HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:28 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,693 Posts
Ill check my stock, pretty sure thats whats on my slipstream. Ill let you know when I get back tonight.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:43 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,511 Posts
Thank you
Wayno Complaino is online now Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:57 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,693 Posts
No worries. Actually I'm almost 100% confident I've got an adapter that'll fit your motor.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
IRC 5.8 600 with an IRC SPW.

It'll be fun. The old set up would only take 2s even though it was meant to be 3s. Rubbish HK ESC I think. I had to replace some bits to go 3s so I just went whole hog and got the recommended fast power set. The motor sounds mental spinning up without the prop, I'm used to low KV stuff so 3400 is damn fast!
Ah, they the kinda Boscam vtx?

Yeah the HK ESC is shite, and with 3S 800mah, I got about 3 minutes flight if that, =/
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Joined Aug 2011
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Ah, they the kinda Boscam vtx?

Yeah the HK ESC is shite, and with 3S 800mah, I got about 3 minutes flight if that, =/
IRC = ImmersionRC, they use Airwave modules and now new NexWave modules. The Boscam modules are compatible with the SkyRC/fox 5.8 stuff but not IRC AFAIK.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:49 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Joined Aug 2011
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
No worries. Actually I'm almost 100% confident I've got an adapter that'll fit your motor.

CJ
Almost 100%? Like 99% then?

I've ordered one but a loan for the weekend would mean more amusement for everyone when I crash flat out into the mud banks
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:10 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,324 Posts
Out of.interest where do you fly, I'm about 2 hours from Milton but might be worth it in the future just to say hi.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Joined Aug 2011
2,511 Posts
I mainly fly at rcmonster99's field, our club is the Dirty Dozen. As I'm sure RCM will explain membership is extremely limited due to requirements by the farmer wanting to keep usage of his field to a minimum. Guests are welcome on occasion so feel free to PM RCM and ask, it's always good to meet new people and share in our experience and knowledge.

Winter 'Bounce' anyone? Shame Flylites 'Bounce lite' didn't happen. Heated transmitter gloves at the ready!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Bugger. As usual Al's hobbies let me down again. Any DDers have a 2.3mm collet prop adapter? Else no 100mph FPV passes tomorrow
I might have what you want. I you don't find any at CJ's then come and knock at my door...

weather looks promising for tomorrow and the runway is cut althought the $%$ mower needs more work on it....
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
I am currently investigating setting up another club in MK. I have been sending letters out to farms around MK, but so far I have heard nothing back. I will soon start knocking on doors for a friendly chat. Biggest issue looking at Google satalite images is that most farms around MK grow crop and not sheep. I don't think a field of cows is any good either for obvious reasons.

If anyone is interested in helping me, please let me know. I'm sure in this economy plenty of farmers will be interested in a bit of extra income. I really want to find a site between Milton Keynes & Leighton Buzzard, so we are far from the motorway, but there is plenty of interesting things to see from the air.
I Spoke to Mr Hunter he is more that open to the idea of having a flying field in his land, he said he has plenty of fields he can offered in the area you mentioned. He said that you can either find him or his son James and you can talk...If you get lucky I might also Sign on to your membership
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Bugger. As usual Al's hobbies let me down again. Any DDers have a 2.3mm collet prop adapter? Else no 100mph FPV passes tomorrow
Wayne,
I've got on in my flight box. If you get to Twickers you can have it.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Joined Aug 2011
2,511 Posts
Thanks Mitch. I won't be able to make it down I'm afraid.

Bernie, you can save me when CJ finds out almost 100% doesn't have one

I'll be a little later to the field~1.30, gotta training ride planned for the morning, starts and finishes in Stoney so wont be far away. Hope you aren't in too much of a hurry to fly the reaper. If you need an extra pair of hands to help with the mower, just shout.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mitch. I won't be able to make it down I'm afraid.

Bernie, you can save me when CJ finds out almost 100% doesn't have one

I'll be a little later to the field~1.30, gotta training ride planned for the morning, starts and finishes in Stoney so wont be far away. Hope you aren't in too much of a hurry to fly the reaper. If you need an extra pair of hands to help with the mower, just shout.
I don't need an extra pair of hands... Just a magic wand...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I don't need an extra pair of hands... Just a magic wand...
I know the feeling. Spent most of last Sunday sorting out the engine on the microlight because it kept losing power on take off. If it is still working tomorrow, I'll be passing over your field between 12 and 1 on the way to Lincolnshire. If it isn't, I might be dropping in to make use of that magic wand

Malc
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:09 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
I know the feeling. Spent most of last Sunday sorting out the engine on the microlight because it kept losing power on take off. If it is still working tomorrow, I'll be passing over your field between 12 and 1 on the way to Lincolnshire. If it isn't, I might be dropping in to make use of that magic wand

Malc
Well the runway is
Mowed the ground hard and the surrounding grass is low. The runway is about 100x20 .