HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
Anyone watching the plane crash program on channel 4? There was a quad on there for a bit
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Anyone watching the plane crash program on channel 4? There was a quad on there for a bit
Unfortunately I had to interrupt the viewing because I had to drive the useless error of nature of a stepson to the fing bus station.
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Can't believe they went to all that effort, then tried to control it with a 2.4GHz transmitter from inside the chase plane with no external antenna!

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
Just put it on the credit card
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
TBH these HD goggles that are being released are all a bit pointless, especially the horrendously priced new cinemizers. we can only downlink a standard AV signal. so even if the goggles are full HD it won't make a blind bit of difference. So far as I can remember the biggest signal you can send down a single AV cable is 800X600 (so you may as well use some head plays or bogo standard Fatsharks).

CJ
Hey CJ, the Fatshark Attitude HD is not actually HD it is 800x600. While not actual HD Greg has been saying very good things about them. Really it comes down to price, if the Attitude HD is too expensive then you might as well just go for the Attitude SD like Neil and I.

The advantage of Cinemizers is while they are so overpriced for FPV use, it does allow you to watch full HD films from your iPad / iPhone etc. If I had a long commute on the train everyday, I'd probably buy a pair and catch up on all my TV programs.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
A fair set of points, but I still stand that the money they want for those cinimizers will kill them off.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,183 Posts
I like my cinemizers but if they went wrong I don't think i'd shell out that amount for the new version
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
hopefully the release of the OLEDs will mean a bunch of the old ones going cheap on eBay for cheapskates like me
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,183 Posts
Couple of slight wrinkles with this Saturday indoor flying for me. Got back yesterday still awake. Got nothing ready to fly and also got to Guildford to take my boy for a look at Surrey uni. Should be back in time to at least have a coffee and watch the crashes
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:16 PM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,183 Posts
CJ
Did you get time to do us a pink DOSD box?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:51 AM
nr Flitwick Beds UK
Joined Feb 2005
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Can't believe they went to all that effort, then tried to control it with a 2.4GHz transmitter from inside the chase plane with no external antenna!

Malcolm
yes, very strange.

I think they said the range was only 50 meters!!? ........... perhaps they couldn't run to the $53 of a 9X turnigy with a 2km range.

Actually there were a few other odd points..... a 337 struggling to keep up with a fully flapped 727? ..... odd.
nixy is offline Find More Posts by nixy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:55 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Was a really interesting program i have to say too. Quad was cool too. wouldnt mind one of them lol. Bit out of my leauge i think lol.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:09 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
CJ
Did you get time to do us a pink DOSD box?
I can do you some pink cases with mikes permission (as hes the official reseller for the DOSD case, they're now up on his site ). He is selling the white version.

Regarding the P&T units. And anything else anyone might need.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749857

A shiney new thread for requests and discussion of 3D printed components as it was getting a bit spread out between the other threads. All requests are welcome. For example. My globalhawk has the most rediculous landing gear setup ever. A tricycle setup, with the main gear forward of the COG. So I'm designing a new set of gear that include wheel pants in the triangular struts that plug into the same landing gear hole in the wing, but reach far behind the COG to keep the globalhawks buttocks off the grass on takeoff.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:24 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Was a really interesting program i have to say too. Quad was cool too. wouldnt mind one of them lol. Bit out of my leauge i think lol.
yes but what a bunch of woosses !!! standing 5Km away from the crash site, running with full sirens blasting (in the middle of the desert ) only to stop and deploy a drone because it is too dangerous. The guy with the 2 radios in his hands with "commander" written on the cap over-dramatizing things! what a clown !! yeah the little hobbyshack park flyer radio was a joke, no wonder they were scared for their safety...and missing the "runway" by 200m !! I bet the guys that prepared it were cheesed off
It was funny that the engines were still running after the dust settled, that plane refused to die !
very interesting program I must say but I was amazed at the weak links of the execution of the experiment.

And as for Big Flo...
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:56 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post

Malcolm
I was thinking the exact same thing, a couple of external receivers on the plane and they would have got a mile distance, not 50m!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:24 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,958 Posts
Kk2 problems

Hi all I need some advice regarding my KK2 board

M1 was connected and powered but on plugging in the lipo my esc on my quad will not "connect and lock" they just keep beeping about three times a second

If I then press menu on the kk2 the beeping slows to about once a second the rx led flashes rapidly I have re bound the rx several times

The KK2 screen reciever test showed 0 to 98 0n throttle my end points on the DX6i are 0 -100

To see if it was a calibration problem I calibrated the ecs individually, just via the RX, then I reconnected through the KK2 and used the two buttons to calibrate the ESC then the screen went blank still lit up but that is it

The board now does not make any sound when the button are pushed and no writing on the screen

I have tried the reset in Q#12 of the KK2 thread is there another way to reset the board ?

I am very disappointed in this board ( just my luck) can anyone offer advice on how to get the screen back and any ideas what may have caused the rapid beeping

[I]
dx61
18 amp hk ss esc

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:34 AM.