SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:07 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Paper clips make great arrester hooks. I know.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
in due time they loosen up in diameter.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automag928 View Post
Ok... With everyone's encouragement I went ahead and starting fixing the ol gal up tonight...with tons of tape and some CA glue this is where she is right now...
Dude looks great.

for the wing, the most important part is making sure the pitch is the same for both sides. when i broke my wings for the first time, i put it on at a different angles. it really doesnt fly if that happens. just a heads up, im waiting for the fixed champ pic.
nate32 is offline Find More Posts by nate32
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Use the box it comes in as your work shop
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:01 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
That is great! I am glad you plan or getting her back up. Yeah, if you put a hook at the CG or more towards the tail, it should snag on a laundry line you can set up. Good idea!
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,416 Posts
I was wondering if the guts of a umx beast 3D would work in a champ
AS3X would be cool....
anyone know if you can plug a single standard micro servo into that and say use one aileron servo? or 2 micro servos and flaperons...?
if so, I would be tempted.....
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
so apparently for my dual engine idea on the champ, the plane becomes extremely unstable(heard from an elderly man who flew the real thing) or something so i have to make it a biplane.... it will still look super cool though. ill post a picture once i have completed the act and made sure it actually flies.
nate32 is offline Find More Posts by nate32
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
How 'bout two motors driving one gearbox and a big fat prop?
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Zephyrhills,FL
Joined Jan 2002
42 Posts
Well back together...hopefully flight worthy...tail is a little cockeyed but hopefully with some trim she'll be ok?.. Thanks for the encouragement! I think part of me was eyeing a new UM corsair to go with my Trojan , but I still love the champ, it's just soon easy to fly. I think an arrester hook system will be in place soon though.
Automag928 is offline Find More Posts by Automag928
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
GREAT job on fixing your Champ! if you want, you could put some packing tape over the hole in the rear empinage to help streamline it. Oh, and with trim your Champ should be fine. My mustang also had a bent tail from a repair I did and it trimmed out just fine. Good job again!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Do they make the champs in different frequencies? Bought one for one of my sons and the other son would like to fly one also. ( translation...dogfight his brother). When you "lock" the plane to it's own transmitter can you fly two champs at the same time in proximity?

Thanks,

Miguel
Tree Finder is offline Find More Posts by Tree Finder
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Finder View Post
Do they make the champs in different frequencies? Bought one for one of my sons and the other son would like to fly one also. ( translation...dogfight his brother). When you "lock" the plane to it's own transmitter can you fly two champs at the same time in proximity?

Thanks,

Miguel
Yes no problem.That's the wonder of 2.4ghz technology you can have lots of planes,cars,helis etc altogether and they won't bind/interfere with each other.The system just searches for an available frequency that its not in use and binds/lock it.So happy flying!!!!!
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Miguel
Of course. the 2.4 ghz technology is made to be interferance-free, so you could have thousands of Champs/other planes up at the same time without any problems. (Well...except for maybe getting a bit disorinted lol ) Have fun!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Oh, and no they don't sell them in different frequencies, as there is no need to.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
To combat the problem of possibly 50+ acft on a dsm2 type 2.4 ghz, that is why the new upgraded Spektrum tx's are dsmx which is backwards compatable to dsm2 and some how narrows your rx/tx bind to an even narrower range with no effect on range. Magic if you ask me. Should only be an issue if you are at a fly in or somewhere else where dozens of spectrum dsm2 type acft are in the air at once, so I have heard.... and read
rotorbroke is offline Find More Posts by rotorbroke