HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I Spoke to Mr Hunter he is more that open to the idea of having a flying field in his land, he said he has plenty of fields he can offered in the area you mentioned. He said that you can either find him or his son James and you can talk...If you get lucky I might also Sign on to your membership
Thanks RCM, did you go over to see him or call him? I am back in MK now, if I have time tomorrow I will go over and see if he or his son is is at the shop. If not I'll go over during the week or Saturday. This is probably the worse time of year to start setting up a club. LOL

Where do you keep the lawn mower when it is not being used, did you have to buy it?
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Last edited by JaeDubbya; Nov 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:36 PM
Just put it on the credit card
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
OK I am back to building my Bixler 2, but I have a question. I am planning on mounting the dragonlink antenna to the tail, but it would sit about 5mm proud. My thinking is that this will create drag on one side and cause the plane to slowly turn and also reduce the efficiency of the rudder?

Or am I just over thinking it?
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Joined Aug 2011
2,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
I know the feeling. Spent most of last Sunday sorting out the engine on the microlight because it kept losing power on take off. If it is still working tomorrow, I'll be passing over your field between 12 and 1 on the way to Lincolnshire. If it isn't, I might be dropping in to make use of that magic wand

Malc
Malc do you regularly pass that way? There is a microlight that regularly passes out and back over (well, just behind) our field.
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
OK I am back to building my Bixler 2, but I have a question. I am planning on mounting the dragonlink antenna to the tail, but it would sit about 5mm proud. My thinking is that this will create drag on one side and cause the plane to slowly turn and also reduce the efficiency of the rudder?

Put an identicle piece of wire on the other side. Just not connected to anything. They'll act as turbulators :P.

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Malc do you regularly pass that way? There is a microlight that regularly passes out and back over (well, just behind) our field.
No, not often up that way. Have been past a few times on the hang glider, but not with the microlight. We have actually just sold the plane, so this is the delivery run.

Will waggle the wings as I go past, if I see anyone on the strip.

This is what it looks like:-
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:05 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,286 Posts
Quote:
Thanks RCM, did you go over to see him or call him? I am back in MK now, if I have time tomorrow I will go over and see if he or his son is is at the shop. If not I'll go over during the week or Saturday. This is probably the worse time of year to start setting up a club. LOL

Where do you keep the lawn mower when it is not being used, did you have to buy it?
we keep it in the farmer's container that he allows us to use...and yes we had to buy it. The fact is that these days we don't really need a runway only if you have wheels. Maybe you could have an old clapped out petrol mower that you can hide in a bush somewhere...

you main problem is discussing a fee with the guy (we pay 120 pcm) and finding enough people that would want to participate.
You can also mention that the BMFA insurance will also cover him if you make a club (and if you belong to the BMFA of course).
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,689 Posts
Quote:
No, not often up that way. Have been past a few times on the hang glider, but not with the microlight. We have actually just sold the plane, so this is the delivery run.

Surely that trumps FPV!

Or

You could have added servos and FPV'd it

We (or the spotters) will keep an eye and ear out for you.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:28 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,264 Posts
Well I decided to put my money where my mouth is and did the Honorable thing and ordered a
QAV500 Quad
Once it arrives I will transplant the gear off of my Crappy TBS Discovery and burn it !!!!

Well almost. I'll sell the sodding thing, why should I lose cash on it.
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,264 Posts
Actually the Disco flies well but is not good enough for video use. Too much jello
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Well I decided to put my money where my mouth is and did the Honorable thing and ordered a
QAV500 Quad
Once it arrives I will transplant the gear off of my Crappy TBS Discovery and burn it !!!!

Well almost. I'll sell the sodding thing, why should I lose cash on it.
Looks really impressive the QAV500.... and nice frame to boot!
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,689 Posts
After a very late night I've made good inroads into some of the 'half builds' I have. I'm close enough with the Skywalker that if I miss my training ride today and crack on it should be flyable by lunchtime.

Looks like I'll arrive normal time DDers

Also got the quad back ready to fly and FPV after a brain transplant and tune.

CJ: better watch out, at this rate you can have your 'most unflyable planes' award back
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,457 Posts
Quote:

Mine is just taped to the side.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:42 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,457 Posts
Quote:

That looks great fun my brother and I keep saying we're going to get one...

Great fun at twickers as usual. I don't know if I can make the next one but the FPV car challenge is on.perhaps we can race around the benches outside.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,915 Posts
Looks like a great day to test my bixler fpv setup, off to my club any moment ......but must remember I can't fly fpv at my club and need to do LOS.........unless no one is there .......then I can do what I like.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:32 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Looks like a great day to test my bixler fpv setup, off to my club any moment ......but must remember I can't fly fpv at my club and need to do LOS.........unless no one is there .......then I can do what I like.
Fancy a long drive down to the dirty dozen field?

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023