SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
Just put it on the credit card
JaeDubbya's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Wow I can't believe how busy the tread got since I went to bed last night.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 AM
Registered User
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
What about the even more fundemental rule of "don't cause harm in the first place"

Some harm cannot be adequately paid for, like I said, how can Trappy possibly pay for the damage to the FPV community when new laws get introduced ?

Will he find you a new hobby and pay for the the gear you have, will he bail each and every person out if they get arrested for flying their planes/quads

I'm not arguing about the principla nixy, I'm saying simply that he shouldn't cause harm in the first place
Yes, but the over riding point here is, he didn't cause harm. The possibility that he might cause harm is entirely subjective.

Sorry.....Going off on one hell of a tangent here but it IS relevant......
it's all about risk and the cost to minimising it (or attempting to).
It's said that nearly all western government is in severe financial problems.....Greece is near the brink of a collapse.....they're broke. WHY? because instead of accepting risk, they tried to avert it by borrowing from future generations.

I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my breath, but I thought I'd say it anyway FWIW.

Just one other thing...... I was pretty surprised at some of the very close flying to some of the farm animals on the thread earlier. I kept quiet, because no harm was done .......yes, there was risk of ripping an animals eye out due to mechanical failure and/or pilot error..... but no harm was done.
nixy is online now Find More Posts by nixy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,412 Posts
But there was harm done nixy, that's the point
The idiot flew directly alongside the Houses of Parliament and breaking the law at the same time as well as putting members of the public at risk

Put it this way...
If you have your own children who play in your street is it OK if a group of local car drivers decide to speedat at a breakneck up and down your street ?

Now imagine one day something goes wrong and the drivers go to prison, is it OK now that they are "paying" for their crime, even though a child/adult is now crippled for life or worse ?

Even if nobody got hurt at the time, it does not mean it's OK to do something
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,412 Posts
Anyway, my batteries must be charged by now
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 AM
Registered User
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
But there was harm done nixy, that's the point
The idiot flew directly alongside the Houses of Parliament and breaking the law at the same time as well as putting members of the public at risk

Put it this way...
If you have your own children who play in your street is it OK if a group of local car drivers decide to speedat at a breakneck up and down your street ?

Now imagine one day something goes wrong and the drivers go to prison, is it OK now that they are "paying" for their crime, even though a child/adult is now crippled for life or worse ?

Even if nobody got hurt at the time, it does not mean it's OK to do something
Sorry mate, but breaking law is most certainly NOT the same as causing harm.
I know most have not the time to understand, let alone accept, this fundamental, and government prefers it that way.

hey oh...
nixy is online now Find More Posts by nixy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
(the forum that Sentry had to make for you .....). .
Tee hee
Guess which of Trappy's "friends" said this about him

Quote:
there are a lot of guys who are dicks elesewhere (Trappy) but are great over here
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:59 AM
SILURIA / UK
Shikra's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
Oh go on Shikra
Your input as an experienced FPV pilot is always welcome

I'm still going to fly Llyn Brianne properly one day
Llyn Brianne - me too!! Shame its so far. its a day trip out... next summer....

trappy - Oh if I must -

Legalities aside (as "CAA info" is watching...!) its about considering the risk...
There are hundred of people in the UK capable of doing that sort of vid - many probably prepared to push well past the limits of the law - but why have they chosen not to film somewhere like that....
Common sense tells most people not to do it. For so many reasons.

Bring back the old opinionated Trappy with the cool mountain vids. Don't like the attention seeking ahole he's gradually turned into.


About TBS frames - the only good thing is plenty of space for FPV gear with the layout chosen. The rest is just hype.
If you don't want to buy his, google "reptile MWC".... for basically the same thing.
Shikra is online now Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:03 AM
I Like Popcorn
flylite's Avatar
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
Yes, but the over riding point here is, he didn't cause harm. The possibility that he might cause harm is entirely subjective.

Sorry.....Going off on one hell of a tangent here but it IS relevant......
it's all about risk and the cost to minimising it (or attempting to).
It's said that nearly all western government is in severe financial problems.....Greece is near the brink of a collapse.....they're broke. WHY? because instead of accepting risk, they tried to avert it by borrowing from future generations.

I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my breath, but I thought I'd say it anyway FWIW.

Just one other thing...... I was pretty surprised at some of the very close flying to some of the farm animals on the thread earlier. I kept quiet, because no harm was done .......yes, there was risk of ripping an animals eye out due to mechanical failure and/or pilot error..... but no harm was done.
Nixy - I'm going to say this publicly because I really think you need to step away from this. Your showing a great amount of ignorance here, people don't do these things because we have respect, we know what might happen and don't wan't to break things for others. Stating "Nothing Happened" Etc, just shows your ignorance.
I live a stones throw from all London major tourist sites - 20min and I too could be flying sorties round Big Ben Etc. but I choose not to for I have respect for the public, the laws, the community and I have self control. Even if I had a brand to do publicity stunts for I would still have this opinion.
The way your responding is VERY short sighted and making you look like someone who has no respect.
That's my twopence, nothing against you but think you may want to think things through.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:15 AM
Registered User
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Nixy - I'm going to say this publicly because I really think you need to step away from this. Your showing a great amount of ignorance here, people don't do these things because we have respect, we know what might happen and don't wan't to break things for others. Stating "Nothing Happened" Etc, just shows your ignorance.
I live a stones throw from all London major tourist sites - 20min and I too could be flying sorties round Big Ben Etc. but I choose not to for I have respect for the public, the laws, the community and I have self control. Even if I had a brand to do publicity stunts for I would still have this opinion.
The way your responding is VERY short sighted and making you look like someone who has no respect.
That's my twopence, nothing against you but think you may want to think things through.
I know. I used to think as you, then I did 'think things through'. It seems I'd have been better off not to.
I'll stop there.
nixy is online now Find More Posts by nixy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
I Like Popcorn
flylite's Avatar
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
I know. I used to think as you, then I did 'think things through'. It seems I'd have been better off not to.
I'll stop there.
I'm sorry but dropping in that line about farm animals V's our right to fly FPV around the UK (as someone's putting this in the eye of The MET, MI5, The house of parliament and house of lords, in the most sensitive areas in the world,over a sacred site (tower of london) as well are round many people at close range - and you base a part of your argument on some SHEEP! Honestly...

Edit:
You know while I'm at it... And from my tone you can guess that I'm Angry Man today...
You might know this but I spend a fair amount of time teaching kids to fly, the BIGGEST issue we face is educating this generation (In every aspect of life, not just related to this subject) is teaching them what's acceptable. The number of kids we have given rides to who ask us to go fly round those horses,people, ducks, police, cyclists, cars etc. they don't know the risks, they just want to have fun, its education and showing what could happen not what happens is the Key. In a nutshell what 'Dappy' does is not acceptable, its irresponsible and will only end in tears, maybe not for him but more worryingly for our community.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Nov 15, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:25 AM
Registered User
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
I'm sorry but dropping in that line about farm animals V's our right to fly FPV around the UK (as someone's putting this in the eye of The MET, MI5, The house of parliament and house of lords, in the most sensitive areas in the world,over a sacred site (tower of london) as well are round many people at close range - and you base a part of your argument on some SHEEP! Honestly...
.....a sacred site (tower of london)......!!

it's a building, about which some get over emotional.

Damn...I didn't stop there.
nixy is online now Find More Posts by nixy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
Llyn Brianne - me too!! Shame its so far. its a day trip out... next summer....
Well make sure to give me a shout when you're going
It'd be great to meet up and I'm not very far from there
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:34 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy View Post
Yes, but the over riding point here is, he didn't cause harm. The possibility that he might cause harm is entirely subjective.

Sorry.....Going off on one hell of a tangent here but it IS relevant......
it's all about risk and the cost to minimising it (or attempting to).
It's said that nearly all western government is in severe financial problems.....Greece is near the brink of a collapse.....they're broke. WHY? because instead of accepting risk, they tried to avert it by borrowing from future generations.

I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my breath, but I thought I'd say it anyway FWIW.

Just one other thing...... I was pretty surprised at some of the very close flying to some of the farm animals on the thread earlier. I kept quiet, because no harm was done .......yes, there was risk of ripping an animals eye out due to mechanical failure and/or pilot error..... but no harm was done.

Sure he didn't crash, but we don't know what harm he has done. Not bodily harm, but potential harm to the hobby. Maybe another black mark against amateur FPV and UAV.

If you wanted to make bad publicity for the hobby right in the face of "the authorities", I can't really think of a better way to do it than what Trappy did, short of weaponising a quad and flying it into Buckingham Palace. (No Trappy, please please don't). There's no such thing as bad publicity for him, he just sells more gear.

Trappy and some of the FPVLab guys love to come to RCG to troll and stir trouble, I'm on my second rant and he's not even here. Time for me to do some work.
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,891 Posts
Change of subject (the last one is getting boring).

Rctimer's website disappeared yesterday. Still not there even now!!
What's happening?


Has the troll gone? Can I open my eyes now?
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
I Like Popcorn
flylite's Avatar
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Change of subject (the last one is getting boring).

Rctimer's website disappeared yesterday. Still not there even now!!
What's happening?


Has the troll gone? Can I open my eyes now?
Aye eyes wide open now CF

RCTimer
My sources state that they are changing hosts.
They have some apparent issues with some legalities to sort out with a copywriter claim so the rumours go too but the site should be back up soon.

Hope that helps
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 7389 Today 03:07 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 93 May 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM