HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MikeMayberry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Hope some day i can see the acromaster here

Thank you Mike, for the funcub
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:20 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,193 Posts
New Sailplane set ups

Standard tail with Launch, Crow, and the camb/reflex settings on a switch (Pike Perfect)

V-tail with Crow and camb/reflex setting on the slider (Vento)

Note that both these models have the flap servos are centered at about mid flap so they are assigned to the CT digital adjuster to allow them to be at neutral in all condition. This will vary with each model so you may want to disconnect the flap linkage when using this set up to make sure that you don't overdrive the flaps if your neutral position is different.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is online now Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Oct 04, 2010, 07:47 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paderflying View Post
Hello everybody

(first post - hope I play along the rules :-)

With respect to posting #4 in this thread:

Without knowing precisely the context of this discussion, it seems like it did meet my need: having throttle and crow and the same stick, switchable according to flight mode.

I tried to duplicate this, and did achieve the desired results, without having to resort to Channel 9. Various flight modes, mode butterfly being the highest priority one. It turns off the Aux1-> Throttle mixer. So that seems to work just as well? (Or maybe I was missing context...?)

My real question: This is great, but I want a countdown timer on the throttle stick. With this setup, this timer counts down also when doing butterfly with engine off. That's not a tragedy, but it isn't too nice either.

Any ideas how to get around that?

Btw, the idea of virtual channels is appealing. I second that - no point in wasting actual, rare channels for such a setup!

Thanks and best regards,

Holger
concerned about the changing of the throttle channel. I have some pretty banged up fingers and one of the selling points on the A9 to me is the throttle lock. Nahum have you thought about adding possibly another switch that is not used to be a throttle lock in this config?

thanks Mike R
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:11 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
concerned about the changing of the throttle channel. I have some pretty banged up fingers and one of the selling points on the A9 to me is the throttle lock. Nahum have you thought about adding possibly another switch that is not used to be a throttle lock in this config?

thanks Mike R
Might just try hanging a stylus around your neck to depress the throttle lock icon.

Also, I'll bet one of the real brains we have on this thread is thinking up a method of programing the throttle lock to a switch as you requested.
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:40 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
I posted some details of how I have flaps and butterfly setup on a full house e-sailplane in another thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330135

The setup is a bit mickey-mouse (tm) as I believe the flap config in the Aurora 9 is not easy to use WRT setting the neutral offset.

Alan (AT) asked me to upload my files in this thread.

I have two files;
1. Omega 2.5 with flaps. This is the Omega 1.8 with the additional centre wing panel including two flaps. I bought this used and so the geometry of the flap servos was set with servo neutral being 45 degrees down. It took me some time to figure out how to get the Aurora 9 to use the flaps as configured. I have flown this model but I have not yet really trimmed it out so no guarantees on this config. Other thing to note is motor on switch F with throttle lock on B. I have moved the spring loaded switch from the right hand side (H) to the left (F) to use for motor and as a launch mode for DLG. There is a quirk in the throttle lock software whereby you have to toggle the lock switch at TX power-up for the lock to engage. I think the radio should detect the position of the lock switch at startup and engage from the get-go. IMHO.

2. Bingo (a.k.a. Pulsar 2.5). This model is a WIP and the program here only really has the flaps and butterfly setup.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Dean
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:26 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
Parkzone Radian Pro setup

Attached is the setup for the Radian Pro.

For description, see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=307

Cheers
Dean
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:30 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
Great Planes Spirit Elite ARF

Attached is my setup for the Spirit Elite ARF.

Cheers
Dean
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:10 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Hey guys, new to the A9. Can any of you guys tell me what ACC and OST is/does specifically?
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:24 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
Hey guys, new to the A9. Can any of you guys tell me what ACC and OST is/does specifically?
Answered other post

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:10 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Someone have the easyglider setup?
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:44 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jun 2004
164 Posts
Pace F4 and Pace DSH from Leskycomposite

Attached two setups for the Pace f4 (3m) and Pace DSH (2m) slope glider (ailerons/flaps/crosstail)
My way to fly:
- Butterfly on throttle stick (with SWF to switch on/off)
- slight camber changes on Left slider
- Ailerons-to-flap mix with SWG
- Flight conditions SWC (I just use launch/speed)
cgraf is offline Find More Posts by cgraf
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:49 AM
Rosh-Pina, Israel
Joined Sep 2001
45 Posts
Cularis setup for V1.08

When updating from V1.07 to V1.08 the cularis program was completely unusable.
It was much easier to start a new program from scratch.
So here it is
5 flight modes controlled by C and E.
Motor controlled by J3 in all Flight modes except Landing.
In landing mode: Motor off, butterfly controlled by J3.
Camber controlled by Lt with adjustment from CT (can be fine tuned separately in every flight mode)

Enjoy
Nahum
nahum is offline Find More Posts by nahum
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2008
473 Posts
Enigma hotliner A9 setup V1.08 attached

Enigma hotliner: 4 servos wing, T-tail and motor. I replaced the F switch for the Momentary Long Toggle switch (Futaba ML-1FLP Trainer Switch Long:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXCLP5&P=K) to control the motor, momentary for ON and no more than 4 seconds for each climb.
Model Type: Acro, because in Glid I didnīt find the Thr. curve function.
Flight Condition: Normal, Launch, Camber, Reflex, Land(butterfly).
Wing Type: 2AILE + 2FLAP
Tail Type: Normal
Failsafe set: Butterfly
Timer1: Up. Switch F. to check the motor ON time.
Butterfly deployed with switch B.
Left Flap adjustment from LT, right Flap adjustment from CT.
Camber controlled by LS.
Optima 9 rx: redundancy power (Channel 8 and 9). SPC not used it.
miche is offline Find More Posts by miche
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
337 Posts
F3J/TD Open Class Sailplane setups

My firmware version is 1.08(0)

Mode 2, (default) Aurora 9
Channel 1 right aileron
Channel 2 left aileron
Channel 3 elevator
Channel 4 rudder
Channel 5 right flap
Channel 6 left flap

With the exception of the right & left ailerons being swapped, this is a typical configuration for JR & AT.

CAUTION: PUT YOUR THROTTLE STICK IN THE MIDDLE BEFORE TURNING ON YOUR SAILPLANE!!!!!

These setups are for a 6 channel V-tail sailplane with flap control on the throttle stick, positive camber only on the Left Slider, (“LS”) from center down. Aileron coupled to Flaps, (on/off w/switch, (“G”)) three, (3) flight conditions, (Launch, Normal & Reflex using switch “E”), Elevator compensation for Flaps all flight modes & Aileron to Rudder mixing.

Stratos = Simple, (NO Flight Conditions) that includes the above functions. Reflex is obtained using the Landing menu, Launch using the Launch menu. Flight modes, (Launch & Reflex) are controlled by switch "E" positions 0 & 2 with the use of the Butterfly menu for Flap to Elevator compensation. “LS” adjusted by Camber Mix menu using switch “E” ON in the center position, (Normal). You could add negative camber also.
Limitations:
One rate for Rudder mix & always on. One rate for Aileron to Flap mix, (switch “G” on/off).

Stratos #3 = Flight Conditions, (Launch, Normal & Reflex) on switch “E”. Aileron to Rudder mix rate & Aileron to Flap mix controlled by Flight Condition & “S”. Aileron to Flap mix on/off with switch “G”. Butterfly menu used for Flap to Elevator compensation, (no switch assigned = always on). Camber Mix, (“LS”) controlled by Flight Condition & only needs a value, (for me) in Normal for Flaps & Ailerons. Launch menu used for Launch & Reflex, (switch “E”). Landing menu not used.

Limitations:
A stick/throttle switch would be a big + for turning off the Aileron to Flap mix.

Don’t have a V-tail? Select - System/MDL Type/Tail, (V-tail) & change to Normal

FLAP CONtrol “NOT” used in either sailplane setup. Implementation needs work!

Suggestions, Better Way, Ideas are welcome about firmware 1.08
I would love to hear them in this thread or PM.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Last edited by LowWatts; Aug 06, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:38 PM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
337 Posts
Yes I know I could use a P-mix 6 or 7 or 8 and get a nice Flap to Elevator compensator, but this is KISS most importantly.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts