HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:04 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
489 Posts
Oddshot, the trick is to saturate the paper towel or cloth with the alcohol, really, don't be shy with it. I folded each sheet of paper towel to 1/4 size (four layers) and flipped it to a clean section with every wipe, must have used close to an entire roll, and a little over a 1/2 quart of 91% Isopropyl alcohol to do one plane.
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Once again. And Mybad.

Champ how to remove the pain. without wasting towels, and alchohol. that simple Sorry for some incorrect info, like using sandpaper, just blah, blah, blah,, was I now not clear enough Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C7YEm7qs4k
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,485 Posts
fishy, regarding your question in your video...

I've been using the Parma Faskolor for polycarbonate (Lexan) I bought to use on my RC car bodies and heli fuses... it's acrylic.

I'm just matching my mods to the stock color and painting scuffs and scrapes so I'm using the stock yellow which is a particular mixture of yellow, orange and white... I don't know my exact proportions, I'm a former graphic designer and mix it until it's right... it'll dry darker than when it goes on.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
thanks North. I need to get Paint for the champ so the FOAM does not do any magic tricks.

Walmart, and Michael's craft paint was suggested. I need to find it at either a local Home depot, or Lowe's for an art store like Michaels or other will be one day to go to.

I am in no rush at all.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined May 2012
1,069 Posts
caymin , fishy ...

My alcohol was too weak ...

91% rubbing alcohol is the hot setup ... got it!

THANK YOU ... very much!
TedD60 is offline Find More Posts by TedD60
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I demo'd that in the start of the video. 90 plus percent, wil take itright off in seconds. I only used 1/3rd the bottle. and very little towels.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:50 PM
Chris
Canada, NS, Queensland
Joined May 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
thanks North. I need to get Paint for the champ so the FOAM does not do any magic tricks.
Walmart, and Michael's craft paint was suggested. I need to find it at either a local Home depot, or Lowe's for an art store like Michaels or other will be one day to go to.
I am in no rush at all.
Fishy, I bought some acrylic at Michaels to touch up all the bashes. It is FolkArt 627 Tangerine. 2oz.( plenty) for $2.79 When it's wet it doesn't match but dries down and looks spot on. Maybe they can mail it to you for another couple dollars? Good luck and thanks for the videos and tips.
Airhead600cc is offline Find More Posts by Airhead600cc
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:53 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead600cc View Post
Fishy, I bought some acrylic at Michaels to touch up all the bashes. It is FolkArt 627 Tangerine. 2oz.( plenty) for $2.79 When it's wet it doesn't match but dries down and looks spot on. Maybe they can mail it to you for another couple dollars? Good luck and thanks for the videos and tips.
I'll have to head to Michaels and try this one... would save me having to mix up my custom yellow-orange

Do you have a pic of how close it dries?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
thanks guys.

North's comment I read and got exhausted due to heat,just kidding.
Folk Art paint at the store seen it. Maybe when I do some shopping with the family, we'll swing by a Michael's/ Supposed to hit 110, tomorrow?

May not be the best time to be out?

I am not a designer, or an expert. SO I should have a plan before I go? What color or colors, I want?

I will go grab a Hammer and Bang it out of me, wanted a red, white, and blue scheme, but who knows

Again absolute no Rush, it is a Project anyone can do, and taking the time to do it. Will need to look for the Rx part I have all the other stuff?
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:19 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,965 Posts
Are you Guys talking about painting the entire plane "one" color? No "two" tone? Or is that not scale?

Airhead, thanks for the heads up on the paint match-up. There's a Michael's down the road from me

@fishy, nice vid..

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Are you Guys talking about painting the entire plane "one" color? No "two" tone? Or is that not scale?

Airhead, thanks for the heads up on the paint match-up. There's a Michael's down the road from me

@fishy, nice vid..

Mike.
Mike, I don't know is fishy is even thinking yellow... but I'm just color matching my mods and touching up the stock job so, yes, am keeping it 2 tone... my pure orange matched the belly orange, am just looking for an easier solution for the rest of the plane than custom mixing my color. Just called my local Michaels... they have the Folk Art 627 Tangerine in 2oz bottles for under $2.50 (thanks, airhead!)... am heading out to grab a couple of bottles to try out... and to my LHS to cancel my pre-order of the 130x which seems to be going the way of the Carbon Cub, at least with the initial batch
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:36 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,965 Posts
Ha, ha,,,...never mind, you got it North
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Why would I strip my CHamp of the orginal color and repaint it the Same?

I am thinking of a multi color. white body with Blue and red stripes and stars. red and blue wing red and blue tail. if I wanted orage I have a Pumkin flyer again, just kidding?

I again walked into Wal-mart in December and have thepaint down South. cannot take on the plane, right?
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:18 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,485 Posts
fishy, I think you can take acrylic paint on a plane... it's water based and harmless... in fact, I "think" it's usually even non-toxic.

now you guys stop posting stuff... I need to get out of here
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:20 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,485 Posts
over here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16075

Folk Art #627 Tangerine
(used a 50% off one item and another 15% off entire purchase coupon downloaded from michaels website )

the piece of tape center picture...

Name: folk-art-627-tangerine-2.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 59.0 KB
Description:

Edit:
Has dried a little darker now... match is better.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jul 07, 2012 at 12:27 AM.