler also had a li-po accident and had the fire brigade in attendance.

I bought some li-po sacks after that!
house is nearly fixed, may move back in next Wednesday!