HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:10 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
I use xcweather and its always pretty good.
Me too and the weather doesn't look too bad this weekend, maybe rain on Saturday but dry on Sunday and the wind it no stronger than usual.
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:34 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
I'm sorta bored of loads of easy star clones and the 'SSS' is just the same but scaled up, it sort of looks like a glider but not really scale. I prefer the utility look of a plane thats designed to do a job with no care for scale planes. This is why these newer FPV planes like the Skyhunter/New Skywalker and simple wings are of interest to me.

If i go (next interview with the director is tomorrow) i'll rip all the electronics out of some of my planes and start fresh there with new foam. I figure i'll keep one or two built up here for visits home (there should be plenty).

I was hoping the Park Jet would be my 'travel plane' that i could take with me when i go visit different countries but its just too fragile. I need something robust like an EPP/laminate wing but with the size and stability of the Park Jet. My raven is just that little too big to pack. And like most wings it suffers from yaw sawing'
CORREX FUN JET
plans on here somewhere
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:54 AM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Joined Aug 2011
2,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
CORREX FUN JET
plans on here somewhere
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727654

Interesting....

Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:27 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
how about a multiplex xeno?
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
how about a multiplex xeno?
I've read a lot about them and they seem very expensive if you use the power pack and the reviews from owners aren't that great. LOVE the foldable design. The idea of the forward motor with a prop shaft is interesting but cloud be another source of vibration.

Liking that corex funjet idea, could be adapted to FPV easily with a slightly different 'fuselage' design. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:55 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
here is a pic of my old one going back a bit now didnt bother with the power pack as you say way over priced just stuck a motor and prop on the back. im sure you could make a removable centre section that just clipped on with all the fpv gear in it and then fol dit up great for travelling just a thought.
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:02 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,767 Posts
Quote:
I've read a lot about them and they seem very expensive if you use the power pack and the reviews from owners aren't that great. LOVE the foldable design. The idea of the forward motor with a prop shaft is interesting but cloud be another source of vibration.

Liking that corex funjet idea, could be adapted to FPV easily with a slightly different 'fuselage' design. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Printed fuselage? :P. The slipstream is getting one.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for a multi copter to lift a 400ish Gram camera. Flamewheel f550 seems an option, any others I should look at? I've heard the 550 is a little too flexible. Would like something that won't take too much building as I have 2 planes to build and a tbs disco to put together. The disco probably won't lift the payload I've figured, plus i find it embarrassing after seeing Trappys attitude... Second hand is ok if anyone selling, also interested in a regular quad, or to pay someone to build the one I've got as I don't have the time at the moment... All advice welcome!
lewpix is offline Find More Posts by lewpix
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:39 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,479 Posts
Quote:
.. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Mine spiralled full speed into the ground =[

Luckily it was soft marsh so just burried and bent the nose.
It's quite tough!
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:53 AM
Leicester, UK
Joined Sep 2010
106 Posts
I know a couple of you were discussing the new Venturi FPV Wing from FlyingWings.co.uk on here last week. For those that are interested please see the build log which I created along with review. Here are a couple of early test flights to wet your appetite too. Early indications are that it's a worthy contender for the Zephyr 2 at almost half the price!

Build thread and more detail can be found here:

http://mjc70.blogspot.co.uk/

A few videos too. More to follow over the coming weeks.

More Venturi FPV Testing - Leicestershire UK - GoPro Hero 2 Footage Uncut (13 min 36 sec)

More Venturi FPV Testing - Leicestershire UK - Eagle Tree OSD Footage (13 min 35 sec)

Venturi FPV launch and climb out testing LOS - GoPro Hero 2 and Eagle Tree OSD footage (2 min 6 sec)
mjc1970 is offline Find More Posts by mjc1970
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1970 View Post
I know a couple of you were discussing the new Venturi FPV Wing from FlyingWings.co.uk on here last week. For those that are interested please see the build log which I created along with review. Here are a couple of early test flights to wet your appetite too. Early indications are that it's a worthy contender for the Zephyr 2 at almost half the price!
Nice. Rob said he'd 'put one to one side' for me, I hope to go get it this week end.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:11 AM
Leicester, UK
Joined Sep 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Nice. Rob said he'd 'put one to one side' for me, I hope to go get it this week end.

Cool, good luck with the build Wayno! It will be nice to see some more pictures/videos of others!

Enjoy!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1970 View Post
Cool, good luck with the build Wayno! It will be nice to see some more pictures/videos of others!

Enjoy!
Thanks, but don't expect it built right away! May I ask what batteries you used? I was hoping to run 2x 3s 2200 as the 1400kv motor I already have will work best with 3s and a 10x6 prop. From feedback the Zepher and Stelthwing struggle to balance without 4s batteries.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,479 Posts
Now then, damaged centre section removed.

Either smaller FPV wing...or a blunt nose with custom changeable centre section similar to blunt nose =P
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
Leicester, UK
Joined Sep 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, but don't expect it built right away! May I ask what batteries you used? I was hoping to run 2x 3s 2200 as the 1400kv motor I already have will work best with 3s and a 10x6 prop. From feedback the Zepher and Stelthwing struggle to balance without 4s batteries.
I use 2 4S 2200's on mine. Have a look at the build log, it shows all the other kit I have used.