HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
 
Thread Tools
Old Jun 15, 2003, 04:00 AM
MadBiker
Guest
n/a Posts
mode 1 and mode 2

i was looking at some websites and i saw the cheepest set of 4 ch
controllers was 220 hitec lazer 4, but are are 2 listings both are exactly
the same but one was mode 1 and one was mode 2?

and what does it mean by dry?

are these controllers worth it or is it better to go up and pay a little
more for later on..

thanks
Nathan

HITEC LASER 4CH FM MODE 1 DRY
- 4 channel R/C system suitable for R/C planes.

- Includes FM transmitter,HFS-04M receiver,3x HS-322 servos and on/off
switch.

- Set up in mode 1.

- features-servo reversing on all channels,ATV on ch1 & 2,V-tail and elevon
mixing, trainer system,neck strap attachment,metal carrying handle,easy to
read 5 led indicators,low battery alarm.



Old Jun 16, 2003, 04:00 AM
A.T.
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

IMO best value 4ch RC system on market today.
"Dry" means no rechargeable batteries or charger. You would be best to
purchase a set including the NiCads and charger as it will be invariably
cheaper because 4 AA alkaline batteries for the RX battery box and 8 AA
alkaline batteries for the TX will need to be replaced every 4 -5 hours use
and will work out much more expensive.
Check all RX systems against each other by visiting
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/ and scrolling down to "Radio Systems,
Accessories, Alterations and FAQ". A comparison of features will soon show
the advantages of the Laser 4 which also includes Vtail and Elevon mixing
which saves buying mixers for flying wings on the slope etc. Better still to
check the Flash 4X & 5X systems, for a little more the features are even
better.
With regards to Mode 1 = throttle stick on right with ailerons and elevator
on left with rudder
Mode 2 = Throttle stick on left with rudder and elevator on right stick with
ailerons.
80:20 rule applies.
80% of your country Australia, NZ, UK, & Europe use mode 1. whereas 80% of
USA use mode 2. = check what your instructor uses and if he uses a buddy box
system, the Hitec TX are compatible with Futaba = refer to
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/ see also
"FAQ = Answers for Beginners and Advanced RC'ers" at
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
The stick mode of the Laser 4 & 6 ch TX are not user changeable (would
negate the operation of the Vtail and Elevon mixing) which is why they are
advertised separately.

regards
Alan T.

Alan's Hobby Web Links
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
.................................................. .............

"MadBiker" <spamboy@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:3eec00a4$1@news.comindico.com.au...
> i was looking at some websites and i saw the cheepest set of 4 ch
> controllers was 220 hitec lazer 4, but are are 2 listings both are

exactly
> the same but one was mode 1 and one was mode 2?
>
> and what does it mean by dry?
>
> are these controllers worth it or is it better to go up and pay a little
> more for later on..
>
> thanks
> Nathan
>
> HITEC LASER 4CH FM MODE 1 DRY
> - 4 channel R/C system suitable for R/C planes.
>
> - Includes FM transmitter,HFS-04M receiver,3x HS-322 servos and on/off
> switch.
>
> - Set up in mode 1.
>
> - features-servo reversing on all channels,ATV on ch1 & 2,V-tail and

elevon
> mixing, trainer system,neck strap attachment,metal carrying handle,easy to
> read 5 led indicators,low battery alarm.
>
>
>



Old Jun 16, 2003, 04:00 AM
CliveM
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

> 80% of your country Australia, NZ, UK, & Europe use mode 1. whereas 80%
of
> USA use mode 2. = check what your instructor uses and if he uses a buddy

box
Actually, UK is mode 2.
CM
"A.T." <atong@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
news:bchaj2$id6$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> IMO best value 4ch RC system on market today.
> "Dry" means no rechargeable batteries or charger. You would be best to
> purchase a set including the NiCads and charger as it will be invariably
> cheaper because 4 AA alkaline batteries for the RX battery box and 8 AA
> alkaline batteries for the TX will need to be replaced every 4 -5 hours

use
> and will work out much more expensive.
> Check all RX systems against each other by visiting
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/ and scrolling down to "Radio Systems,
> Accessories, Alterations and FAQ". A comparison of features will soon show
> the advantages of the Laser 4 which also includes Vtail and Elevon mixing
> which saves buying mixers for flying wings on the slope etc. Better still

to
> check the Flash 4X & 5X systems, for a little more the features are even
> better.
> With regards to Mode 1 = throttle stick on right with ailerons and

elevator
> on left with rudder
> Mode 2 = Throttle stick on left with rudder and elevator on right stick

with
> ailerons.
> 80:20 rule applies.
> 80% of your country Australia, NZ, UK, & Europe use mode 1. whereas 80%

of
> USA use mode 2. = check what your instructor uses and if he uses a buddy

box
> system, the Hitec TX are compatible with Futaba = refer to
> http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/ see also
> "FAQ = Answers for Beginners and Advanced RC'ers" at
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
> The stick mode of the Laser 4 & 6 ch TX are not user changeable (would
> negate the operation of the Vtail and Elevon mixing) which is why they are
> advertised separately.
>
> regards
> Alan T.
>
> Alan's Hobby Web Links
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
> .................................................. ............
>
> "MadBiker" <spamboy@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:3eec00a4$1@news.comindico.com.au...
> > i was looking at some websites and i saw the cheepest set of 4 ch
> > controllers was 220 hitec lazer 4, but are are 2 listings both are

> exactly
> > the same but one was mode 1 and one was mode 2?
> >
> > and what does it mean by dry?
> >
> > are these controllers worth it or is it better to go up and pay a little
> > more for later on..
> >
> > thanks
> > Nathan
> >
> > HITEC LASER 4CH FM MODE 1 DRY
> > - 4 channel R/C system suitable for R/C planes.
> >
> > - Includes FM transmitter,HFS-04M receiver,3x HS-322 servos and on/off
> > switch.
> >
> > - Set up in mode 1.
> >
> > - features-servo reversing on all channels,ATV on ch1 & 2,V-tail and

> elevon
> > mixing, trainer system,neck strap attachment,metal carrying handle,easy

to
> > read 5 led indicators,low battery alarm.
> >
> >
> >

>
>


Old Jun 16, 2003, 04:00 AM
Dr1Driver
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

>Actually, UK is mode 2.

And France is the com-mode.
Dr.1 Driver
"There's a Hun in the sun!"
Old Jun 16, 2003, 04:00 AM
MadBiker
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

thanks guys..

is there any problems with buying a 10 year old controller set..
like this?

Futaba GOLD FP-6FG R/C system W/4Servo's

Digital proportional radio control system in good working conditions, has 6
channels FM transmitter and trainer capability. Comes with 4 servo's,
receiver and mounting hardware. Rx and Tx crystals on 36.490Mhz

thanks

"MadBiker" <spamboy@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:3eec00a4$1@news.comindico.com.au...
> i was looking at some websites and i saw the cheepest set of 4 ch
> controllers was 220 hitec lazer 4, but are are 2 listings both are

exactly
> the same but one was mode 1 and one was mode 2?
>
> and what does it mean by dry?
>
> are these controllers worth it or is it better to go up and pay a little
> more for later on..
>
> thanks
> Nathan
>
> HITEC LASER 4CH FM MODE 1 DRY
> - 4 channel R/C system suitable for R/C planes.
>
> - Includes FM transmitter,HFS-04M receiver,3x HS-322 servos and on/off
> switch.
>
> - Set up in mode 1.
>
> - features-servo reversing on all channels,ATV on ch1 & 2,V-tail and

elevon
> mixing, trainer system,neck strap attachment,metal carrying handle,easy to
> read 5 led indicators,low battery alarm.
>
>
>



Old Jun 17, 2003, 04:00 AM
A.T.
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

Would you buy a ten year old TV, Video recorder or tape player which will
not cause a plane to crash if they fail?
Unless free and you are prepared to spend money on new NiCads and a full
check over, why waste money on a system which has many moving parts which
are generally past use by date and an accident waiting to happen. Cost plus
new batteries and service may be more than a new set?
A Gold Box and it's RX have probably drifted way out of tune by now,
especially if RX has had the odd hard landing, stick lever volume controls
worn and dirty, servo motors, gears and pots well worn, plating worn off
switch contacts not to mention the wiring, hidden and unseen under the
plastic covering, could be down to single strands in places due to flexing
and corrosion. - need one continue?
FWIW the Gold Box series are more likely to be 15+ years old and is not
buddy box compatible with the more modern Futaba and Hitec TX. IMO far
better to look at spending the money on a new Hitec system with the added
benefits of Mixing, EPA, Dual rates and the bonus of a new item warranty.

regards
Alan T.

Alan's Hobby Web Links
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
.................................................. .............

"MadBiker" <spamboy@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:3eed3ab1@news.comindico.com.au...
> thanks guys..
>
> is there any problems with buying a 10 year old controller set..
> like this?
>
> Futaba GOLD FP-6FG R/C system W/4Servo's
>
> Digital proportional radio control system in good working conditions, has

6
> channels FM transmitter and trainer capability. Comes with 4 servo's,
> receiver and mounting hardware. Rx and Tx crystals on 36.490Mhz
>
> thanks
>
> "MadBiker" <spamboy@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:3eec00a4$1@news.comindico.com.au...
> > i was looking at some websites and i saw the cheepest set of 4 ch
> > controllers was 220 hitec lazer 4, but are are 2 listings both are

> exactly
> > the same but one was mode 1 and one was mode 2?
> >
> > and what does it mean by dry?
> >
> > are these controllers worth it or is it better to go up and pay a little
> > more for later on..
> >
> > thanks
> > Nathan
> >
> > HITEC LASER 4CH FM MODE 1 DRY
> > - 4 channel R/C system suitable for R/C planes.
> >
> > - Includes FM transmitter,HFS-04M receiver,3x HS-322 servos and on/off
> > switch.
> >
> > - Set up in mode 1.
> >
> > - features-servo reversing on all channels,ATV on ch1 & 2,V-tail and

> elevon
> > mixing, trainer system,neck strap attachment,metal carrying handle,easy

to
> > read 5 led indicators,low battery alarm.
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Old Jun 17, 2003, 04:00 AM
John Privett
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

Scotts Billy wrote:
>
> Gees, when the UK go mode two? When I was flying there everyone and
> their dog was Mode 1!!


I can't quote any figures but I believe the majority of UK flyers fly mode
2. Certainly where I fly and places I have previously flown it's been 90+%
on mode 2. It's been said that mode 1 is commonly used in northern England.
However I first flew in the north-east of the country and almost all of us
flew mode 2 there as well - and that was about thirty years ago!
--
John P. - who flies on Epsom Downs, UK.
http://www.flyrc.org.uk/
I'm sick of spam, so replace 'nojunkthanks' with 'john' if you want me
to read any e-mailed reply!


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.489 / Virus Database: 288 - Release Date: 11-Jun-03


Old Jun 17, 2003, 04:00 AM
Scotts Billy
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: mode 1 and mode 2

Ah, that may be it. When I was in the UK for a year or so about 12
years ago I was in the north west (Liverpool to be exact) and just about
everyone was Mode 1 (throttle on the right).

Cheers,
Billy.

John Privett wrote:
> Scotts Billy wrote:
>
>>Gees, when the UK go mode two? When I was flying there everyone and
>>their dog was Mode 1!!

>
>
> I can't quote any figures but I believe the majority of UK flyers fly mode
> 2. Certainly where I fly and places I have previously flown it's been 90+%
> on mode 2. It's been said that mode 1 is commonly used in northern England.
> However I first flew in the north-east of the country and almost all of us
> flew mode 2 there as well - and that was about thirty years ago!



--
Remove 'ANTI-SPAM' from e-mail address if replying personally

 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you buddy a mode 1 and mode 2 TX ? OzzieFlyer Electric Plane Talk 6 Jan 25, 2004 11:42 PM
mode 1 mode 2 bubby cord viti Hitec/Multiplex USA 1 Sep 17, 2003 06:59 PM
Revolutor mode 1 to mode 2 conversion ALVES Micro Helis 10 Jan 09, 2003 04:17 AM