HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 05:08 PM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
On the bench...

First in line is a Windrider Fox which I'm re-building for higher winds. I'm basically adding lots of carbon fiber reinforcement. It's about halfway done. Looking forward to flying the new incarnation.

Second is a semi-crunchy 60" plane my friend gave me called the Plan 9. It's his design with a bagged fiberglass and carbon wing with an RG14 airfoil. The boom is a graphite shaft. It needs a V-tail, servos, radio and some TLC but it looks really cool. I'm excited about it. He says it's a smoking high wind plane.

After the Plan 9 is in the air I need to start cranking on my recent score, an EPP Jart. This was an unplanned purchase but I'm extremely excited about it. I'm HOPING to have it done for Cape Blanco Slopefest but that may be a pipedream considering my staggeringly slow build rate and RC ADD.

There's a tie for 4th and 5th on the build list. My poor Alula has been fully dismantled and neglected for some time now. I'm getting a little crazy with it so I won't go into details. Should be cool though. The other plane is my Franken Radian. I built it, crashed it and now it's time to re-build and try again.
trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
Last edited by trees; Jul 05, 2010 at 06:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:45 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,043 Posts
photos

terrific photos of all your planes, great comments, too
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Thanks Phil. I can't take credit for all of the photos. I used stock photos for stuff I didn't take pics of (when I had them). Up until recently my RC exposure was few and far-between so I didn't usually have stuff long enough to get photos or video of it. The really old exploits were done before digital cameras and you know how it goes as a kid, too busy doing stuff to think about taking pictures. I'm am hoping to better document future projects and flights. Should be fun. I can say the description are all original though.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:03 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post
Thanks Phil. I can't take credit for all of the photos. I used stock photos for stuff I didn't take pics of (when I had them). Up until recently my RC exposure was few and far-between so I didn't usually have stuff long enough to get photos or video of it. The really old exploits were done before digital cameras and you know how it goes as a kid, too busy doing stuff to think about taking pictures. I'm am hoping to better document future projects and flights. Should be fun. I can say the description are all original though.
but even those of you flying at the hill, are great.
it's good to see others doing their thing. i wish i could get photos that good on mt blog.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:16 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Tell your friends to stop having fun for a few minutes so they can take some pictures of you .
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees View Post
Tell your friends to stop having fun for a few minutes so they can take some pictures of you .
it's a good idea. problem is, i live by myself, and fly alone at dawn: nobody awakes that early!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:13 PM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
That could be problematic...