HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MikeMayberry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 05, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101 View Post
Are you using the gu344 or the Naza? It makes a difference in terms of EPA and what not. I have a setup using the Naza and I have switch f to go from ATTI mode to manual mode.
Current incomplete thread help me make a mix on my aurora 9
Without doubt you will better understand the question and may be able to provide an answer to OP's Naza problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc5811 View Post
Right should have mentioned that - I have the GU-344. I can't get the quad off the ground without it tilting towards the #2 - #3 blades. So I reversed the facing of the GU-344 and the quad still tilts towards the #2 - #3 blades. I thought #1 - #4 blades were supposed to be the front. And I need to know how this GU-344 works. I know it stabilizes, but is it automagical or do I need to invoke something. Anyways if anyone can give me some pointers using this setup with the Aurora 9 that would be great.
Aurora 9 - TriCopter & MultiCopters
Has information pertaining to multirotor machines and their relative threads if further information is required.
Please attach a zip file, when setup is complete, to this thread for inclusive under:
Aurora 9 - Template Index: Acro, Glider, Helicopter, Rock Crawler, Tanks, Simulator.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, CA, Murrieta
Joined Apr 2012
44 Posts
Thanks but no help. Links to another incomplete thread about setting up the radio with a 300.
usmc5811 is offline Find More Posts by usmc5811
Old May 06, 2012, 09:20 AM
Posse Member
Joined Jun 2009
778 Posts
Eddie.C is offline Find More Posts by Eddie.C
Last edited by Eddie.C; May 06, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:19 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie.C View Post
My touch screen just all of a sudden stopped responding. I tried to calibrate ....nothing! Argh . Starting to get frustrated with it.
Wrong thread! Start your own thread if you have a question.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old May 06, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc5811 View Post
Thanks but no help. Links to another incomplete thread about setting up the radio with a 300.
Incomplete because OP had resolved his dilemma? At least the threads provided are a
gathering place with other users of that machine and similar machines who may have resolved
the problem, and be willing to share their findings/program.
Multirotor systems, whilst growing in popularity, are a very small part of the overall sport so would inquire
on (in need PM knowledgeable users as they may no longer monitor forum) exisiting multirotor threads for best results.
The programming of individual multirotor setup must be similar/adaptable between all Tx
with minor tweaks according to end points & any curves.
(If a Futaba (or rebadged/clone) setup, then channel will also need to be reversed.)
When your machine is flying well, please attach tips & a copy of the Zip file to this thread.

Alan T.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
Venezuela, Zulia, Ciudad Ojeda
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Can someone forward the configuration for the hobby lobby f-18?
earanguren is offline Find More Posts by earanguren
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earanguren View Post
Can someone forward the configuration for the hobby lobby f-18?
Two quite different models, which one?
. Hobby Lobby F/A-18 Hornet ARF Review
. Hobby-Lobby J-Power F/A-18 Tiger Scheme Review

Neither model set up here, so unable to provide an immediate data file, the video and information
attached above may assist, as well as:
. Hobby Lobby F/A-18 Super Hornet build log, setup tips/tricks, tweaks, troubleshooting
-- "Not sure how the aurora 9 is set up but if all else fails just Y the 2 vector pitch servos to the
elevator servos and you good. The tv yaw should already be y'd with steering.
You really dont need VT roll with ailerons as I dont use it. = Post #2099:
-- " I was using the Hitec Aurora 9 and 9 channel RX " = Post #2126,
a pm to "J-ACE" direct for his setup would not hurt.

If answer not found above, nor to your crosspost other forum RCG, pm details of your model
and exisiting servo installation, rather than continue discussion on this thread,for a direct response.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Does anyone have an A9 program for a Trex 450 DFC with a 3gx? I know I'm asking alot but figured it was worth a shot.
srgfitness is offline Find More Posts by srgfitness
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:06 PM
Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Joined Aug 2010
95 Posts
Blade 400

Hello people, does anyone have a template for Blade 400 Eflite Helicopter?

Thanks in advance.
tolice is offline Find More Posts by tolice
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:42 AM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,238 Posts
Hello all, thought I should share my current DLG setup. I started with the article that G.T. wrote on setting up a DLG and have fine tuned it from there.

I have swapped the momentary switch from position H to F ( I unsoldered and resolders the switches )

Mode 2
Switch F - Launch Preset
Switch E - Back Speed Middle Cruise Front Thermal
Left slider - Camber adujstment ( setup different for each flight mode )

Added 1-30-2013
Removed extra mix that I was messing with and forgot was there, it did not work anyways.
Right slider - Launch elevator preset adjustment, Holding switch F slider up is more elevator down is less. ( I added this as a way to make adjustments quickly on the field as winds change )

-alan
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Alan C; Jan 31, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, PA, Macungie
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Post them here with a good description!

In the near future we'll put these on the Hitec website.

Mike.
Have you ever seen a setup for the Pelican "Grace" elec sailplane? I have one but never flew it. I have an Aurora 9 on the way so will get the plane out of mothballs. The Grace was a 2.5 meter and seems quite similar to the new Mystique with ailerons, flaps, reflex and crow.

Any help?
Vieux Charles is offline Find More Posts by Vieux Charles
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:14 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora 9 - Program Full House EP Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieux Charles View Post
Have you ever seen a setup for the Pelican "Grace" elec sailplane?
I have one but never flew it. I have an Aurora 9 on the way so will get the plane out of mothballs.
The Grace was a 2.5 meter and seems quite similar to the new Mystique with ailerons, flaps, reflex and crow.
Any help?
Very little information available on an "EP Grace" except that it is an EP Full-house RC Glider suitable for beginners.
Upload any of the following examples as a guide to your own set up - can be deleted after trials.
. AURORA 9 - TEMPLATES Index.
Provides similar setups under GLIDER (SAILPLANE):
. Sailplane and Motorised Sailplane Typical Set Up.
. Cularis - MPX - EP Fullhouse Glider
. Omega 2.5 w/flaps
. Radian Pro (Parkzone)

see also:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:40 AM
United States, PA, Macungie
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Very little information available on an "EP Grace" except that it is an EP Full-house RC Glider suitable for beginners.
Upload any of the following examples as a guide to your own set up - can be deleted after trials.
. AURORA 9 - TEMPLATES Index.
Provides similar setups under GLIDER (SAILPLANE):
. Sailplane and Motorised Sailplane Typical Set Up.
. Cularis - MPX - EP Fullhouse Glider
. Omega 2.5 w/flaps
. Radian Pro (Parkzone)

see also:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
Thanks for the help. The Grace also had a sister ship. The Elegant. Both were very very similar to the E Flite Mystique in size,layout, performance. Of course E flite only supports and has setups for the Spektrum Dx8.
The big thing I want tou get set up properly is the flaps, crow and camber changing functions with the linked aileron and flap settings.
Vieux Charles is offline Find More Posts by Vieux Charles
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:30 PM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
676 Posts
I have following problem:
F-15 with flaps and tailerons. Should I set it up like flying wing with 2 tail servos , 2 ailerons and 2 flaps? Or something else?

Another thing. I want to use 3 -way switch for flaps, not the slider. I do not like using sliders..
How I can change the middle point percentage of movement for 3 way switch? Now flaps come half down with middle setting and I want them to come down less for takeoff flaps.

Thanks!
Ceeray is offline Find More Posts by Ceeray
Old Apr 07, 2013, 11:28 AM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
calypso

hi all. 4 servo wing calypso with flaps travelling 2/3 of the way up & down in relation to ailerons. throttle lock on switch f which then turns j3 into reflex and camber, center is neutral. j3 has to be returned to zero or bottom to engage back to motor. butterfly on left slider and disabled when switch f is on. used 5 p-mixes to get crow on slider via aux 1. only way i could figure it out....maybe took the long way around it.
so switch f off i have crow to land and motor on in case i need it and put my rates/expo on switch a. works on the bench, have yet to fly it and do adjustments.
rod22 is offline Find More Posts by rod22