HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:39 PM
Beginner on HZ Champ
France, Bretagne, Quimper
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Would you be able to do a video of your Champ flying please?
It would be good to see how slow it can actually fly
I finally use my phone (and learn to use youtube for video upload and edit), but unfortunately when I test again my slats & fences for my Champ, there was a bit of wind, so she was faster than in no-wind conditions, and not easy to controle. In fact, in this vid, she flies about the same speed as the lower I can without wings addons in no wind conditions...

Here is the video :
Hobbyzone Champ with wing slats and fences (1 min 43 sec)

Waiting for better conditions to make it fly slower.
michelp is offline Find More Posts by michelp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
If you go any slower you be going backwards

That was awesome, what phone not an iPhone

I as well one day will learn mine. Not liking how carriers do what they do hd1080 p not yet on cell but wifi lol
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:46 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelp View Post
I finally use my phone (and learn to use youtube for video upload and edit), but unfortunately when I test again my slats & fences for my Champ, there was a bit of wind, so she was faster than in no-wind conditions, and not easy to controle. In fact, in this vid, she flies about the same speed as the lower I can without wings addons in no wind conditions...

Waiting for better conditions to make it fly slower.
Thank you very much for doing that video, I am impressed with your quick rections when your Champ was diving towards the ground
I could see the wind was so strong you were practically hovering at times, a heli Champ perhaps
Your video did show me that I do not have enough space where I live to fly my Champ, the two rows of trees are too close together I will have to wait till the winter is passed and look for a flying site.
Thank you
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:56 PM
Illinois
Joined Mar 2008
117 Posts
subscribed
moto mike is offline Find More Posts by moto mike
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:19 AM
Beginner on HZ Champ
France, Bretagne, Quimper
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
If you go any slower you be going backwards
That was awesome, what phone not an iPhone
I as well one day will learn mine. Not liking how carriers do what they do hd1080 p not yet on cell but wifi lol
Hi fishy ! With wind in front of the plane she sometimes almost has no speed, view from the ground, yes.
My phone is just a sony xperia x10 mini-pro, not very good vids 720 max or less, but I used youtube's video stabilization and it works fine (the original vid is not stab at all)
michelp is offline Find More Posts by michelp
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelp View Post
Hi fishy ! With wind in front of the plane she sometimes almost has no speed, view from the ground, yes.
My phone is just a sony xperia x10 mini-pro, not very good vids 720 max or less, but I used youtube's video stabilization and it works fine (the original vid is not stab at all)
thanks, an awesome Job for sure, others always ask, these questions, and what is at their finger tips they overlook, great job again
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
can someone please give some links of everything that i need to install the p51 motor on my champ
waldoorentas is offline Find More Posts by waldoorentas
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:07 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoorentas View Post
can someone please give some links of everything that i need to install the p51 motor on my champ
A P-51 motor and some needle nosed pliers.

Twist motor out, unplug.

Twist new motor in, plug in.

Black wire goes in furthest right hole.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:15 AM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
206 Posts
I'm getting ready to put a new fin and rudder on my champ. Can someone give me some advice on how to install rudder and fin and connect the rudder control horn to the pushrod? Is there a sequence you need to follow like OPTION A: 1. glue control horn to rudder, 2. put the pushrod z-bend into the rudder control horn, 3. attach rudder and fin to fuselage. OR OPTION B: 1. glue control horn to rudder, 2. attach rudder and fin to fuselage, 3. somehow twist pushrod z-bend into rudder control horn. OR: 1. put the pushrod z-bend into the rudder control horn, 2. attach rudder and fin to fuselage, 3. glue control horn (with pushrod already attached) to rudder. Which sequence is prefered and would produce the desired results?

Or is there some other way or sequence to do it that would be better?
eagle1933 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1933
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoorentas View Post
Welcome in Wald

1st post congrad's hope you have fun.

I am not a pro, and should not offer advice to a 1st time poster, ((KIDDING)) but please take the time before you go about anything.

Please be advice these are for viewing purposes only
1 in the still below, you can clearly see a selicone caulking applied, to the motor, it is on the mount, and motor. Not insulting but would twisting be not the way to go, if plastic is brittle and may cause a crack, or breakage.

Take xto blade or safe object to remove, the soft selicone. Then once cleared, take some lubricate of your choise and Please make sure it is machine safe, motor safe.

then start to remove with gentle pressure, keeping off the white back housing

If you re selling, or desposing, your choice.

the motor will slide right out with ease.

Once out you may replace and use any color on htemarket selicone chaulk, or glue. do not use gorilla white it will melt the foam, Please make sure it is foam safe .

Again welcome in. I am no pro, and I only show thisstill for viewing purposes. thank you..
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:28 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
"Once out you may replace and use any color on htemarket selicone chaulk,"

Wrong.

You must use "electronics safe" silicone.
If the silicone has a "vinegar" smell, do not use it.
These types of silicone gas off fumes that rapidly corrode electronic componenets and and electrical connections.

Welcome to the Champsters, you're gonna love it!

Greg
DFTFT
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1933 View Post
I'm getting ready to put a new fin and rudder on my champ. Can someone give me some advice on how to install rudder and fin and connect the rudder control horn to the pushrod? Is there a sequence you need to follow like OPTION A: 1. glue control horn to rudder, 2. put the pushrod z-bend into the rudder control horn, 3. attach rudder and fin to fuselage. OR OPTION B: 1. glue control horn to rudder, 2. attach rudder and fin to fuselage, 3. somehow twist pushrod z-bend into rudder control horn. OR: 1. put the pushrod z-bend into the rudder control horn, 2. attach rudder and fin to fuselage, 3. glue control horn (with pushrod already attached) to rudder. Which sequence is prefered and would produce the desired results?

Or is there some other way or sequence to do it that would be better?
I found in my eyes after the fact, that if the rudder falls off due to a crash however it may be. that you have to place back on a rudder and servo no matter what order.

Would glueing a horn be advised? unsure, what if you put it on backwards? what if you need to replace it? how would you get the glue off, if need be?

1. with champ secured peice fit Dry, loosely all parts, and see if they go where they go, if need be on a paper draw or use a still photo of how it was.

2 I tape around hte part where the horn goes 2mm around, poke with nife gently a hole I then take horn correct way solid long back facing front , and feed up, takeing tab with slot facing to the tail , meaning you wil l see its aligment hoe the two sides are facing to lock in I place on with fingertips and nail, it clicks two time one on each side. if need to use a tool a tweezer, of that sort around horn. I then work on Horn attachment, getly grab wit h finger tip if neeed a tweezer and hold both wire and horn will pick a hole snap.

3. prepare your tail, push on the top platic holder, aliign by eye. and imagine the placement. work overhead and place on in a slow confident move thetail do not apply great force . (whateveer glue sticky you use) ( i use a rubbercement called dapp laminant pads)

4 I take tape and same thingto rudder area of horn, and especially paper tab thata is inserted to tail. I then place my nife in hteslotted tail to not widen but clear up gingerly, for slot to fit. I then feed it tilted back and, d o the same repeat horn attachment

5 I then pack up old stuff, whatever, however you do with it. end

Please double check work, make sure yo do not use force, the tail as some may not know is peiced on there is a roundslot that hte back top tail locks into, and will seperate, if this happens you must align the slot hole with a tab and allwill work if not, you will have issues.

my instructions are a opinion, and should not be taken into a instructional lesson that said goodluck in your decisions.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olthump View Post
"Once out you may replace and use any color on htemarket selicone chaulk,"

Wrong.

You must use "electronics safe" silicone.
If the silicone has a "vinegar" smell, do not use it.
These types of silicone gas off fumes that rapidly corrode electronic componenets and and electrical connections.

Welcome to the Champsters, you're gonna love it!

Greg
DFTFT
Thank you for clearing that up Greg. who is the main Hobby silicone?

Please tell all, WHy I said Aftermarket, I should have said Hobby silicone

but I said
SELICONE dang my Bad that is a lube not chaulk

being polite about it and aftermarket is any type you preferrre vs as mentioned why others hate one, and love another (general)
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:47 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Eagle,

Once the control horn is securely glued, it twists quite easily 90 degrees in order to insert the control rod. Just be gentle. Be sure you have it facing correctly before you glue it. Ask me how I know this.

Many of us have found that moving the tailwheel to the fuselage greatly reduces the frequency of rudder damage/attachment troubles. You lose some ground steering, but it's a worthwhile trade-off.

Greg
DFTFT
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Dec 09, 2011, 09:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Elmer's glu