Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 04, 2010, 07:56 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,129 Posts
Discussion
Anyone used the FMS P-51 as a scale FPV ship??

Hey Guy's,

Have any of you used the FMS P-51 Mustang as an FPV platform? Surely i can be the first?? Post away of any mods or the setup you have used!

Here is what i have done so far. Firstly these things are pretty big chucks of foam! plenty of room for all your FPV gear and then some. 57" wingspan and only about 3lbs flying weight. I have started maying a replacement canopy section as i want to be able to fly this in "normal" trim when not FPVing with it.

Thanks

dave
ticketec is online now Find More Posts by ticketec
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:43 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Hey Guy's,

Have any of you used the FMS P-51 Mustang as an FPV platform? Surely i can be the first?? Post away of any mods or the setup you have used!

Here is what i have done so far. Firstly these things are pretty big chucks of foam! plenty of room for all your FPV gear and then some. 57" wingspan and only about 3lbs flying weight. I have started maying a replacement canopy section as i want to be able to fly this in "normal" trim when not FPVing with it.

Thanks

dave
heh heh I have the same thing in mind... and I'm Bris too lol

I'm waiting for either my Scherrer or Dragon Lr uhf to turn up before I try fpv, but I'm getting my P-51 together atm.
I bought my Muz 2nd hand, she's been butchered considerably. I'm trashing the half-arsed retracts & I have some servoless worm drive retracts going in, plus I've only just tracked down a replacement steerable tail wheel assembly.

My Muz doesn't have flaps- does yours, and are they worth fitting?

I had much the same idea as what you're doing with the canopy, but I'm going to visit a plastics mob in Capalaba, see if they sell a clear plastic suitable for making a glass canopy.

I'm hoping this P-51 will be good for low n fast fpv- I have an 11" prop to swing off it, should make it interesting!
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'