HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:08 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,144 Posts
I have a #3 and it has an SD card too. MA's are the best batt I have used so far. Lots of emmppppph. haha
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:12 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
It could be a 3 as it is over a year old but it also has that micro s/d card???
Anyway I did order the new 16 last night On ebay so hope to have that one soon
As far as i know all the little key chain cameras have one of those cards.
On the #16 i have been using the same card i used to use in the old #3 cam.
It works fine...it's a Kingston 4 gig Class 4 and it works fine,no need for getting a class 10 type card...should be good with a class 4 or class 6.
The battery in the cam will last about 45 min to 1 hour and that's works out pretty good when using a 4 gig card...the card will be full about the same time the battery is dead...no waist of card space.
With a bigger gig card the battery would run flat before the card was able to be filled with video that's why i say no need for anything more than a 4 gig.

It's also a good idea when you get the card and cam to do the "in camera formatting" of the card.
Also the green led will light when you plug it in the pc telling you it's charging.
May take up to 2 hrs for a full charge and then the green led will go off.

There is a thread about the cam...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
Lots of info,but be sure to read the first few posts and their links before asking a question in that thread..lol
It's not your average thread style over there,good information though and lots of it.

If you need any help with the #16 let me know and i'll do my best to help you out with it.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfrik View Post
Today got my Champ out after couple months inside the box.Was flying indoors and noticed the motor was going up and down in power/rpm's.Rebinded the plane again plus changed the battery and still the same.Any ideas?Plane have low hrs and almost accident free.Hope is not the brick!!!....any suggestions and help??..thanks
Dude happens to mine too. for me, usually i have to let it sit overnight but sounds like yours hasnt been flown recently. For example, on mine, the light on the brick will turn off entirely then reengage at a higher level. its weird. I have always associated it with a failing motor(stock motor was bad, it burnt out on me twice in 2 months) but the p-51 motor that i put in there is still going strong.

I cant remember the name but who ever said to take two gear boxes and a have there be one prop. how would i do that. Like you would have to connect them to make the prop spin.

3. I LOVE LOOKING AT OLD CHAMPS!!! makes me feel so much better about how crappy mine looks. ill post pics soon. glue ftw
nate32 is offline Find More Posts by nate32
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:56 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Same thing hapens to mine as well. I have yet to figure out the problem. I think I may need a new TX though.
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
i have the dx6i and it still does it. did it yesterday actually. idk we shall see. im ordering the motor for the champ to try out the dual motor idea tomorrow. hoping for fast shipping.
nate32 is offline Find More Posts by nate32
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
I called HH about it and they sent me a new fuselage with electronics, but I need to put a new tail on it....I just want to figure out the problem before I spent money on a new tx, tail, or batteries, etc.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Oh, and nice Champ too!
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate32 View Post
Dude happens to mine too. for me, usually i have to let it sit overnight but sounds like yours hasnt been flown recently. For example, on mine, the light on the brick will turn off entirely then reengage at a higher level. its weird. I have always associated it with a failing motor(stock motor was bad, it burnt out on me twice in 2 months) but the p-51 motor that i put in there is still going strong.

I cant remember the name but who ever said to take two gear boxes and a have there be one prop. how would i do that. Like you would have to connect them to make the prop spin.

3. I LOVE LOOKING AT OLD CHAMPS!!! makes me feel so much better about how crappy mine looks. ill post pics soon. glue ftw
Going to change motor,see what happens...thanks
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:18 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,144 Posts
Nate, your Champ looks Awesome!!! ahahahahahahahaha
What thing did you make for the pushrod? A control horn?
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:51 PM
Flyin Micro Champ,T-28, SU-26
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts

Got new wings and tail but this was my 3rd glue job!
taatoken is offline Find More Posts by taatoken
Old Feb 04, 2012, 09:05 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
OK got my bigger tires ans mounted them she looks great now need to go place my motor upgrade..

When buying the mustang motor do you guys just buy the motor or the complete gear motor set?

smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:19 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
When buying the mustang motor do you guys just buy the motor or the complete gear motor set?
Motor only. The Champ gearbox is better than a Mustang Gearbox.

The 4-site motor is actually cheaper than the Mustang motor.

EFL9052
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:28 PM
Flyin Micro Champ,T-28, SU-26
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Light mods

this is first R/c plane an I have been in the hobby for about a week. So i had these light just laying around and let the modding begin.

Open it up/doing engine mount repairs

placing lights

the underneath of placing lights

lights on hood open

lights off hood closed
taatoken is offline Find More Posts by taatoken
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:43 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Motor only. The Champ gearbox is better than a Mustang Gearbox.

The 4-site motor is actually cheaper than the Mustang motor.

EFL9052
But which one is tougher by your experience.I don't wanna break any speed record,just one a good reliable motor better than the stock Champ...thanks
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Dec 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfrik View Post
But which one is tougher by your experience.I don't wanna break any speed record,just one a good reliable motor better than the stock Champ...thanks
When (and if) it is time to replace I'm going to try the Solo Pro upgrade. It is some work but it could be worth it.

Search of this thread.

Details of the upgrade.
ChoppedHam is offline Find More Posts by ChoppedHam