HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Nick Malcolm's right. Motors do spin up on start but I assumed that they kept going. More info.
Just edited my comments to try and make it clearer.

Malc
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:31 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Cheers guys ok that makes more sence on my multi wii I configured the code so the motors don't spin when armed sounds like dji do things a little differently by configering the motor bar I can get all to spin up slowly.

I'm kind of thinking that windows 7 is doing something strange like trying to keep installing a driver or something and this cuts the link. I'll try manually reinstalling the USB driver again see if that helps.

I'll pop along on saterday dave thanks for the offer will bring laptop with me. It will be good to cach up with you guys again.

Who else is Comming along ? Mike James Wayne cj?

Cheers
Nick
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Cheers guys ok that makes more sence on my multi wii I configured the code so the motors don't spin when armed sounds like dji do things a little differently by configering the motor bar I can get all to spin up slowly.

I'm kind of thinking that windows 7 is doing something strange like trying to keep installing a driver or something and this cuts the link. I'll try manually reinstalling the USB driver again see if that helps.

I'll pop along on saterday dave thanks for the offer will bring laptop with me. It will be good to cach up with you guys again.

Who else is Comming along ? Mike James Wayne cj?

Cheers
Nick
I'll bring my lead and laptop.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Cheers dave may not be needed! Seem to have sorted it for some reason when the gimbal servos are connected it freeks something out in the naza and the link gose intermittent. Remove the gimbal servo leads and it has a solid connection. Just going through checking out the settings from last night I think it's more or less ready apart from autopilot settings.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,613 Posts
Hello UK FPV, just introducing myself to the FPV thread, looking to get myself an FPV set up added to my easy glider and do some FPV!
What set ups are you guys using and are they any good?
Cheers,
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Hello UK FPV, just introducing myself to the FPV thread, looking to get myself an FPV set up added to my easy glider and do some FPV!
What set ups are you guys using and are they any good?
Cheers,
I would talk to Simon at firstpersonview.co.uk
He will provide an insurance scheme suited for FPV and all the equipment you might need.
A good start would be the fatshark Dominators with a 600mW transmitter. quick dirty and good
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,999 Posts
wow

Hunter-Killer aerial Terminator, flying RC Model (2 min 3 sec)
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Cheers dave may not be needed! Seem to have sorted it for some reason when the gimbal servos are connected it freeks something out in the naza and the link gose intermittent. Remove the gimbal servo leads and it has a solid connection. Just going through checking out the settings from last night I think it's more or less ready apart from autopilot settings.
Still some thing wrong there.
At some stage you'll have to have the gimbal servos connect so that you can adjust them.
I'll bring my laptop and lead any way
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
783 Posts
Just ordered myself a EzUHF kit from Simon Dale! :-)
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Ok cheers the gimbal dose work but as you say would be better fine tuning it with them
Pluged in .
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Now this is what I need

Jeff
Man that thing is tough. Couldn't believe it when he started kicking it, the Mrs thought I was mad sitting chuckling to myself the only thing that could have made it any funnier is if he fell flat on his arse
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Man that thing is tough. Couldn't believe it when he started kicking it, the Mrs thought I was mad sitting chuckling to myself the only thing that could have made it any funnier is if he fell flat on his arse
Yeah - rubbish pilot though. How many time did he miss that polystyrene target? I can hit things with my quad without even trying

Talking of which, does anybody have an excess stock of ccw 0845 props ? (the 8A type from here: http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-084...-p-406231.html

For some reason I always seem to break this prop and leave the cw props intact. They are dirt cheap, but it pains me to have an 8:1 ratio in my spares box! - Would love to swap 4 or 5 ccw props with anyone who habitually breaks the cw (8B) version ..

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Yeah - rubbish pilot though. How many time did he miss that polystyrene target? I can hit things with my quad without even trying

Talking of which, does anybody have an excess stock of ccw 0845 props ? (the 8A type from here: http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-084...-p-406231.html

For some reason I always seem to break this prop and leave the cw props intact. They are dirt cheap, but it pains me to have an 8:1 ratio in my spares box! - Would love to swap 4 or 5 ccw props with anyone who habitually breaks the cw (8B) version ..

Malcolm
I'll have a look but I'm now using BEVRC carbon ones. A hell of a lot more money but last alot longer. But not if you crash a lot. In fact I put an old set on my TBS Disco and had a great first test flight. It wasn't till a few days later when I noticed one of the blades was drooping. Had a closer look at it and I was amazed to see that it was cracked though at the hub. It took a load of effort to manage to snap it off. In hindsight I should of wicked in a load of thin CA. I'm sure it would of been fine.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:56 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post

Malcolm
i'll check the stores when i get home
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Are you using cheap digital servos (Corona's or HK types) ??
If so I'm wondering if they are taking out the power supply.
The only reason I say this is it has happened to me and it made my DOSD go mad.
ChilternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer