HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:49 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Last night I attempted to fit the little 200mw 5.8ghz Tx to my printed quadcopter. Quite a simple operation or do I thought. 5v power from a bec. Video in from the cam and HK super simple OSD. Ground in and out for the cam and OSD. Directly solder to a cloverleaf antenna and jobs a good'n. Never had issues with the same Tx from FPVHobby. Fitted both of the ones I got from foxtech. Grainy picture on the wrong channels. Shockingly bad. As luck would have it I still had a FPVHobby Tx. When I got it I noticed the antenna that comes with the foxtech one was twice the length. It never set off any alarm bells before but I now think that they are 2.4ghz! Anyone fancy some 200mw 2.4 ghz mini VTx's? No good to me.

CJ

P.S. this is the one,

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tx5823-200...ers-p-272.html
Hey Carlos - I take it that you know that is the 3.3v version and not 5v?

- I have had two lots of these from Foxtech so far. Have not tried the most recent one yet, but they all have the same aerial length and are clearly marked on the pcb as Tx5823-101016

Hope that helps,

Malcolm
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:20 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
- You have probably already done it, but if not, try some different channel settings. If you are close, the adjacent channels can pick up the signal, but this rapidly deteriorates as you get a bit of distance.

Malcolm
I had that exactly happen to me last week there was something shiny above the clouds? and it made it difficult to see the led channel number
I accidently set it to channel 3 (bob fox 1.2 system) on the rx and 9 on the tx perfectly good picture until I got about 100 yards out then "oh sh@@"

Regards Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:03 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Hey Carlos - I take it that you know that is the 3.3v version and not 5v?

- I have had two lots of these from Foxtech so far. Have not tried the most recent one yet, but they all have the same aerial length and are clearly marked on the pcb as Tx5823-101016

Hope that helps,

Malcolm
Yeah. I had 2 diodes in there to step the bec down to about 3.2v. I think their just screwed tbh.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:33 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Cheers Berni
I spent nearly an hour looking for your VTX in and around the area of the car park and the pits...nothing found...Sorry
Mar and I were the last ones to leave the field and no one else reported a loose item on the grass except my fatshark batteries, so i don't think anyone else found it either.
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
We'll find it in a few months. I found the nose leg of my thunder tiger T2000 that fell off on take off 5 months prior while looking for someones plane. Not a case of "if" more "when" it'll show up :P. sure it didn't fall off in the boo of the car etc...?

CJ
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
um, yea, I can make that crash
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
I have a 9" groupner prop and spinner out there somewhere if anyone finds it...
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,230 Posts
Thanks for looking.
Yep in about a month or so it'll turn up.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
RCM, what is the length of the strip? I'm working on a little project that may help our members...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:59 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
RCM, what is the length of the strip? I'm working on a little project that may help our members...
i never really measured it but is not far off being 100mx20
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,751 Posts
Use google earth to measure it. The gate is a standard width (8ft?) so you should be able to use that to figure it out to the nearest foot. Wanna fill us in before the JCB's get there? Lol.

CJ
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
I think it may have 'grown' since the last google or bing photos (bing shows the strip better, use birds eye view).

I'm just doing some research in order to put an idea out there as an option. Not trying to tread on any toes.

Just looking at how easy and much it would take to put an electric fence around it to keep those sheep out. I seriously think they are not right, sheep poo's are meant to be hard, we have sheep 'pats', i don't think it will be too long before one of us gets ill from it having the planes land in it and then us handling the planes. Some of the stuff you can pick up from sheep poo isn't nice. I am and know a lot of race mechanics and we have to be careful jet washing the bikes off, one guy now if quite ill because of getting sheep poo flick up from a tyre into his eye.

So far i think we could fence off the strip, flight line and pits for 200 (i have a 12V leisure battery that i can donate to the cause and keep the costs down). I don't think it would need to be taken down to use the strip, just turned off and opened near the gate.

The biggest drawback i can see is all the grass inside the fence would need to be occasionally mown and thats more work for Bernie and Mark but on the flip side the strip wouldn't need scraping any more. Wouldn't effect the farmer apart from losing a tiny bit more grazing. Obviously permission from the farmer would need to be asked.

What do we think? I would be happier with a cleaner area, it might even attract some of the LOS guys back...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Use google earth to measure it. The gate is a standard width (8ft?) so you should be able to use that to figure it out to the nearest foot. Wanna fill us in before the JCB's get there? Lol.

CJ
google earth makes it 120mx15m
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:52 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
I spoke to a couple of LOS guys and they don't seem to have any beef regarding the field or our FPV gear....

if we are talking about a fence here we will need approval from the farmer. also we must find an12VAC generator. 12VDC doesn't do anything...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Oct 2009
824 Posts
Wouldn't just a standard fence be enough to keep the sheep out?
unialfred is offline Find More Posts by unialfred
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,619 Posts
Its called an 'energiser' in electric fence terms apparently, included in the 200 ;-) Would need to charge the battery every 6 weeks or so.

A 'real' fence would be WAY more expensive and permanent, not even an option.

An electric fence would just be plastic 3' 'tread in' stakes with a single electrified cord or tape and can be easily moved or taken down. It would be very unobtrusive. Could even cut down the stakes to like 2' so right height for the seep and low enough not to need to take down to use the strip. I guess it would be about 5' away from the edge of the cut strip so not effecting landing planes?

Just ideas at the moment, but more achievable than i expected.