HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MikeMayberry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
Discussion
Aurora model set ups/templates

Post them here with a good description!

In the near future we'll put these on the Hitec website.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
Sailplane and Sailplane w/motor

Note these are configured to my radio which is mode 1 so you may have to change the gimbal assignment in the channel menu.

Mike.
Old Jun 05, 2010, 01:58 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,168 Posts
Here is the setup I am using for an Art Hobby Ibis-ET. The motor is on the LS, Butterfly on J3 but backwards of how most use it, Ail->Rudder mixing on G, camber control on RS, and full span ailerons on C. The wing is a four servo wing, the tail is a conventional tail, and a Castle ICE50 Lite for the ESC and BEC. The SPC is connected to the flight pack which is a 4s A123 2300.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:39 PM
Rosh-Pina, Israel
Joined Sep 2001
45 Posts
Setup for electric fullhouse glider MPX Cularis

Qoute: (adopted from Mike B)
"I assigned throttle to channel 8 (J3) with channel 7 being Aux1 (Null) then pmixed Throttle to Aux1 which can be changed in all flight conditions assigned. This will allow you to do what you ask here. I had to assign Aux2 to channel 9 and then assigned it to the same switch that activated B-fly & condition named B-fly. Then I mixed Aux2 to Aux1 so that when activated the throttle goes to low. Remember, ESC is plugged into CH7 Aux1.

I know it sounds confusing, but once you understand these techniques other set ups you follow!

Also remember that higher flight conditions have higher priority, and that P-mixes 6,7, & 8 have point curves where the first 5 are linier. "

Mike, A brilliant solution if I may say so.
I programed accordingly - Thank you very much

There are two caveats
1. If you are using a 3 points switch for a multiple flight modes (In my case SwE for Launch Normal Landing SwC Speed Normal Thermal) and SwE for B-fly (crow) in Landing than you must have active throttle control J3 in all other flight mode - may actually be an advantage compared to the JR 9303 set up.
2. you run out of channels (You may trick channel 9 Aux2 to control landing gear - i will have to think about that!) a better solution is to have channel assignment per flight mod and / or to have additional virtual channels in the program (no point to assign bandwidth of transmission and output in the receiver to an internal logical operator.

A setup for multiplex Cularis 4 servo wing, electric motor controlled by J3 in all flight mode except Landing. J3 control Crow (butterfly) in landing.
Please note that in Crow upper travel of Ailerons may be limited because of EPA limitation creating adverse yaw. Thus the amount of reflex in the ailerons is limited. you might want to set 140 EPA on ailerons - be sure the servo linkage does not bind.
In my setup Flaps are controlled by LT switch rather than Lt slider. camber is controlled by Rt Slider.
Please note that Throtle lock is not working in this setup because the ESC is controlled by AX1. J3 and Ax2 are mixed to Ax1 depending on flight mode
Some screen shots were posted earlier in this forum (look for my post - nahum)

in summary
Channel 7=>AUX1=> ESC (but NOT assigned as throttle in the Program!!!)
Channel 8 =>J3 mixed to Aux1 not connected to anything
Channel 9 =>Aux 2 SwE - flight mode - Crow landing

Enjoy

Nahum
nahum is offline Find More Posts by nahum
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:54 AM
Yakima Wa.
Joined Jan 2005
112 Posts
i have win zip 14.5 but every time i try to open any of these zips all i get is a window that says unknown file type or a window that says new or a window that wants to know what program i want use to open it with. i've tried word, note pad, and adobe and all i get is the names of the functions motor.flaps etc followed by a bunch of zeros i'm at a lost cheers
paneman is offline Find More Posts by paneman
Old Jun 07, 2010, 11:42 AM
Rosh-Pina, Israel
Joined Sep 2001
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paneman View Post
i have win zip 14.5 but every time i try to open any of these zips all i get is a window that says unknown file type or a window that says new or a window that wants to know what program i want use to open it with. i've tried word, note pad, and adobe and all i get is the names of the functions motor.flaps etc followed by a bunch of zeros i'm at a lost cheers
You need HPP-22 and A9 to see the file on the A9 transmitter. the program does not support preview on the PC as yet.
Updatethe A9 Tx to firmware 1.06 first
Best Nahum
nahum is offline Find More Posts by nahum
Old Jun 07, 2010, 11:48 AM
Yakima Wa.
Joined Jan 2005
112 Posts
nahum thanks so much. i was trying to open it on the pc and was going around in circles still waiting for my A9 with the 72 hz mod. tower says sept. again thanks so much cheers
paneman is offline Find More Posts by paneman
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere, in my dreams probably, that hitec and multiplex would be providing templates for multiplex planes for the aurora 9. Am I crazy?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:01 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I thought I heard somewhere, in my dreams probably, that hitec and multiplex would be providing templates for multiplex planes for the aurora 9. Am I crazy?
We either had the same dream or read the same thread I think Mike mentioned in the main A9 thread that the website would likely have templates at a later date and that multiplex planes would likely be used first... Imagine that.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:13 PM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Hello everybody

(first post - hope I play along the rules :-)

With respect to posting #4 in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahum View Post
Qoute: (adopted from Mike B)
"I assigned throttle to channel 8 (J3) with channel 7 being Aux1 (Null) then pmixed Throttle to Aux1 which can be changed in all flight conditions

(... snip ....)

in summary
Channel 7=>AUX1=> ESC (but NOT assigned as throttle in the Program!!!)
Channel 8 =>J3 mixed to Aux1 not connected to anything
Channel 9 =>Aux 2 SwE - flight mode - Crow landing
Without knowing precisely the context of this discussion, it seems like it did meet my need: having throttle and crow and the same stick, switchable according to flight mode.

I tried to duplicate this, and did achieve the desired results, without having to resort to Channel 9. Various flight modes, mode butterfly being the highest priority one. It turns off the Aux1-> Throttle mixer. So that seems to work just as well? (Or maybe I was missing context...?)

My real question: This is great, but I want a countdown timer on the throttle stick. With this setup, this timer counts down also when doing butterfly with engine off. That's not a tragedy, but it isn't too nice either.

Any ideas how to get around that?

Btw, the idea of virtual channels is appealing. I second that - no point in wasting actual, rare channels for such a setup!

Thanks and best regards,

Holger
paderflying is offline Find More Posts by paderflying
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
You could set the activation point higher so that your only counting down when you're close to full throttle stick?

Mike.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:06 AM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
You could set the activation point higher so that your only counting down when you're close to full throttle stick?

Mike.
Sure - which then makes timing the engine runtime less accurate. There's probably a good tradeoff there, true enough.

Thanks and best,

Holger
paderflying is offline Find More Posts by paderflying
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:13 PM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
Trex 450 Sport

Here is a Template for the Trex 450 Sport stock motor, ESC & Gyro
Aileron- channel 1
Elevator- channel 2
Pitch- Channel 3
Rudder- Channel 4
Gyro-channel 5
Esc(motor) -channel 6

Set-up for Normal, Idle 1, Idle 2 and Hold

Hold on Switch -SW(F) Down is Hold

P&T Curves on Switch-SW(C)
Normal at bottom position,
Idle 1 in Middle & Idle 2 Up position
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Last edited by fierce; Aug 05, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:07 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,463 Posts
Here is my F3F program:

Flight modes on Switch E/ adjustable with right slider

Snap Flaps on H

Aileron/Flap Coupling on G

Aileron Rudder on B

Crow on Throttle stick with a offset

I would like to set up a offset for the snap flaps or expo to keep the from moving when i only pull up slightly.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,199 Posts
Fun Cub set up with B-Fly set to the throttle or individual control with the left slider (LS.) Also rudder to aileron mix for flat turns and aileron to rudder for hard flying.

Note: This is a Mode 1 set up with throttle on the J2 and elevator on J3 so you will need to go into the channel menu to change these assignments for Mode 2.

Also note that I'm using the SPC so the low battery warning is set for 9.9v for 3S Lipo.

Mike.