SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:18 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,182 Posts
[QUOTE=CuriousTrappy2;23272354]Of course it's about why they fail. When you know WHY they fail, you can make sure they don't fail (or if you can't make sure they don't fail you can add redundancy ...)

How's that work???????
Do you fly with a spare motor??? Spare esc??? two props glued together????
Last time I lost a prop on my quad it fell out of the sky. How do you stop yours from doing the same??
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:23 AM
Kiwi in Australia
Australia, NSW, Carlingford
Joined Mar 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousTrappy2 View Post
Again, it's a volume thing. I've had this discussion 500 times. with 20-25 people Can't remember having had one with you. So that was my "ooops, here's another one" reaction. Besides, look at the amount of positive vs. the amount of negative comments. It's a 80:1 thing, roughly (pos:neg). I've been invited to countries to film there. I've been approached on the streets, people bought my gear and were very happy with it, or they just watched my videos and thought it was amazing what we did.

Are you the elected speaker for all of the UK? Maybe we should have a vote on my Facebook channel and ask all UK followers (about 1000).
Do you think that there is a possibility that those that have the positive feedback for the greater part are not involved in the hobby and as such don't have an awareness of the risks involved? I would count myself among those that have derived enjoyment from TBS vids but that enjoyment has been tempered by a number of mitigating circumstances and a deeper understanding of what I'm seeing as I suspect is the case with the others that have raised objection.

Quote:
it's not just numbers, it's also context. NYC has been predominantoy (99%) positive. London is at about 97% but that only happened after ... surprise surprise ... context happened right in here. The press coverage has been plenty positive so far. In fact, if you search "london drone", our coverage is pretty much the only "pro-drone" results
And that's great but unfortunately the read difficulty comes from gauging the temperament of the local politicians. You are dead right that it's context, and that context is more often than not defined by the laws and the law makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappy
... or, was trying to make us look like hobbyists who don't normally do that sort of stuff. Hence the line " ... because we don't normally do that sort of stuff". Could be a mere coincidence, though. I must have been off the meds again ...
Yeah, I know you think that I am dense but even I am not falling for that especially in light of your response on Youtube. I'd love to think that you were talking in the 'greater' we, but the context for the statement doesn't back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappy
well, so far we've been faring pretty well with what we've been doing, getting positive feedback also from aviation authorities welcoming the new step to less "BVLOS" stuff.
Yeah you're kinda missing my point. You're in a pretty strong position to influence the law makers through demonstration and education. That you've been arrested 3 times suggests to me that you've been doing the opposite?
steveobhave is offline Find More Posts by steveobhave
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
You are completely right.
Small minded government types who take Trappy as the norm. Therefore we all fly over towns and cities like mad men.
Your right Mudlark but it's not just the small minded officials, there are plenty of organisations that are against FPV/UAV use, Trappy feeds them all the ammunition they need, what's more, he knows that and yet still refuses to stop doing it because if he stops he loses the adolation of his minority fanclub and those who hero worship him won't be buying his goods
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
Your right Mudlark but it's not just the small minded officials, there are plenty of organisations that are against FPV/UAV use, Trappy feeds them all the ammunition they need, what's more, he knows that and yet still refuses to stop doing it because if he stops he loses the adolation of his minority fanclub and those who hero worship him won't be buying his goods
organizations like RCGroups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveobhave View Post
Yeah you're kinda missing my point. You're in a pretty strong position to influence the law makers through demonstration and education. That you've been arrested 3 times suggests to me that you've been doing the opposite?
think ... how did I get into this position? it's surely not the proximity mountain flying I'll tell you that. we have been very vocal with our local lawmakers about FPV, and I think they're slowly starting to get it that FPV is here to stay. our primary goal is establishing a safe modus operandi for BVLOS flying and we're working hard on the technology for it. Most FPV aircraft have zero redundancy these days. our products are built with redundancy in mind. it's one of the key criteria for BVLOS operations. takes time to get there, though.

well, anyways guys, the peanut gallery just got up and is frustrated they have to go to work, whereas I get to board a plane and do stupid stuff in tropic places - albeit on my own dime this time but hey, even better, since it's non-commercial we can do it all without asking for approvals and even then, the dime I'm spending in one week was earned doing a fully authorized, fully legit, not published on youtube, 45min commercial shoot!

no worries fellas, we've been to London so that means we are very unlikely to fly there. But you keep on ranting, ok? I'd like to have something to grin about when I arrive in topic paradise
CuriousTrappy2 is offline Find More Posts by CuriousTrappy2
Last edited by CuriousTrappy2; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:30 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Thanks for proving to us all what an arrogant prick you really are.

Have fun, don't go pissing off the locals out there...
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
no worries, they invited me does that make it commercial now?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
I Like Popcorn
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
No one cares.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,467 Posts
Quote:
organizations like RCGroups?
Seems you didn't do your homework after all Trappy
No, not RCG, Im talking about groups with UK influence like the BMFA, Privacy rights groups, individuals within the CAA who are dead set against FPV
All these kind of people can take your flight and use it against our case

Quote:
think ... how did I get into this position? it's surely not the proximity mountain flying I'll tell you that.
And your point is what ?

Quote:
a fully authorized, fully legit, not published on youtube, 45min commercial shoot!
You do like to keep making that "authorised" statement, you do realise that being given permission by your mum doesn't count right ?

PS
No I don't have to get up to go to work, today I'll be flying my planes, next week I'll be in Geneva, last month Germany and all just for fun
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
..., individuals within the CAA who are dead set against FPV
people like you?

Quote:
All these kind of people can take your flight and use it against our case
they can take just about any flight done in the UK since you're not allowed to use non-certified video transmitters airborne. Thousands of videos done over UK mainland above 400 ft. 99% of the videos posted from the UK not done with a spotter, and BVLOS. I'm pretty sure my one video, which adhered to 400ft rule, BVLOS, used legal video transmitters (certified ... you got one of those?), is going to break the straw

Quote:
You do like to keep making that "authorised" statement, you do realise that being given permission by your mum doesn't count right ?
Well your mom gave me permission last night. maybe that counts? and the aviation authority in said country - oh, and the local police. Since that's required for urban shots in most countries. But what do you know, you probably never filed one of these reports

Quote:
No I don't have to get up to go to work, today I'll be flying my planes, next week I'll be in Geneva, last month Germany and all just for fun
I bow before thee Germany? Geneva? a day off flying R/C planes? what a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
No one cares.
we'll talk about that after the video comes out. LOL.
Last edited by CuriousTrappy2; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,182 Posts
[QUOTE=CuriousTrappy2;23272982]Newsflash: I wasn't in Thailand. I would have nailed that one. LOL. But in all seriousness. This was a 500g plane. RiSCyD was pushing the limits. He called me before the flight saying wind was bad, he still wanted to give it a try but he might not make it. I said he should try it, but not with the Zephyr. Well, he failed, most of the plane landed a few balconies lower, some parts made it down to the street. Big deal.

500g ???

First off that looked like a whole plane found on the ground.
It seems to have the usual two battery bays. Assuming a small 3s 3000 pack in each, that's about standard is it not. well that's 600g of batteries by my reconing plus plane.
SO people jump off the top. It don't make it right.

Your guys crashed and dropped over 1K of plane on the potential head of a kid.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
[QUOTE=mudlark;23273092]
Quote:
Newsflash: I wasn't in Thailand. I would have nailed that one. LOL. But in all seriousness. This was a 500g plane. RiSCyD was pushing the limits. He called me before the flight saying wind was bad, he still wanted to give it a try but he might not make it. I said he should try it, but not with the Zephyr. Well, he failed, most of the plane landed a few balconies lower, some parts made it down to the street. Big deal.

500g ???

First off that looked like a whole plane found on the ground.
It seems to have the usual two battery bays. Assuming a small 3s 3000 pack in each, that's about standard is it not. well that's 600g of batteries by my reconing plus plane.
SO people jump off the top. It don't make it right.

Your guys crashed and dropped over 1K of plane on the potential head of a kid.
look at the plane thrown off the balcony - see the difference? the shot of the recovered plane was actually when they got the ZI back that was stolen. ahh the joys of morons using edited footage as "evidence"

"Dexter is guilty, I saw him kill a guy on TV last night!"
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:53 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,182 Posts
Quote:
we'll talk about that after the video comes out. LOL.
no what he means is no-one who respects FPV cares.
Your getting hits from kids and sad men with no lives.
None of them give a crap about what we do or how much goes into it.
These are the same people who'll like car crashes or a monkey picking it's arse.

All the people who like your stuff are no-bodies.
Once you get the like of us on your side then you have arrived.
Get out of the towns and people and back on the hills. That's the type of stuff that earns respect.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:55 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,182 Posts
[QUOTE=CuriousTrappy2;23273111]
Quote:
look at the plane thrown off the balcony - see the difference? the shot of the recovered plane was actually when they got the ZI back that was stolen. ahh the joys of morons using edited footage as "evidence"

"Dexter is guilty, I saw him kill a guy on TV last night!"
funny
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:56 AM
I Like Popcorn
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
These are the same people who'll like car crashes or a monkey picking it's arse.

Get out of the towns and people and back on the hills. That's the type of stuff that earns respect.
Indeed.

Lets not feed the kid any more, he obviously "gets off" on all this, has an answer for everything and is 100% right about all.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
Quote:

you mean people who can't tell the difference between a 500g plane and a 1.4kg plane? people who automatically discredit others based on what they like? people who force others into certain flying areas due to either their inability to keep a plane in the air or due to their paranoid views on their own hobby? people who fly beyond the gray area but criticize others for doing so? surely, once we earn your respect, we have arrived. in the meantime, we'll congregate with the nobody's that decide which gear you fly next year. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
has an answer for everything and is 100% right about all.
+1 !
Last edited by CuriousTrappy2; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:08 AM.