HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post

Oh man don't get one of those, they are SO SLOW and boring, you'll grow out of it so fast. Seriously, get a Skywalker, you wont regret it.
Well at the moment, I just want to get some aerial shots, so got the quad set up for close ones etc.
But the 1.8 EPP was for higher shots, and some meandering FPV.

Ive still got the wing cores for something fast =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Or an easystar with a reworked Keda motor :P.

CJ

P.S. motor sold seperatly, batteries not included :P.
How much for a reworked Keda motor? And what advantage does it give? =]
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:36 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,661 Posts
Same weight as the stock motor they reccomend. 30 cheaper. More power. Works well with the stock prop. 19A @ WOT. Cruses at 1/3 throttle. Will do a belly takeoff with a 2800 3S lipo + lightweight FPV gear (I was using 5.8 gear). A good all-rounder.

Rework requires removing magnets from their rubbish glue (I had an issue with this early on) and re glue with thick cyno. Not too bad though as the upper bell housing has reciever slots for the end if each magnet, this makes spacing very easy to get right. Motor shaft needs reversing and the shaft is a VERY snug fit. Motor mount holes require filling to widen them by about 2-3mm. I also took the time to balance the bell housing while I had it off but it didn't actually need any weight removing. Oh and the motor wires need extending by about 110mm to run them down to the ESC in the fuse. Sounds alot but its quite a straightforward thing. I'd even give you a hand with the rework if you were stressing about it.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,661 Posts
Oh and it's available from giantshark for 20 or so.

CJ
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:10 AM
United Kingdom, Bradford
Joined Jul 2010
92 Posts
Surprised theirs been no discussion on here about the BBC news article this morning where they were looking to regulate UAV's on grounds of privacy. They featured a quad flying around the angel of the north. My young sons comment was are they trying to ban having fun now!
omegamanuk is offline Find More Posts by omegamanuk
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:13 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Same weight as the stock motor they reccomend. 30 cheaper. More power. Works well with the stock prop. 19A @ WOT. Cruses at 1/3 throttle. Will do a belly takeoff with a 2800 3S lipo + lightweight FPV gear (I was using 5.8 gear). A good all-rounder.

Rework requires removing magnets from their rubbish glue (I had an issue with this early on) and re glue with thick cyno. Not too bad though as the upper bell housing has reciever slots for the end if each magnet, this makes spacing very easy to get right. Motor shaft needs reversing and the shaft is a VERY snug fit. Motor mount holes require filling to widen them by about 2-3mm. I also took the time to balance the bell housing while I had it off but it didn't actually need any weight removing. Oh and the motor wires need extending by about 110mm to run them down to the ESC in the fuse. Sounds alot but its quite a straightforward thing. I'd even give you a hand with the rework if you were stressing about it.

CJ
can any motor be reworked?? and whats the gains in power over standard? and why?
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,661 Posts
The rework is just to make it work reliably and fit the airframe (hence the shaft reversing) the motor itself is more powerful than the motor that multiplex want to sell with the easystar. Any craft I have that is worth more than 300 in total equiptment or took longer than 12 hours to assemble ill always go over the motor/s. cheap magnet glue is a killer of airframes. An its such an easy thing to check/redo.

A motors base power output is dictated by the windings and magnets.

CJ
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegamanuk View Post
Surprised theirs been no discussion on here about the BBC news article this morning where they were looking to regulate UAV's on grounds of privacy. They featured a quad flying around the angel of the north. My young sons comment was are they trying to ban having fun now!
Only just seen it. All very alarmist. Would have been nice if they had actually pointed out that there are already regulations in place though!

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Only just seen it. All very alarmist. Would have been nice if they had actually pointed out that there are already regulations in place though!

Malcolm
Link??
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,175 Posts
found it by chance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20622395
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,175 Posts
but I like this one......gotta love the MET

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20287073
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
Rework requires removing magnets from their rubbish glue (I had an issue with this early on) and re glue with thick cyno....

CJ
I doubt I would be able to do all that work haha, mainly not having the tools, i already wrecked one motor because the shaft needed reversing.

If you had the time, or was willing to do it, i'd happily pay no problem.

Also saw a video of the ES2 flying on youtube, looks alot smoother than the bixler! haha
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post

Malcolm
My sentiments exactly - btw the gov debate came off the back of Dappys stunt, so we all have him to thank him for that...
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rsc
Uk, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2003
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
My sentiments exactly - btw the gov debate came off the back of Dappys stunt, so we all have him to thank him for that...
The CAA are addressing his aerial stunt... was talking to them today, and they mentioned it to me. The Good/Bad thing about Brits, is the lumbering elephant pace we sometimes travel at.... But we get there in the end
Rsc is offline Find More Posts by Rsc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,176 Posts
Bloody quadcopters and setups! Grr!
One motor doesnt spin when connected to the board....back to the drawing board...well youtube for answers =P
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
I doubt I would be able to do all that work haha, mainly not having the tools, i already wrecked one motor because the shaft needed reversing.

If you had the time, or was willing to do it, i'd happily pay no problem.

Also saw a video of the ES2 flying on youtube, looks alot smoother than the bixler! haha
Well if your up for it I can get a new motor, rework it so its running sweet. Go over the motor mount and fit the motor to the mount, and the mount to one half of the airframe, Box it all up and send it your way.

Airframe is 60, motor and glue for the rework is 20, and call it 10 for my time . If you don't have a battery to hand ive got a 2800Mah 3S going spare as well.

CJ