HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Perfect.
Glad to be of help

- One little thing to be aware of when testing the RTH. If you enter RTH from either manual or atti mode you can take control back by simply flipping your mix switch back. If you enter it from GPS mode it will stay in RTH even after switching back the mix switch. You have to then toggle the flight mode switch to get control back.
- No big deal, but it might save a moment of panic to know this in advance...

Malc
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:18 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Cheers Malc nice one thats the job for tonight then.
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,127 Posts
I'm bricking it, will be getting my first (decent!) quad in a few days, and I have no idea what half the stuff is your talking about! haha
Will probably be using the HK control board v.30

Oh yeh, I missed out on Bounce earlier in the year, how did it go, and did the gent who organised it get the Funjet (I think it was that!)

D
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:31 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Ok having some success with the naza now. Its holding position in atti mode. I had to recalibrate the IMU this sorted the left drift also recalibrate the esc again all the motors now spin up at the same time in the recommended setting I think both of these have stopped the tipping over issue I was having last night. Also upped the gains it feels much more dialled in and less spongy to fly. balancing the blades has helped a lot should of done that before really. Just got back from trying the GPS hold mode in the field and it worked a treat and locked on to sats really fast. Just need to test the failsafe return to home now then I can fit fpv gear. Any advice on testing the failsafe for the first time should I set it to the three position switch and lose manual mode rather than just turning off the TX?
Cheers
Nick

https://vimeo.com/52332933
I fly my quads on spektrum gear. I'd never choose to switch off the TX
I used the gear switch to add a small offset into the control channel. This means that my three position control switch gives me manual/atti/GPS and flicking the gear switch offsets the control channel so that it goes into fail safe in any flight mode.
I also fly on the 9 channel Orange RXs because I can preset the fail safe positions (unlike a 6 channel spektrum).
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:41 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
First field test for my Fatshark Attitudes. Unfortunately it seems I might need to mod them a little bit, because I don't think the IPD is quite right for me even on the max setting.

Anyone fancy helping me to sort the problem I have with jello? I have balanced all my blades as much as I can. I have also balanced the DJI motors and have the gopro sitting on moongel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWG9VGpiY2w
Mudlark found this:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sorbothane...item4602d12df9

I was a bit sceptical but I bought some and eliminated my jello problem completely.
That said your Moongel solution looks like it should have worked.

Mitch.
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:54 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Mudlark found this:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sorbothane...item4602d12df9

I was a bit sceptical but I bought some and eliminated my jello problem completely.
That said your Moongel solution looks like it should have worked.

Mitch.
yep seems to work well but not been able to test in direct sunlight.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
here's my RTH video from earlier this year. Three perfect tests. You will notice the small dirt patch that is visible in all three landings proving that it is fairly accurate.
You can also see that as flies back and gets to the home position it usually flies over that spot and then reverse back a bit. That seems to be normal
Naza GPS RTH first tests (9 min 34 sec)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:15 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
where is this isn't
naza issue (4 min 53 sec)

I have not had a repeat of this incident but just goes to show you can never trust a machine.

I've also had a few times when the RTH has kicked in. Usually when I'm very low and about 1/2k from home. Shouldn't be caused by RX loss as I use DL.
But yes if in GPS mode just flick it to atti and back again and it seems to come out of RTH.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:00 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
here's my RTH video from earlier this year. Three perfect tests. You will notice the small dirt patch that is visible in all three landings proving that it is fairly accurate.
You can also see that as flies back and gets to the home position it usually flies over that spot and then reverse back a bit. That seems to be normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-7uU-XChQ
Dave,
so how do you tell it where home position is? is it just the point it sees once it has enough sats.

Also can someone explain in English (as opposed to Chinglish) how the 2 intelegent modes work.

tartar
o
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,168 Posts
next question for Dave...
did you fly the bixler yet?
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:42 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Dave,
so how do you tell it where home position is? is it just the point it sees once it has enough sats.

Also can someone explain in English (as opposed to Chinglish) how the 2 intelegent modes work.

tartar
o
Right, once the GPS starts flashing green it is locked for home plus about four or five feet in front usually
Intelligent modes????
I don't use it. I use immediate. I recon that I should be the one to decide what the motors do.
But saying that I have not looked into it in detail as I didn't fully understand what it all meant, should look into it.
The other thing, thinking about it, as mine isn't in intelligent mode I have had a couple of incidents where I have landed out upside down, some might call that a crash.
When I got there to recover it I would find it making a horrible noise and one of the motors trying to run up but not full power. One prop even unscrewed.
Motor was super hot but still worked.
So I would say not to take too much time getting to your machine.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:42 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
next question for Dave...
did you fly the bixler yet?
question number two

No
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:49 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
I have just run out of time.
Got to pack tomorrow but hoping to do some disco flying tomorrow morning
Wings are wired, even have some strobes fitted along with the flaps.
Used a couple of the six pin mpx plugs.
Need to see CJ and pick up my pink box so I can figure out where to fit it.
Also fitted the ali motor mount mod kit so I can fit a decent bigger motor. Saying that it's only a 2217 1500kva 250w job from giantshark.
Cutting a hatch in the fuz under the wing is a great help. Also getting rid of those stupid plastic tubes adds loads of space.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:51 AM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
[...]Oh yeh, I missed out on Bounce earlier in the year, how did it go, and did the gent who organised it get the Funjet (I think it was that!)
Although we didn't bounce this year the meet went very well and I believe everyone enjoyed it... even those who didn't get to fly too much (Mike!). I put some videos and photos on this thread: http://www.fpvhub.com/?topic=6414.0

Thank you for the funjet although it was not really necessary. I enjoyed the meet as much as every one else plus my efforts to arrange the use of the field were far less than Wayne's, Mike's, Chris' and others that brought the gazebos and equipment.

FPV Bounce 2013

I have been meaning to mention it but never got around to it... How does 25/26 May sound? It is again full moon... not that we got to see it last time! Owen, can you create a voting page like you did last time?

Cheers,
Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
Although we didn't bounce this year the meet went very well and I believe everyone enjoyed it... even those who didn't get to fly too much (Mike!). I put some videos and photos on this thread: http://www.fpvhub.com/?topic=6414.0

Thank you for the funjet although it was not really necessary. I enjoyed the meet as much as every one else plus my efforts to arrange the use of the field were far less than Wayne's, Mike's, Chris' and others that brought the gazebos and equipment.

FPV Bounce 2013

I have been meaning to mention it but never got around to it... How does 25/26 May sound? It is again full moon... not that we got to see it last time! Owen, can you create a voting page like you did last time?

Cheers,
Angelos

Dates now in outlook
Cant wait for the next one.

But in the mean time would love to came visit and learn the art of night flying.
Skywalker and starlight camera waiting for some action.