HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:10 AM
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2011
430 Posts
I just upgraded my motor with a Bravo SX and it's freaking fast. I can hover with it for a few seconds with a 5043 prop as well. Single best thing I've done to my champ so far.
PnoT is offline Find More Posts by PnoT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnoT View Post
I just upgraded my motor with a Bravo SX and it's freaking fast. I can hover with it for a few seconds with a 5043 prop as well. Single best thing I've done to my champ so far.
Nice! Can you send me a link to that motor? Are you using Hyperion 160 lipos?

Regards,
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
I have to share this with my fellow Champs:

There is a post in the classifieds, asking for donated parts to build a plane for the op's friend, to get him interested in flying.

I posted about how good, and cheap the Champ was, and that if someone can't afford, or doesn't want to shell out a hundred bucks, this may not be the right hobby for them anyway.

He deleted the post, and said "this is uncalled for".

I am cheaper than anyone else I know...I fly (used) bargain basement specials, and the only plane I ever bought new WAS the Champ.

Am I alone on this one?
The Hog Pen is offline Find More Posts by The Hog Pen
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:23 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hog Pen View Post

There is a post in the classifieds, asking for donated parts to build a plane for the op's friend, to get him interested in flying.

I posted about how good, and cheap the Champ was, and that if someone can't afford, or doesn't want to shell out a hundred bucks, this may not be the right hobby for them anyway.

He deleted the post, and said "this is uncalled for".

I am cheaper than anyone else I know...I fly (used) bargain basement specials, and the only plane I ever bought new WAS the Champ.

Am I alone on this one?
I love my champ, and will not give it /nor any part of it away.
No, you're not alone. Some kid attempted a similar thing on another forum I frequent, needed donated parts to build an RC truck for a sick neighbours child, he had done the same thing on multiple forums, his scam was exposed on his facebook page by one of the forum mods.
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:30 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hog Pen View Post

~~~~

Am I alone on this one?
When people see things in writing in forums and similar (texts etc..), some folk misread them and put emphasis on things that are not intended by the writer. They then respond in that framework of understanding and it escalates the misunderstandings. Then again some people are just A-holes.

I have only started flying planes again after decades because I finally have a few $$$'s. The Champ I bought straight up ... because of the price and what I had read of it ... not disappointed with either aspect.
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:31 PM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
He wasn't looking for the Champ specifically...but a bunch of "guts" for a larger plane that he was building. My suggestion was to just go buy a Champ.

I don't want to cry scam...but I also don't feel comfy donating anything to a brand new member who has about 20 posts...most of which being in a thread asking for donations. Maybe legit...who knows!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
Northern VA
Joined Feb 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904 View Post
^^^^ That you guys is when you know you have an ADDICTION!!!!
I have the pleasure of saying that my addiction has actually been a good thing. This weekend I introduced 2 of my best friends to the Champ and the joy of electric flight. Both successfully flew for the first time in their lives (mind you in higher winds than advisable) and had great experiences. While it invariably ended with a cracked wing (easily fixed) it was a total blast!
petestorm is offline Find More Posts by petestorm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:47 PM
Ridgecrest Calif
Joined Nov 2010
892 Posts
I've only taken two guys out flying with me. Subsequently they both bought Champs.
WAM74 is offline Find More Posts by WAM74
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
North-Eastern Saskatchewan, Canada -Eh?!
Joined Apr 2008
1,386 Posts
i got one of my friends flying, a month later he bought a champ
monboy10 is offline Find More Posts by monboy10
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:45 PM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
6 friends saw me flying my champ, all had a go and none crashed, and in the end, we all flew champs in formation
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
thats what happened to me!!!,was invited to check and help on a friends heli and PUM!!!,...there they were,Ember2`s,Vapors,Champs,P51`s,Sukois etc etc.All of them flying at the same time,same place.Got introduced to some of the regular guys and i ended up actually flying and walking out of the place 4hrs later with a BNIB BNF Ember2 and 2 weeks later bought me the Champ....Now im a regular and go every Tuesday......just remembered i need to go check on my 1s lipos that i left charging!!!.....later
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Mar 01, 2011, 05:16 PM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
North-Eastern Saskatchewan, Canada -Eh?!
Joined Apr 2008
1,386 Posts
sadly for me, there is no other flyers near me
monboy10 is offline Find More Posts by monboy10
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:00 PM
Go Ugly Early
Azle, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,128 Posts
Days like today make me want to get my Champ up again. I buried my 42" Hellcat into my back pasture up to the canopy. That was after snapping the wing off my mini Zero...which I did after knocking the motor off my mini Spitfire.

I hate days like this.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:08 PM
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2011
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Nice! Can you send me a link to that motor? Are you using Hyperion 160 lipos?

Regards,
Pete
I'm using the Hyperion 240's in the nose and they're supplying plenty of power for long flights. The Bravo SX motors are sold out everywhere due to chinese new year so I got mine from RCBabble but I don't think he has any left. You can pm him to find out thou
PnoT is offline Find More Posts by PnoT
Old Mar 01, 2011, 09:14 PM
Northern VA
Joined Feb 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monboy10 View Post
sadly for me, there is no other flyers near me
But that's the beauty of the Champ; show enough of your friends and there WILL be people to fly with soon!
petestorm is offline Find More Posts by petestorm