USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,840 Posts
Discussion
PZ Radian or PZ T-28?????

hello, just wanted input on if I should skip the Radian and go
straight with the T-28.

I flew the heck out of my aileron Super Cub....

will the Radian be too slow for me?
much input needed....thanks
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined Apr 2009
33 Posts
Two totally different styles of flying. If you like powered gliders get the radian. If you like warbirds get the T-28. If you like aircraft, get both!

-J
jon.f1 is offline Find More Posts by jon.f1
Old Jun 03, 2010, 05:08 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,146 Posts
Yeah, they're nothing alike. If you want to fly fast and do some aerobatics get the T-28. It's a great plane.
On the other hand, if you want to catch thermals and float around the sky for a hour or so on a single battery - get the radian.
I have both. Right now the Radian gets more flying time, but that's because it's new. Also, I'm not much of a speed fiend.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 PM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
Like the guys said, the T28 and the Radian are totally different types of flying. The T28 is a great pattern flier and you have to concentrate on flying it. While flying the Radian you can do some wool gathering on the side without getting into trouble.

Since you've been doing an HZSC with ailerons, you should have a blast with the T28. It flies about the same as the PZ Corsair, and both are stable at all speeds and great aerobatic performers. Like the SC both are durable and easy to fix. My aileron SC and Corsair are still my favorite planes.

Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Old Jun 03, 2010, 07:51 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
Sounds like you really want the T-28, but are under the impression you need to progress with the Radian. This is not the case. I haven't flown the Radian (yet), but I would think the skill level is about the same for both. They are both one up from the Super Cub. It's a fork in the road for you. Get the plane you really want. I can say the T-28 is super easy to fly. My newbie crashes were all due from trying to land in small strips of runway, and crashing into stuff at ground level. Fortunately, it all glues back together and continues to look and fly as good as the first flight.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jun 03, 2010, 10:59 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,840 Posts
thanks for the input fellas....
who knows, maybe I'll acquire both
the T-28 and the Radian....

I just want the proper progression....
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jun 04, 2010, 07:33 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
Get em both, this way you can fly whichever one that your flying mood desires. There are times when I want to fly to relax and times when I am out for the rush!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Jun 04, 2010, 10:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. When I want a relaxing time of flying, I set my throttle stick to 4 on the Radian. When I want a hair raising experience that leaves me sweaty and wide eyed, with my heart beating through my chest... I set the throttle to 5.

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 04, 2010, 10:51 AM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Apples and oranges.
My vote is for the more acidic T-28
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Jun 04, 2010, 11:14 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
220 Posts
I personally recommend upgrading your cub with ailerons, put a bigger esc and motor, and spin a bigger prop, and get a radian The cub will feel like a totally different plane. I have a e-flite 480 motor spinning a 10/8 prop. This will suck your little 1300 lipo dry but you can use these in the radian, and get some of the 2200's with a 25-30c burst. Cub will zip around like a little jackrabbit Just my opinion tho of course
silentwarrior is offline Find More Posts by silentwarrior
Old Jun 06, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
The T-28 would be your best bet if you are into speed and aerobatics. If you really are into aerobatics I would wait for the new Parkzone Extra 300 to come out. (mid June) If you want long, slow, high and non aerobatic planes; get the Radian. Goodluck!
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC