HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2010, 09:54 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,171 Posts
Alert
HobbyZone Champ RTF Group Buy in Middle TN: $87.80 per plane (including tax)

Hey Middle Tennesseans,

Wanted to pass along a deal opportunity. I'm trying to get together a group buy for the new HobbyZone Champ RTF airplane, normally $90 + tax. My LHS said if I can get 10 or more people lined up to buy a HZ Champ, they'll sell them to us for $80 + tax each (local tax here is 9.75%, so that would work out to $87.80 after tax per Champ). That's a little over 10% off per plane.

I had a chance to fly this little plane last weekend at a friend's place, and it was sweet! Bigger than a Parkzone Micro Cessna/Citabria/Cub, but smaller than the HZ Mini SuperCub, so still gym flyable. But we were flying outdoors in a pretty decent breeze and they were doing very respectably! I couldn't believe it. That wind would've carried my little Citabria away in a heartbeat. Lots of fun for some quick in-the-front-yard flying after work, and I'd say it would make a pretty decent trainer aircraft for new pilots, too.

If anyone in the Middle TN area is interested, let me know. Once I get 10 buyers lined up, I'll start collecting funds and go down to the LHS to order them all up.

- Dave
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,602 Posts
I would be very interested except that I am 900 miles away from you.
John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:24 AM
Gloucester, VA
Joined Jun 2009
269 Posts
check the price at myatomic.com

this is not an advert. They just have good prices.
gbass01 is offline Find More Posts by gbass01
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stick bling
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:00 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,171 Posts
I meant to come back and update this ... no longer trying to get the group buy together. With Bing.com's 8% cashback on eBay "Buy it Now" purchases, you can get yourself a Champ with 2 batteries instead of one for a total of just $82.79 shipped. Or buy it direct from Horizon Hobby with no tax for most people and get free shipping for Father's Day for $89.99 shipped (only comes with the single original lipo, though).

Internet sales are making it very hard for the local shops to stay afloat!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:00 PM
Colorado Springs, CO.
Joined Mar 2009
327 Posts
I picked one up at a semi-local hobby Shop in Littleton, CO. for $69.99 plus sales tax. It requires one of their coupons, and you have to pick it up in their store.
Scarface26 is offline Find More Posts by Scarface26
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:00 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,171 Posts
Yeah, I got myself one for $69.99 at the local HobbyTown USA this past week with their $20 off $100 coupon (well, technically I got it plus a couple of mSR parts to make up the required $100, but I still think of it as $70 for the Champ and then the regular $12 retail for the mSR parts, because I feel better than way. ).