HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
So who's building one of these
USA'S new advanced uav x47b (3 min 30 sec)
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
No! don't start picking off the goo. These things are delicate. You'll only end up weakening it.
You really need to find another FPVer near you and swap bits around until you isolate the problem.

I've got an SWR meter (good for all bands from 1.2 to 5.8GHz). I could test the VTX and the antennas for you if you like.
That would be great, I have one little thing to check after reading some other threads, it's quite possible they are not on the same channels...silly I know but not sure I checked it.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Good day at the field today, cold but perfect flying weather.

RCM's reaper looked meanacing in the sky for sure!

The Skywalker flew lovely and even the FY31 worked a treat, had it in a box for ages so had to use it at some point. RTH worked repeatedly and the AHI of the OSD worked a treat. I'm confident that the Skywalker will do its job as a cloud buster. I used the 1680 wings today as I didn't get the new 1900 done in time, but I finished them this evening so next time she'll be more efficient.

The park jet was an ass to get in the air with many launch attempts buy many people throwing and on the sticks usually ending in squashed foam. Once on the air though, OMG she's fast, a bit lively on the sticks LOS but once in the goggles you can really throw her about. I think she's a bit nose heavy and just heavy in general so I'm gonna try 2s next time, with the new power train she'll still be fast. Smaller 3s needed.

The quad flew OK, about as we'll as the she did with a KK2.0 but I'm sure with some tuning this CC3D can be better. Got the camera working through the board this evening so when flying FF the camera automatically looks up, not sure if I'll lose my sense of speed though.

All this along with seeing my girls yesterday made for a great weekend
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Thanks for the invitation to land - but not worth risking it when there was a pile of cash waiting at the next landing field! Would take some explaining to the rest of the syndicate members if we had not made it there. Took a lot longer to drive home from there though.

Malc
How bigga' pile 'o' cash if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to the micro light show at the NEC on the 1st of Dec. just wondered how much a thing like that would set a man back :P.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Come on, who's gonna bite and get a Skyhunter?

Looks good but I've still got two planes to build.
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:37 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Good day at the field today, cold but perfect flying weather.

RCM's reaper looked meanacing in the sky for sure!

The Skywalker flew lovely and even the FY31 worked a treat, had it in a box for ages so had to use it at some point. RTH worked repeatedly and the AHI of the OSD worked a treat. I'm confident that the Skywalker will do its job as a cloud buster. I used the 1680 wings today as I didn't get the new 1900 done in time, but I finished them this evening so next time she'll be more efficient.

The park jet was an ass to get in the air with many launch attempts buy many people throwing and on the sticks usually ending in squashed foam. Once on the air though, OMG she's fast, a bit lively on the sticks LOS but once in the goggles you can really throw her about. I think she's a bit nose heavy and just heavy in general so I'm gonna try 2s next time, with the new power train she'll still be fast. Smaller 3s needed.

The quad flew OK, about as we'll as the she did with a KK2.0 but I'm sure with some tuning this CC3D can be better. Got the camera working through the board this evening so when flying FF the camera automatically looks up, not sure if I'll lose my sense of speed though.

All this along with seeing my girls yesterday made for a great weekend
The park jet was a bugger to launch as I had to disappear early so my legendary javelin throwing arm wasn't available to launch you into the lower stratosphere :P.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:38 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
http://www.bananahobby.com/blue-sky-...1710-prd1.html

Another EZ* ripoff?

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:43 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
No! That's horrible!

Err, on phone let me find a link...

Does this work http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767087
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
Yup :P

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Anyone wanna buy an AR Drone 2.0? Perfect condition, would make a good present for older kids who you wanna get in to quads.

Offers before it goes on eBay?

Also gonna move on my KK2.0 sold and TMF pro flight controllers, again offers before they eBay.
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Last edited by Wayno Complaino; Nov 19, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Anyone wanna buy an AR Drone 2.0? Perfect condition, would make a good present for older kids who you wanna get in to quads.

Offers before it goes on eBay?

Also gonna move on my KK2.0 and TMF pro flight controllers, again offers before they eBay.
What you after for the kk2??
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Dave has a starlight but I do have a camera that is pretty good in the dark. I was thinking of using my Go Pro (that can't see in the dark)..
Actually, an IR camera and creeping around in the dark could be quite fun.
My gopro works in the dark
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,230 Posts
Mitch KK2
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
blackbrabus's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Mitch KK2
He seems to have gone offline.....I could do with upgrading my tricopter....pm sent.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
He seems to have gone offline.....I could do with upgrading my tricopter....pm sent.
blackbrabus now owns a KK2.0
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 8742 Today 04:29 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 95 Oct 11, 2014 01:10 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 03:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 10:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM