HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:04 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,679 Posts
Dean, dumb question: the white sockets for the green Multiplex connectors... what are they?

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:07 PM
dare to thermal
Mannheim, Germany
Joined May 2004
552 Posts
Hi Dieter,

i think this will help to understand...
http://www.nessel-elektronik.de/Mehr...en-03-ha-a.gif

Bernd
Bernd Brunner is online now Find More Posts by Bernd Brunner
Old Jul 18, 2010, 03:50 PM
Joined Oct 2004
597 Posts
I found them at Hobby Lobby. They come in a package with the 6 pin Multiplex connector.
DEAN GRADWELL is online now Find More Posts by DEAN GRADWELL
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
Joined Oct 2004
597 Posts
Packed up and leaving for Muncie in the morning.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 07:47 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,516 Posts
See ya at summer camp. You know where I'll be.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:44 PM
Master of the Wind
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Sep 2008
1,161 Posts
Good luck, show them how it is done.
G Norsworthy is offline Find More Posts by G Norsworthy
Old Aug 06, 2010, 04:33 AM
Joined May 2006
604 Posts
As I promised

Dean and Beardsley - Finally got the 4600mAh A123 cells in.
The plan 3 flat pack did not work was expected - so modified some stuff and went back to the 2x2 inlines.

Tommorrow we'll see - I moved the CG forward abit as suggested, but reluctant to move the tow hook just yet. So tomorrow will be the test.

FYI - Max current flaps loaded = 1.5A Voltage drop from 6.56DC to 6.12DC so there is alot of resistance in the wires. Need to look into this.

Now with the skid installed nose and tail - I'm at 5012 grams so after all that work it's still fat - gotta look at how much protection the batteries really need etc....
That being said - The LiFe 3200 will give a those grams back, but given the current consumption observed need to look elsewhere - ah hem wire harness to tail section as you did! I'll look up that source.

Here is a snapshot of where it's at now.
jgs99v is offline Find More Posts by jgs99v
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:13 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,394 Posts
Do you have to shave 12 grams plus the weight of a logger and batteries or is it just a matter of shedding nonessentials?

Was this a stock MXC build or have repairs been done?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs99v View Post
Dean and Beardsley - Finally got the 4600mAh A123 cells in.
The plan 3 flat pack did not work was expected - so modified some stuff and went back to the 2x2 inlines.

Tommorrow we'll see - I moved the CG forward abit as suggested, but reluctant to move the tow hook just yet. So tomorrow will be the test.

FYI - Max current flaps loaded = 1.5A Voltage drop from 6.56DC to 6.12DC so there is alot of resistance in the wires. Need to look into this.

Now with the skid installed nose and tail - I'm at 5012 grams so after all that work it's still fat - gotta look at how much protection the batteries really need etc....
That being said - The LiFe 3200 will give a those grams back, but given the current consumption observed need to look elsewhere - ah hem wire harness to tail section as you did! I'll look up that source.

Here is a snapshot of where it's at now.
yyz is online now Find More Posts by yyz
Old Aug 07, 2010, 03:03 PM
Joined May 2006
604 Posts
Mike,

Looks like the 72MHz has to go - that will remove the antenna and tubing. It had to happen, now I'm forced to to it sooner. Don't need 22ga wire for the rudder servo - 26ga should suffice - then I should be under by quite a bit. I should be 4750 with the Extrex installed.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2004
597 Posts
Jack,
I found that too much landing flap increased servo power consumption alot.
I use a Hangar 9 meter in series and adjust flaps according to power consumption rather than a certain angle. You have to decide for yourself what your comfortable with. It's just the way it is with the MXC. I check all the servos with a meter.

Regards Dean
Old Aug 08, 2010, 10:53 AM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,516 Posts
Dean,
How much flap are you getting at the point you have determined is enough current draw? I would suggest 30-45 degrees is plenty for XC, its not a spot landing event. Enough flap to slow the plane down to a managable landing speed is plenty.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Aug 09, 2010, 11:27 AM
Joined May 2006
604 Posts
Dean,

I will experiment with Crow - unfortunately I was not able to test this as I left my toolbox and setup notebook at Davis on Friday :23#$!#4134@#$!#$#$@$@#$@#
But this would provide the largest braking surface with the least amount of current - since it's not only landing you might need this feature. However Beardsley has noted that with his stiff layup he remedied it by cutting the surface of the top skin - it's the live hinge that the servo is attempting to overcome.

JT or any of the Davis guys - please stash my toolbox until next saturday pretty please
Last edited by jgs99v; Aug 09, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling