HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2010, 08:40 PM
GSMB Member
United States, NJ, Howell
Joined Mar 2008
1,789 Posts
Discussion
Are there much differences between radios?

I have a couple of Futaba radio's on 75mhz and one old Kraft radio on 27mhz. A few places look like they still have 75mhz radios. The ones I've seen are either Airtronics or Hitec. My Futaba's are fine with what I do with them. Before they are gone I would like to pick up a few radios on 75mhz for future boats I have in mind. Is there much difference in features and\or quality between these brands? They have been around a while, so I'm guessing no but would like to hear from you. More interested in 4 or 6 channel radios.
ken_nj is online now Find More Posts by ken_nj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 08:52 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
1,830 Posts
My opinion is that as long as it is a name brand (Futaba, Hitec, etc), and has servo reversing, they are all very similar. And worth keeping. I have many old 75mhz sets (2, 4 & 6 channel) for the simple boats. I prefer to have a radio in each of my sailboats as I offer them to my guests to sail. Can't do that if they all share one tx.

Dave
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Jun 05, 2010, 08:56 PM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,345 Posts
I have a Hitec Optic6 and it is a pretty good quality set, no dramas with it and reasonable price (before I discovered HobbyKing! LOL) I'm keeping it for Salvage Tug and going 2.4ghz for all my big warships. Also have an old SANWA (airetronics's AUSSIE brand label) 4ch Vanguard set that does duty swapping between my 2 speedboats (which will get a cheap 2ch HK GT3 2.4 set as $$ permit)

Cheers Bruce
HeavyCruser9 is offline Find More Posts by HeavyCruser9