HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
Seafax ROV
United Kingdom, Barrow-in-Furness
Joined Feb 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Walney, I think they changed the name so the Insurance side of FPVUK is distanced from it (so I believe, could be wrong)
As for signing everyone up for new accounts, I'm at a bit of a loss here, I wasn't signed up for any new account, I just signed in with my old username and password and was in
Cheers mate and this reply is not meant to sound in anyway shape or form, arsey
Thanks
Simon
My problem lies with the fact that it's not the first time that big chief running off at the gob Simon Dale has taken the FPVUK membership list details and used them on a domain which has nothing whatsoever to do with FPVUK. I signed up for FPVUK membership - not membership of the Simon Dale fan club - the membership of which is deminished and discredited with every new stunt he pulls.

Col.
WalneyCol is online now Find More Posts by WalneyCol
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Wayne
Not coming to Twickers???
No not this week I'm afraid.
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:05 AM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post
Col.
''The shop is already totally separate:

Shop is Bensen Parnall Ltd, 87 Church Road, Hove, BN3 2BB at www.firstpersonview.co.uk - bank account in the name of Bensen Parnall Ltd
FPV UK is FPV UK, 3 Lynton Court, 40 St Aubyns, Hove, BN3 2TD at www.fpvuk.org - bank account in the name of FPV UK.

www.firstpersonview.co.uk does advertise on www.fpvuk.org/forum in the same way that it advertises on www.fpv-community.com and other places. It is in no way linked.

I have been saying that the forum needs to separate from the association for a while and this is why I moved it to www.fpvtalk.co.uk on one occasion. Although people objected to that and I had to put it back. Perhaps now is the time to do it again permanently.''

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....24-FPVUK/page2

Not poop stiring, but could have something to do with it?
BenLimeClouds is online now Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
United Kingdom, South York
Joined Aug 2002
256 Posts
This is going to do our FPV cause in the UK a load of good.... NOT

Just come across this stunt pulled off by Trappy and team black sheep in London.

"I didnt know Big Ben was part of your parliament!, we dont normally do that sort of thing " or flying over a royal park was a bad thing.

He's broken all the rules of flying over people, flying up against high security buildings.

Cheer Trappy, you've done once again the whole hobby a massive favour. NOT

Any idiot can pull these stunts off, your not cutting edge your just the first idiot to actually do it

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...l-pirker-video

himagain is offline Find More Posts by himagain
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
It's the angle I cut the foam, the camera is dead straight. I didn't want down on this one, it rolls so well on its axis i wanted the camera to show it too.

I did think about a face on the antenna, but then I have no interest in scale so why bother.

Can't wait to fly it. Sat would be preferable for me, any other DD members gonna join me?
Saturday looks like the best day this weekend. I need to work on the mower...I need to take the cutting deck home where I have access to all my tools powered or not and fix it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Alas, I'm reserved and determined to finish designing the arrow. At least enough of it to do a test print. You headed down to twickers this weekend per chance?

And you put goggles and a scarf on it for the comedy factor, not to make an FPV plane look scale...that's what my reaper dome P&T is for :P (progress RCM?).

CJ
It's been a heavy week for me and no time on the plane I finished all the RC wiring, now I need to install the power section and the video transmitter. unfortunately I will have to work on the mower as a priority, the grass is growing fast !!
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Saturday looks like the best day this weekend. I need to work on the mower...I need to take the cutting deck home where I have access to all my tools powered or not and fix it...

It's been a heavy week for me and no time on the plane I finished all the RC wiring, now I need to install the power section and the video transmitter. unfortunately I will have to work on the mower as a priority, the grass is growing fast !!
I would sack the sheep
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by himagain View Post
Just come across this stunt pulled off by Trappy and team black sheep in London.

"I didnt know Big Ben was part of your parliament!, we dont normally do that sort of thing " or flying over a royal park was a bad thing.

He's broken all the rules of flying over people, flying up against high security buildings.

Any idiot can pull these stunts off, your not cutting edge your just the first idiot to actually do it

Yep I agree

I love his videos, but it hurts our cause.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Now this looks fun
ottos super people & a witch (3 min 51 sec)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Yep I agree

I love his videos, but it hurts our cause.
had to be him !!! Mr Big head!!NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in their sane mind in the UK would pull such a stunt ..this is an almost written guarantee to get a gun pointed at your head by the police whilst they ask you politely to land your quad.

this proves he might be clever but he is not smart and he doesn't live in the real world !!! Twt !!
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by himagain View Post

I love my TBS discovery but I feel ashamed to be associated with a cupid stunt like that.
I hope the CAA realise that the UK flyers DO NOT CONDONE this sort of flying and that Trappy is Austrian.

Not funny and very uncool my friend.
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
A little history..

trappy did ace mountain vids. He was a tad gobby on the forums, but people in the main let it go for what he was achieving.

Then a Yank (that I shall not name) started having a pop and saying 'thats all well and good up there with no buildings and general airwave congestion, you could never fly that far away here in New York.....' And it got nasty, all right here on RCG.

So trappy went there and made THAT film. And it only went viral because said yank still wouldn't let it drop, others got involved so trappy and his mates sent links to ALL the worlds broadcasters... blah blah blah.

I used to back 'his side', and converse with him. That stopped a long time ago - didn't help that he dissed me on one of TBS's threads... sure he could do some clever stuff, and distance stuff. But he couldn't touch me on the night flying and rather than just compliment my achievement went nuts at me.

If I saw him and his kit here in the UK - Unless it was off in the country, like where WE all fly so as not to cause any harm to anybody/property or the hobby I think I might accidentally trip over his gear with my size tens,

You only have to look at his smug grin, his terms of phrase. Lost all sense of common sense in the process of becoming the 'international star 'the dillusional fella thinks he is.

I said early last year that we should hold an FPV meet in his home town. And make sure we fly as distrespectfully as he does when he 'visits' cites around the world...

Grrr

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,440 Posts
Unfortunately he's become a bit up himself since getting such exposure. You can see it in the interviews too. Real shame - he was a great guy in the early days of FPV. Seems to have turned him into a bit of a nob.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
Here you go mudlark and mike, and anyone else who may want one :P. the Turnigy 9X Dragonlink V2 module adapter, in Black!

Name: IMG_2732.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 160.3 KB
Description: Name: IMG_2733.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 165.4 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_2734.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 146.1 KB
Description: Name: IMG_2735.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 157.3 KB
Description:

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Here you go mudlark and mike, and anyone else who may want one :P. the Turnigy 9X Dragonlink V2 module adapter, in Black!

Attachment 5259256Attachment 5259257

Attachment 5259258Attachment 5259259

CJ
sweeeet
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:34 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Guys, A friend just called me about Trappy's BS as we got moved on from Battersea park yesterday and almost lost our quads and kit.
I'm F*&k1nG Livid!!!
He's F*&ed it all for us here under the Met now.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite