HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:03 PM
Joined Apr 2003
99 Posts
GWS Spit or 109?? CANT DECIDE!

I am going to buy one of these two new warbirds, and i would like your opinions about which one I should get. I have heard good things about both, but havent talked to anybody in person.
I want to spend my 60 bucks well!Thanks for your responses.
Just hope they fly a little better than my P-51. never figured out how to land it.
RCace is offline Find More Posts by RCace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:22 PM
A Few Sandwiches Shy
Orlando, FL
Joined Jun 2001
1,961 Posts
I ended up getting both.

The Spit is a little easier to fly and seems more solid in the air. The stall is very tame. I also belly land all of my warbirds, especially after the P-51 since the gear was too flimsy and I'd end up on the nose half the time.

The 109 is a little quicker and more twitchy in the air(flies like the P-51) but doesn't have the tip stall problems of the 51.

Both fly easier than the P-51. My favorite is the Spit. It just looks so graceful in the air.

Rob
RMason is offline Find More Posts by RMason
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:30 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
With the GWS planes rolling out I had the same problem trying to decide. I decided to get a plane thats been out because I was able to read up on mods,power options and general info not available on just released models. Let others do the experimentation and learn from them. At $60,get the 109 and later get the Spit. I never owned the 51 but did get the 109 which I tried to use the gear and land on grass. No luck. Supposed to be tamer than the 51 but it likes to come in hot and I either slowed down to much and tip stalled or cartwheeled on the grass. This is with oversized wheels. I still think they are really best without rudder and gear. Im really into takeing off and landing with wheels but unless you have a paved surface, its really just a excercise in epoxy repair.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:39 AM
Joined Apr 2003
99 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion, RManson. I sort of figured the Spitfire would be easier to fly just because the wings are so big. Well, I know which one to get now. By the way, I had problems landing the 51, too. Very fast & agile little plane. It wouldn't have been so hard to fly if it hadn't tip stalled at 15 MPH. If your 51 and Spit are both stock equipped, I'd like to know how much slower the Spit is. Can you actually land it on wheels? I think that looks cool when you do it right. Addios
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:01 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
No matter which one you get first, never be a wrong choice. Once you select GWS, everything looks right!

Oh my God, how dare that I speak with such commercial flavor! But it's Dxxx good for both of GWS Spit and Me109! I sware.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jun 15, 2003, 01:15 PM
Joined Apr 2003
99 Posts
MR. Lin, i'd like to know how powerful that new 350 motor will be. How much better is it than the 300? If it is more powerful, I'll buy one right off the bat for the Spitfire. Can't wait to fly that thing!!
Old Jun 15, 2003, 06:10 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
You can fly Spitfire with EPS-300C powerfully!

But, there was some one told me that OVER-POWERED this word never exist in USA! You may take a look on our new EPS-350C

http://www.gws.com.tw/english/produc...em/eps350c.htm

That would makes her fly even better!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:56 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
I was out of town and stumbled apon a Hobby Shop that carried GWS. I went in just to get a few props. Well, he had a whole bunch of GWS stuff and I got carried away. Bought a CUB,another Tiger Moth, electronics and motors for both and of course, a few props. I ask the owner how GWS was selling. He said, "Theres this one guy who came in and bought just about everything GWS I have." He then looked at me and smiled.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:08 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
Quote:
But, there was some one told me that OVER-POWERED this word never exist in USA! You may take a look on our new EPS-350C

Darn right it don't!

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson