SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 04, 2010, 11:25 PM
Right Wing Loon
Santee CA.
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Discussion
If you are waiting for Hobby King order keep waiting

I just got off the phone with hobby king (hk) China about my late order and here is what they told me.
Story...
May 11 I made a average order, a couple ESCs a BL motor some servos ect. May12 I get 2 emails, 1 saying order went to wharehouse and one that said order was shipped. June 2 I send an email wondering why my tracking # does not work and wondering where my order was (three weeks is kinda for stuff from them). June 3 I get a email from them saying we will contact you soon with a case # (no one contacted me). I just called them after I noticed something on my hk account page that said:
"Air transport delay.
Please be aware that the Hong Kong/China Airports have placed an increased focus on parcel security. This has delayed many orders for up to 7 days.
If you find that your order is marked as shipped but does not have a tracking number, or the tracking number isnt working, please do not be alarmed. Over the coming days the tracking numbers will be registered as the Airport filters through the backlog of parcels.
To help reduce the backlog, we're shipping out alot of orders via alternative express methods and via different countries. This is helping to reduce a possible 2-3 week backlog to around 1 week only. We are doing this at a considerable cost to us and hope you can appreciate the extra effort we're taking to avoid these delays which are out of our control.
The current delay is expected for another 7 days and we will update this message early next week or as soon as there is any change the the current status." After talking to them they said it will be another 2-3 weeks for the order to get here to So Calif. So be patient I guess.
P1Gunslinger is offline Find More Posts by P1Gunslinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:38 AM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,184 Posts
Did your "average order" include lipo packs ...because the shipping of them is being held up by Chinese postal system. HK say they will be sending bulk shipments of lipos to a Seattle warehouse via a different privite carrier to correct this problem. North American orders will be filled from the Seattle warehouse in future.

(Also aircraft-world in Japan will be using Fedex cargo to transport their lipo packs to North America)

Air carriers have increased their regulations on transporting lithium cells.

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Jun 05, 2010, 11:49 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,460 Posts
my last order did seem to take a few extra days...but it did get here, reasonable

only had 1 li-po in the order
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jun 06, 2010, 01:14 AM
40.923, -90.0194
Joined Jan 2010
47 Posts
I've also got an order that's been held up for a week or so, still not listing as shipped. I received the same exact e-mail from HobbyKing about the "Air transport delay".

I just ordered a small inrunner and an ESC... can't they just slip that one by? lol

Guess I shouldn't expect it for a while
Kromium is offline Find More Posts by Kromium
Old Jun 07, 2010, 10:37 AM
Right Wing Loon
Santee CA.
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Thanks for the info, Bill Yes I had 4 lipos. My main complaint was that it took 22 days before they let me know that they were redirecting the shipping.

Neil
P1Gunslinger is offline Find More Posts by P1Gunslinger
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:49 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
I just ordered 2 escs from HK. Arrived in 7days from the day I ordered. East coast. Airmail - cheapest option. Fastest delivery ever for me.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,616 Posts
LOL , i returned a bad speed control march 8th , they are still givving me the run around about that , funny thing at same time i returned speed control , i returned its program card , and they already for refunded it ....
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
40.923, -90.0194
Joined Jan 2010
47 Posts
My order has been apparently packed in the box, awaiting shipment for 6 days now. The email says to wait 48hrs for shipping info to be displayed. A little slow in my opinion... it's just a small motor and 40amp esc...

I ordered them 3 weeks ago via EMS shipping... lol what a waste.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:46 PM
Too much power = Just enough
East Liverpool, Ohio The armpit of America
Joined Apr 2007
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromium View Post
My order has been apparently packed in the box, awaiting shipment for 6 days now. The email says to wait 48hrs for shipping info to be displayed. A little slow in my opinion... it's just a small motor and 40amp esc...

I ordered them 3 weeks ago via EMS shipping... lol what a waste.
I would demand a refund!
misplacedtexan is offline Find More Posts by misplacedtexan
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:50 PM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
I wonder WHEN THE WEB VENDERS ARE GOING TO BLAME GULF OIL SPILL ON OVER DUE ORDERS lol bp watch out here comes the rc vendors looking to blame anyone and anything for back orders
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:56 PM
40.923, -90.0194
Joined Jan 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplacedtexan View Post
I would demand a refund!
I was going to get a refund tonight... however, my package mysteriously arrived today. My order is still "Status:Paid, Processing" on my hobbyking account page... lol? They sent it out without knowing it? Maybe i should demand a refund now??
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:45 AM
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Gunslinger View Post
I just got off the phone with hobby king (hk) China about my late order and here is what they told me.
Story...
May 11 I made a average order, a couple ESCs a BL motor some servos ect. May12 I get 2 emails, 1 saying order went to wharehouse and one that said order was shipped. June 2 I send an email wondering why my tracking # does not work and wondering where my order was (three weeks is kinda for stuff from them). June 3 I get a email from them saying we will contact you soon with a case # (no one contacted me). I just called them after I noticed something on my hk account page that said:
"Air transport delay.
Please be aware that the Hong Kong/China Airports have placed an increased focus on parcel security. This has delayed many orders for up to 7 days.
If you find that your order is marked as shipped but does not have a tracking number, or the tracking number isnt working, please do not be alarmed. Over the coming days the tracking numbers will be registered as the Airport filters through the backlog of parcels.
To help reduce the backlog, we're shipping out alot of orders via alternative express methods and via different countries. This is helping to reduce a possible 2-3 week backlog to around 1 week only. We are doing this at a considerable cost to us and hope you can appreciate the extra effort we're taking to avoid these delays which are out of our control.
The current delay is expected for another 7 days and we will update this message early next week or as soon as there is any change the the current status." After talking to them they said it will be another 2-3 weeks for the order to get here to So Calif. So be patient I guess.
many parcels were backlog last few monthes in HongKong (China),it may be better if shiped from Shanghai ,but the price is little expensive.
Aotell is offline Find More Posts by Aotell
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:12 PM
Have glue gun, will travel...
USA, NY, LONG ISLAND
Joined Mar 2004
870 Posts
I wish that I had read this thread after placing two orders this week! (doh!)
Ken1.8T is offline Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
September 2010
United States, OR, Lakeview
Joined Oct 2009
332 Posts
I got my parcel after waiting just over 3 weeks for an EMS order. I was going to order more parts today but after loading up my cart I looked at the HK forum to see how shipping and packing were going. After reading almost 3 pages and hundreds of posts, complaints, lost orders and just orders that no one knows where they are I will be waiting till the smoke clears. HK has nice products but if you can't get them in a timely fashion what is the use? I did order some lipos from a US site and paid 25 cents more for each one compared to HK.
Outback Joe is offline Find More Posts by Outback Joe
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,184 Posts
I placed a small order tonight..6/23/10, (1 lipo pack, 1 servo, some connectors). Let's see how long it takes to get here via "International Air-Mail" ..I say 10 days..!

update..
6/24..6:45am- email from Packer 28...order has been PACKED,
6/24..7:10am- email that order has SHIPPED,

7/12...DELIVERED

Humm..19 days...!

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Last edited by retiredVTT; Jul 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM.