HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:18 PM
Moderador.
guadalajara, jalisco, mexico
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
My two sons, Yhoshua did a great pics job....
Alfredo Rubio is offline Find More Posts by Alfredo Rubio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:22 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
do you think how is to fly near an.....elephant?
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:23 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
after a great day.... the work in the cyber where I post all to yours, the owner, Rene Varela in his ciber " Doctor Computin"
Old Jun 23, 2003, 11:27 PM
Greensboro, NC
Joined Jul 2002
780 Posts
Alfredo,
Nice pictures!
Matt
Matt D. is offline Find More Posts by Matt D.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 01:20 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Thanks Matt, with a digital camera is some dificult to catch in mean time you learn to push the button correctly ( it has 2 times...) but when Yhoshua learned, after 2 or 3 short flights even the first tail heavy flight... we did it.

Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 03:56 PM
pushing both extremes
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
567 Posts
Excellent job!

That overhead shot reminds me of one of those dart shaped paper airplanes. Very cool.

- Zoom -
Zoom is offline Find More Posts by Zoom
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:15 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Me too Zoom... but better than this paper planes we built when chids, and now to our sons, even I have one of this of my little son... in the vw bus...

As the first flights was only for test, I did not climbed to much, I want to try some rolls and loops, with those big area elevons, i used dual system in elevator and aileron... In one flight almost to land, I pulled the elevator and the plane did a " harrier" landing, as the original in EPISODE II...

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:16 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Hi guys, yesterday I went at the Don Jose Calderon`s Flying field, and in this club not only fly r.c. but Control Line too, and yesterday flew 3 c.l. new models even the great wind conditioins, after 3 times, I could not fly my Jedi Star Fighter, but latter with the R.C. guys, and after wait a minor wind conditions, I did it, and some funny hapened.

As was some light wind, the model "fly" as harries does, almost not moves in the air, and when I tried a turn, the ailerons not worked, only with all the left or right aileron stick, slowly the model flew in open turns, for this reason I off the dual in the aileron and the things shange, I did some turns even in the low wind conditions.

I think it was because the long profile fuselage worked as a gigant rudder area in the long fuselage tail, and the model fly stright to the wind.....
Old Jun 30, 2003, 01:51 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2002
1,114 Posts
Alfredo, congratulations on the successful flights!

John
Inari is offline Find More Posts by Inari
Old Jun 30, 2003, 07:25 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Thanks Inari, sincerely I had some doubts, just for the Jedi Star Fighter´s size but when I had the numbers, this doubts slowly gone, I thought in redesigned the plane, with a pusher configuration, more staetical and props crash safe, and a more powerful motor as the MG1 or speed 280 d.d. but with the small GWS and 270 mAh Ni-Mh cells, flew great, even my wife told me "If it flew fine, why to shange the motor, prop and cells..?"....
Old Jul 01, 2003, 02:39 AM
Las Vegas Realtor
Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2002
1,114 Posts
My advice: Listen to your wife and tell her she is right. Then you are allowed to spend some more money on models. "Tiene razon mi querida."
Inari is offline Find More Posts by Inari
Old Jul 01, 2003, 05:51 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Tomare tu consejo y el de mi esposa.... I will take the winsdon of you device and my wife.....
Old Jul 01, 2003, 05:53 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
You was right Inari....Jhon, I think to built an hibrid, bitcharger convertion/rubber powered Jedi Star Fighter.
I really enjoy this model.....I feel like a Jedi Knight......nahhhhh!!!
Old Jul 01, 2003, 09:41 PM
Fanfold abuser
Rochester Monroe Cty, New York, United States
Joined Aug 2002
1,577 Posts
Wow

Very creative. Great paint and detailing. When I saw the early pictures I thought it really didn't matter if it flew.

Thanks for the pics.

John
Jgardner is offline Find More Posts by Jgardner
Old Jul 02, 2003, 04:35 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Thanks for your very kind words John.

The white color from the foam helped very much, and the acrilic paints are very easy to use with this material, the hand paint job only take few hours.

This is one of the planes I enjoy in my house too, when I back from the work to eat, I saw the plane on the freezer.... my house is small....and there is not more place to put it... the walls are full !!! well not all but my wife prefer the paints or chromes and pics to decorate the house... not planes....

Thanks.