HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:11 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
Discussion
idiots who know nothing about boats

while down the local lake today dialing in my cat, i went towards the banked wall (did'nt hit it) when i got there and picked it up, the bloody idiot said '' it's got no reverse, must be cheap and crap'' at which point i said ''it has no reverse because i don't need it and no it's not cheap, theres about 300+ of boat there'' after that i kept mouth closed and walked away before i have a go at him, i feel sorry for people like that

BTW

42mm prop works great on the boat but i broke the tips because i forgot to re-adjust the strut, however, where i have the strut now, it planes quiet well
nick30head is offline Find More Posts by nick30head
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:43 AM
Crash
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Jun 2007
171 Posts
Yea I hear you. I been opperating real boats since I was seven. I love boats and planes. Especially off shore powerboats, and tunnel hulls. I has everything from a 64 12 ft mfg to a 42 foot cigarette boomtown. I play by the rules when I am in a boat. When jet skis got popular so many people bought them. These people never were on the water before. They were getting killed left and right. Drinking and doing drugs and rideing. Disobeying every rule. Well here in pa many lakes banned them, and even at certain beaches at the jersey shore. Granted, not all were like this. I had skis myself. But they were all crying that they were being singled out. And the coast gaurd was picking on them. Well the saying goes, one bad apple ruins it for everybody. This is how boating in general is getting. Sunday sailers are ruining it. This guy sounds like a real di*! he!*. Just the fact he touched your model, shows me that he disrespects the water. I would of thought he was helping you, but then I read the comment. He was talking about something he didn't even know about. Ignorant. The oceans bays lakes and so on are for us to use not own, it's a privledge, and we all need to respect it. Power boaters, fisherman, sail boaters, surfers and so on and yes even RC boaters need to get along for it to work. I know this gets off the main subject, and rambles on, and maybe the guy was even joking but this was uncalled for, and instead of you going off on him and him making that ignorant comment shows you were the one that made him look like a as? Ho:-@. Good job and you are a credit to the hobby.
zen3 is offline Find More Posts by zen3
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:45 AM
Crash
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Jun 2007
171 Posts
And as you can tell I can't spell. Reason, I have been in nursing for too long and everything written is abreviated. But my message is clear. Good job
zen3 is offline Find More Posts by zen3
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:24 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
thankyou for the compliment and your spellings fine zen, i just hate ignorant people, i had my kids with me, he had his kids with him, i have'nt been in the best of moods this weekend, told him what he needed to know and just walked away
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:38 AM
Joined May 2010
64 Posts
Nick, I think you handled it great! Some peoples children I tell ya! I like to do the smile and nod from time to time.

I think Ben Franklin said it best "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Hope you had fun with your kids And where are the new pics? Lets see those struts
dJC_0175 is offline Find More Posts by dJC_0175
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:47 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
thanks aswell djc, my boys had fun as they were swimming in the same lake i was boating, especially when i whizzed past them, it was a good day, they went in the park aswell

sorry there's no pics or video, but i will try my best to get some on here real soon

just needed to get some dialing in done first
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:56 AM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
ah u always get funny people,some good,some,not so good.......but i simply try to turn off ....yeh hard, i know... i can handle people talkin on about whatever turns them on.. but when people start throwing chunks of wood and crap in the water then..... i turn....what do u expect, when boat's aren't cheap and doing speeds inexcess of 70+kph ......anyways "respecta"
ferral is offline Find More Posts by ferral
Old Jun 06, 2010, 12:01 PM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
thx ferral

i broke the tips on my 42mm prop (still needs some dialing) can i use it as it is with no major lose of forward movement or do i need to buy a new one ??

this is the best one on my boat at which point i'll swap to a metal one

cheers guys
Old Jun 06, 2010, 12:15 PM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
np......... have a good one nick30head
ferral is offline Find More Posts by ferral
Old Jun 06, 2010, 12:30 PM
Joined May 2006
911 Posts
Rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick30head View Post
thanks aswell djc, my boys had fun as they were swimming in the same lake i was boating, especially when i whizzed past them, it was a good day, they went in the park aswell

sorry there's no pics or video, but i will try my best to get some on here real soon

just needed to get some dialing in done first
First rule with RC an fast electrics!!!!DO NOT RUN THEM WITH PEOPLE IN THE WATER SWIMMING OR NEAR BY!!!!!
Good thing as you where whizzing by your own kid ...You didn't loose control an hit them yah think!!!!!!

Idiot's that no nothing about boats!!!!!!!!! LOL......That's a good one fast moving Boats hurt people.....

If your hitting them with spray..Your not a 100yrds away..If the water spray from the boat hits them!!!So will the boat.Its common sense straight up...NO 2 WAYS AROUND IT!!!YOU DO NOT RUN BOATS NEAR PEOPLE...
mxz70017 is offline Find More Posts by mxz70017
Last edited by mxz70017; Jun 06, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2010, 12:39 PM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
there was plenty of room to whizz around, there was a good 100 yards and a wall between the boat and my boys as they were just splashing eachother, they could see over the wall as the tide was in, i'd whizz by and splash them with the rooster tail, theres a small pond walled of where the sailing guys play, sorry, i did'nt explain fully the area we were in, i'll get a couple of photo's of it

however, to say a boat is crap and cheap without knowing what your on about or even have no experience is one thing, as its an off weekend for me, i think i did very well not to start an arguement
Last edited by nick30head; Jun 06, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:17 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,257 Posts
my favorite thing to do with ignorant people is drive my go fast slowly, not even on plane, when they show up and tell you that your model is really slow, you open it up, it's really fun, because if they are directly behind the boat, they get a little wet too.
boaterguy is online now Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:43 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
cool, might try that one day
Old Jun 07, 2010, 07:13 AM
Joined Sep 2006
886 Posts
I was at a regatta at union station in ST.Louis once and a guy was on his cell phone and it was messing with the signal for the boats(this was 20 or so years ago) He was asked to turn the phone off and decides to get closer to the boats and the water to prove a point. Well one of the older guys pushed him in lol. There were signs all over saying please refrain from using your phone but some people dont read or care.
hazegry is offline Find More Posts by hazegry
Old Jun 07, 2010, 10:47 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
When others with minimal knowledge of the hobby have commented to me about not having a reverse I simply would tell them its ilegal to reverse when racing and so no reverse and then poilitly inform them that ToyRus had a sale on if they wanted to buy one and race me. LOL
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip