SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2010, 04:48 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Build Log
90mm Matrix Video Added! Test flight complete.

This is going to be a slow build as I still need to gather up some electronics.
I received this last week from Bill.It is all fiberglass,including all the tail groups.All the hindges are sealed and I believe they are Kevlar hindged.It is flap/retract landing gear ready and has the rudder.The elevator/rudder are internally controlled using 3 servos.Has a very complete hardware package and even comes with thrust tube.Intake duct is all ready in place also.Here are some pictures after taking it out of the box.
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fh64_lucky; Jul 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 04:57 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
I started on mounting the wing first,that was pretty easy even for me.I took some measurements to make sure everything was square and taped wing to fuse.Drilled out rear wing mounting locations.Glued the blind nuts inside fuse and flipped jet over and reached in through canopy area and drilled 2 holes for front wing dowels.Now that that is done,I installed wing so I could move onto the tail group.After sanding the gelcoat away from surfaces,I glued the horizontals onto fuse,being carefull to keep them identicle and used wing as backup.After that was dry,I used the supplied glass cloth and covered both the top and bottom at the glue joint.Then I mixed up some epoxy and used the supplied Micro ballloons and filled the area in to make a nice smooth fillet.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fh64_lucky; Jun 06, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
While that was drying,I decided to build and setup the canopy.This was pretty easy,the wood frame was cut out allready and fit the glass canopy rather well.Glued hook onto front bottom of canopy ,and slid it on fuse.marked were the hatch lock was going to be,removed canopy and glued the supplied CF latch into place.The setup works really good,no slop in canopy to fuse at all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:04 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
I couldnt stand it,I had to see if the Horizontals were as smooth as my fingers told me they were.I painted them with 1 coat of paint to really see if I had any defects that must be sanded out.It really paid to sit down and spend some quality time on this step!I used the only paint I had sitting around me at the time,no brainer what color it is....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:24 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Wing is done other than installing servos.I cut the aileron hindge area and worked them up n down a few times.They are a little tight in one direction,so I maxed out that throw and used some masking tape to hold that.I am sure they will free up some more,I just had other things to do so maybee that tape will help me out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:52 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,190 Posts
wow!!! thats some quality stuff..any idea..when this kit is going to up for public?? who is going to sell?
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:59 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Looks like it came out of the moulds looking good.
Did you bond on the horizontal stabalizers or did you get it that way ?
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:04 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Well,Bill handmakes these and obviously pays attention to detail!The tail groups came that way,and install onto fuse over the molded tabs.There are CF spars that stick out,and go through fuse for even more support.I am telling you,this tail is bullit proof.He has CF ribbon on the inside that circle all the way around rear of fuse were tail parts are glueed on,3 rows of them.The wing is VERY strong,it is all fiberglass,with huge CF spars running in stratigic places.I cannot see any way to fold this wing....
I am going with a 12s setup in this,but lack some the electronics to get it done ,so this will take a few weeks to finish up.I plan on taking it to E-Jets this fall and chase the 110-120mm jets around...
Contact Getmore Rc on these forums,he will set you up right(thats Bill)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:06 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,592 Posts
Very Nice Joe
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jun 07, 2010, 03:45 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee View Post
wow!!! thats some quality stuff..any idea..when this kit is going to up for public?? who is going to sell?
We hope to be one of the first to stock 'em Mike.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Jun 07, 2010, 07:01 AM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
501 Posts
What Fan and motor are you planning to use on a 12S set up? I am excitied to see this build. I have been following Bill's Thread for about a year now watching him put this thing together. I am looking forward to seeing this jet fly. Definatly on my " got to get one" list!!
falconjet50 is online now Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
We hope to be one of the first to stock 'em Mike.
sweet...I will be looking for this..

Mike
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:56 AM
Matrix 90 & 100mm sport jet
Merritt Island Fl
Joined Aug 2008
1,046 Posts
Joe Very nice job. That is how it should look. Look foward to you flying it.

Bill
Getmore Rc is offline Find More Posts by Getmore Rc
Old Jun 07, 2010, 11:14 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts
Sweet!! Looking good Joe!

Keep us posted. I cant wait to see 'er flying fast!

Cheers, -R.
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Thanks guys,but credit goes to the guys that designed and made it.This has been an extremely nice build so far,everything fits together really well.
During the week it will get slow,trying to get alot of hours at work,Uncle Sam got me this year for quite a bit,and still recovering from that...I still need a 110HV controller,and some batteries but I will get there soon.Joe
RCG Plus Member