SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 08:11 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Discussion
F-18 Remembered

Well this weekend I crashed my parkjet AGAIN. Seeing as how this is only my seccond airplane and before this I had no aileron experience I am very proud of myself and not so sad about the continual crashing.

But anyway here's what happened, the field I fly at, you have to face the sun to fly in the evening (mistake no.1) I thought if I went late enough I would be ok (mistake no.2) Now the sun was just below the trees and it was getting a tad dark, more like dusk though as it wasn't really getting dark. Here's mistake no. 3, I flew it smack dab in front of the super brilliantly bright sun and WHAM I got disoriented, as I was a tad blinded. while I was stunned it flew THROUGH a tree with a spectacular crunch, and once it popped out the other side, major control issues were present by the time I got "control" I was WAY out over a housing tract and freaking out. I BARELY got it back and just crashed it into the field as If I messed up the landing, I'd be back to where if I crashed, I could do some real damage. I know I shouldn't have given up, but I wasn't going to risk it.

I am going to repair and retire this model except if I am going to fly it at a proper club field.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2010, 08:23 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Thats not bad for going through a tree

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jun 02, 2010, 09:45 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
I know I still can't believe it! It is totally insane, the way it was flying I thought the wing was totally mangled but I guess the tree just wreaked havoc on the nose and all the evidence was destroyed further by the ensuing crash. Plus it broke cleanly where I had grafted on the previous nose, so repairs should be a snap.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon