HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Jun 2005
3,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel_69 View Post
Hi,

I bought this micro board some times ago. I've got the module on my turnigy 9X. My TX is mode 1 (european mode). I can't assign the channel correctly. I Want to put the throttle on the right stick vertical, but no mode (1 2 3 or 4) do the job because the vendor put the throttle channel on channel 1 it seems.(channel 1 is for aileron)
I check the motor and it starts, but by holding for exemple the left stick to the left (0% throttle). Does anybody got the problem?

Also I want to mix the 2 linear servo to do some taileron mixing with the transmitter, but no mix seems to do the job, even in manual programming...
If I had this kind of problem, I would do whatever it took to fix it, even it that meant going inside the TX and altering things mechanically & electrically, but I cannot recommend that to everyone. All I can do is wish you well, and good luck!
Lancer31 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer31
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
107 Posts
haha total donut. i know. the problem is that i always have to take the top of and the scotch tape has ripped off the paint... i could fix it but the problem would just reoccur. its not pretty but it flies pretty
nate32 is offline Find More Posts by nate32
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:24 PM
France, RA, Villeurbanne
Joined Oct 2011
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer31 View Post
If I had this kind of problem, I would do whatever it took to fix it, even it that meant going inside the TX and altering things mechanically & electrically, but I cannot recommend that to everyone. All I can do is wish you well, and good luck!
I could eventually switch the two servos, but it seems difficult to rewire the aileron channel to the ESC...
lionel_69 is offline Find More Posts by lionel_69
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
608 Posts
I just got my Champ a week ago and really been having a blast. Got the tail tore up a bit but taped it with firm packing tape. I may have gone over board with the taping and ended up taping all sides of the tail anticipating that this was the weak point and will eventually break again (and again) I didn't realize that packing tape will make the Champ tail heavy!! I had to add a quarter to the nose to bring by COG to 28mm. It's leveled and climp no problem now.

One question for you veterant out there, have you guys considered connecting two ~190mAh batteries together in paralell? I think this will fit nicely with two batteries put on their side - no mod to the battery housing. I was thinking of making a Y connector to short the batteries together (in paralell). With two batteries, I can get rid of my quarter. Thought?
ccsj is offline Find More Posts by ccsj
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
107 Posts
U must have put on a lot of packing tape to make it be off by the weight of a quarter. the tail does get damaged a lot so i understand. instead of running the batteries in a parallel. You could get a larger battery. I think ternergy has a 500 mAh battery at 15c that would do the job. the weight might be a little much but thats what i would do. to charge the two separate batteries would be a pain and it might be easier to just get the 500 mAh. i think it runs like 10-15$ on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-500mAh...7&sr=8-1-spell actually its 8.75$ anyways thats my opinion.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
39 Posts
I'd like to make a set of fully amphibious floats for my champ by starting from the plans that have been posted here using 1mm depron as the primary building material. Unfortunately I can't find a good source for 1mm depron (rcfoam is completely out).

Anyone know where I can get some? Anybody have some laying around they want to sell/donate to the effort?

My plan is to replace the champ brick with the AR6400 from my (rarely flown) T-28 and use one of the extra channels to drive the amphib retracts.
gavronm is offline Find More Posts by gavronm
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Jun 2005
3,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavronm View Post
I'd like to make a set of fully amphibious floats for my champ by starting from the plans that have been posted here using 1mm depron as the primary building material. Unfortunately I can't find a good source for 1mm depron (rcfoam is completely out).

Anyone know where I can get some? Anybody have some laying around they want to sell/donate to the effort?

My plan is to replace the champ brick with the AR6400 from my (rarely flown) T-28 and use one of the extra channels to drive the amphib retracts.
Since they were my plans, and I have plenty left over, PM me your address and I'll send you some.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer31 View Post
Since they were my plans, and I have plenty left over, PM me your address and I'll send you some.
Very cool! Thank you!
gavronm is offline Find More Posts by gavronm
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
Plymouth, Minnesota
Joined Jun 2008
55 Posts
Well I just ordered the Champ....... Look forward to flying it.
Wenty is offline Find More Posts by Wenty
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Jun 2005
3,770 Posts
A lot of models fly good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenty View Post
Well I just ordered the Champ....... Look forward to flying it.
The Champ is a phenomenon. You will love it.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Cutting Out

The Champ is my first plane, and I'm really enjoying it. However, it seems like i'm losing signal with the plane quite often. Usually I lose the signal, but am able to get it back in a few seconds. I try and keep the plane within 100 yards or so from me when flying. If the cutting out is due to range issues with the Tx, then I would like to upgrade to something that has more range.

It looks like most people are upgrading to the dx6i. Is this the preferred radio, or is there a better option for the champ?
SpidarX is offline Find More Posts by SpidarX
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:17 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,030 Posts
You only have a Champ? Are you intending to get any other planes in the future?
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
You only have a Champ? Are you intending to get any other planes in the future?
Lee
Yes, I only have the champ at the moment. I would like to get more planes in the future, but it probably won't be in the next year.
SpidarX is offline Find More Posts by SpidarX
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:00 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,030 Posts
I would suggest the DX6I then. If you were about to get a lot more, the DX8. But, for the champ, a DX6I is a great TX.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
107 Posts
Wenty i hope your champ does not end up looking like mine. haha. it has been through a lot