HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2010, 07:55 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,835 Posts
Pugsam, you are not diluting your elmer's enough. The correct solution would be 31.415927 . hahahaha. I mount my camera to my Champ with the LG on it. With just a bit of velcro. Doubled up for angle. But I caution you all on this. Velcro is not perfect. Pull a high G manuver, and it could fall off. I wonder about velcro holding a foam wedge and camera. I just dont think it would be strong enough Sentry. I have allready destroyed one camera. I only have one left. hehe. Have to be carefull now. Happy Flying everyone. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2010, 08:24 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
The correct solution would be 31.415927 .
I believe the official super-secret formula is 10pi%, which should indeed be rounded to the figure you state.

Thank you for the correction!
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Dec 04, 2010, 08:47 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,835 Posts
Just tryin to help. hahaha. Lovin it!! I have plans to fly today. Yeah! It has been too long. Thanks woodchipper, for that 100mph piece of firewood to my face. haha. Vision is still improving. And I think my synapsis are starting to fire again. Woot woot. hehe. Lee
Old Dec 04, 2010, 08:54 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,218 Posts
I used elmers and had great results. I did find that it gave a different effect than the other glue. It creates a flat finish instead of the gloss finish, which came out really nice. As for the velcro situation I use industrial velcro for my camera and have never come close to losing it. It holds extremely solid and I would think it would hold the foam block without any problems.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:19 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,835 Posts
I still fly my cam with just velcro holding it. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the risk is all. Happy Flying. Lee
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:55 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,218 Posts
No problem. I've used normal velcro and had some of those issue's as well, so I completely understand. That's why I tried the industrial stuff and don't have the worries any more. I agree with Lee in the fact that as long as you're not doing crazy flying with the camera attached it should hold okay, but there's no guarantee's.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:58 AM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
United States, NC, Shelby
Joined Nov 2010
1,508 Posts
asboss,

Do you have a picture showing exactly what you mean by "adding another piece of velcro"? Im having a hard time trying to picture in my head what you are talking about exactly.

I ordered the 808 #3 cam and a 4G micro SD card. I don't know if I should try SENTRY's new mount, or just do the velcro you are doing. As I only have one Champ right now, I really dont want to permanently sacrifice the landing gear. If I had another plane I would do SENTRY's original cereal box mount in a heart beat!!
big_poppa4904 is offline Find More Posts by big_poppa4904
Old Dec 04, 2010, 10:00 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2010
101 Posts
You get different grades of Velcro and the industrial hold no problem. Why remove the landing gear when you dont have to, and if you do the first thing to hit the ground when you land is the camera!!
asboss is offline Find More Posts by asboss
Old Dec 04, 2010, 10:04 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2010
101 Posts
Big pop, I will upload a picture later for you, I think cutting away the fuse will only weaken it and you will have to get a new fuse if you come down hard.
I only have one Champ and it serves me well with or without the camera.
asboss is offline Find More Posts by asboss
Old Dec 04, 2010, 10:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,508 Posts
thanks asboss

and also, you say you mount the 808 cam to your heli on an earlier post, what type of heli do you have?

I was thinking about getting a Blade MSR and would like to mount the 808 to it, any ideas? Or if you have a MSR, a picture of yours perhaps?
Last edited by big_poppa4904; Dec 04, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 12:43 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
500mAh Battery For Champ?

I was looking for a replacement 500mAh battery for a Blade SR120 and found this one at All-Battery.com. It has both the JST and the JST-XH pigtails and says it will fly the UM Champ or T-28 for 1/2 hour.

http://www.all-battery.com/lipobatte...mah-30536.aspx
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:01 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I was looking for a replacement 500mAh battery for a Blade SR120 and found this one at All-Battery.com. It has both the JST and the JST-XH pigtails and says it will fly the UM Champ or T-28 for 1/2 hour.

http://www.all-battery.com/lipobatte...mah-30536.aspx
I never had good luck with Tenergy batteries. But as the sale price is the same as the E-Flite price.. Go ahead and order some and let us know how they work out...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,508 Posts
Im curious about this battery too. That battery is more wider than the stock battery, so modifications will have to be done.

Curious though what exactly has to be done though. Anybody have any pictures with this battery installed?

Also, to add to this question, what is the most highest MAH battery that is stock size and has the most run time?
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:19 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I never had good luck with Tenergy batteries. But as the sale price is the same as the E-Flite price.. Go ahead and order some and let us know how they work out...
Well, the shipping is at least free. I posted this here because it has the dual plugs that will fit the Champ. The Eflite 500mah has the red JST plug that will not fit the Champ or T-28.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:21 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904 View Post
Im curious about this battery too. That battery is more wider than the stock battery, so modifications will have to be done.

Curious though what exactly has to be done though. Anybody have any pictures with this battery installed?

Also, to add to this question, what is the most highest MAH battery that is stock size and has the most run time?
ThunderPower 160's and Hyperion 160's are a good bet.. I also like the Nano 160's from HK.. They are lighter not as much run time but still OK, sometimes I'm more for lighter than longer.. Depends on weather, flying site etc.. 20 minutes floating around with the Champ is long enough some times..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob